Finallllllllllllsssssss!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair if you did a poll of the board before Round 1, more than not would have said we don't play finals.

I bought my September membership for the first time when I renewed my membership.
Can I claim prescience?

I know I know - I'm a band wagoner cause I've gone nine years without SM

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
With finals locked in, it's a great test to see if we're happy with what we've achieved and drop the ball or if we're hungry to go deep and ultra focused. Great test.
They wouldn't be where they are if they weren't hungry and wanting success. Betting Fages and Hodgy keeps them grounded and saying finals aren't the goal anymore, top 4 is

They wouldn't be where they are if they weren't hungry and wanting success. Betting Fages and Hodgy keeps them grounded and saying finals aren't the goal anymore, top 4 is
I very much doubt they would be saying that at all?
IMO they would be saying that we are playing an inform Bulldogs team this week that are right in the hunt for finals and will be coming up here with fire in their bellies, if we are even 2% off our game then we will be in for a hard night.
1 week at a time!

Sometimes hitting a milestone can make you complacent, even if it's subconscious and unintentional. In this case, it's the first time in 10 years we've made finals and they're human beings - it can happen. I don't think it will fwiw

I bought my September membership for the first time when I renewed my membership.
Can I claim prescience?

I know I know - I'm a band wagoner cause I've gone nine years without SM

Gadzorks.

lionsrules

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2006
brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
liverpool
I heard your call too. Nice work.

Going to be a massive last 2 rounds for the top of the ladder.
Round 22: Lions vs Cats, Tigers vs Eagles.
Round 23: Tigers vs Lions

I have us finishing 3rd (assuming no slips), but beating the Tigers and a big win over the Suns would be top - and premiership favorite.
(but let's keep the lid on, and not get ahead of ourselves!).

Last 2 rounds are crucial. Also with my ladder predictor in the last round Eagles take on Hawks at Optus. On my predictor IF hawks win that game they sneak into 8th. If that was to happen my predictor drops Eagles down to 5th assuming they lose thee week before to Tigers. My predictor has us winning all games but the Tigers and that would still place us 2nd and versing the tigers at the gabba week 1.
Geelong taking on Freo at Optus in the next few weeks is an important game too.

I'm not so sure this week - our game was a bit of a nonevent really. I expect we'll get a bit of talk about our return to finals in the two weeks before finals start - that bye means there's a lot of space to fill for the media, and I think we'll get a strong run on all the shows in there. The Demons got a bit of acknowledgement for making the finals last year, but that was just because it was in more dramatic circumstances - ours was really just getting the job done.

I think it also makes it harder to celebrate just making finals when there's still a fair bit on the line - just 'making' finals at this stage would probably be a disappointment to many in the media and at the club. If we lock a top 4 spot, I expect we'll get plenty of talk on those shows.

I by no means think we needed to be the focus of a segment, but was disappointed in all two hours we rated a mention once and for a few minutes at the very most. Further to that, when discussing the contenders, we didn't rate a mention (360).

As I said, I don't mean to sound petty, but it was a bit of a let down.

I by no means think we needed to be the focus of a segment, but was disappointed in all two hours we rated a mention once and for a few minutes at the very most. Further to that, when discussing the contenders, we didn't rate a mention (360).

As I said, I don't mean to sound petty, but it was a bit of a let down.
All the media and partcularly Foxtel are so in love with the Tigers and West Coast that they almost forgot to mention the Cats who just happen to be in first place. Both West Coast and the Tigers have shown they are very beatable, as indeed are we. Gee it would be very tasty if they both failed to make the prelims let alone the GF

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
All the media and partcularly Foxtel are so in love with the Tigers and West Coast that they almost forgot to mention the Cats who just happen to be in first place. Both West Coast and the Tigers have shown they are very beatable, as indeed are we. Gee it would be very tasty if they both failed to make the prelims let alone the GF

Ideal scenario would be Lions v Geelong grand final. Can't stand Richmond supporters.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
We have won a few games in a row but I don't really understand the love. We aren't really playing amazingly. We will probably drop the next two against WC and the Lions.

This thread title should definitely be re-titled Grand finals!!!! There is no reason you blokes can't get there. I only really see WC as the major road block for the Lions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This year we have proven that we are finals worthy. The last 2 weeks will show whether we are top 4 material, must win at least 1 of the 2 remaining games. Reckon we might have the cats covered.
yep feel the same , should be able to run over the cats, but.
I did a ladder predictor and had us losing to the Cats by 20 and Richmond by 30 just as an exercise .
Then I had the pies beating Adelaide by 20 and Essendon by 40 and we still get in by .1 of a percent.

A lot to go wrong for us for the pies to leap frog us , just gotto win over the Cats and all will be good, giving the pies no chance .

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Going into the final round points, percentage and opponent-

Lions- 64, 120.9% v Tigers.
Cats- 60, 132.4% v Blues.
Eagles- 60, 115.7% v Hawks.
Tigers- 60, 112.5% v Lions.
Bulldogs- 44, 105.6% v Crows.

1- If we beat the Tigers we finish 1st, close loss likely finish 2nd.
2- If the Magpies win and either the Tigers/Eagles lose the Pies finish in the top 4 and either the Eagles/Tigers miss the top 4.
3- Hawks/Crows/Power must win and hope the Dogs lose to even be a chance.

In the final 8 system-

A- The loser of 2 v 3 plays the winner of 6 v 7.
B- The loser of 1 v 4 plays the winner of 5 v 8.

Going into the final round points, percentage and opponent-

Lions- 64, 120.9% v Tigers.
Cats- 60, 132.4% v Blues.
Eagles- 60, 115.7% v Hawks.
Tigers- 60, 112.5% v Lions.
Bulldogs- 44, 105.6% v Crows.

1- If we beat the Tigers we finish 1st, close loss likely finish 2nd.
2- If the Magpies win and either the Tigers/Eagles lose the Pies finish in the top 4 and either the Eagles/Tigers miss the top 4.
3- Hawks/Crows/Power must win and hope the Dogs lose to even be a chance.

In the final 8 system-

A- The loser of 2 v 3 plays the winner of 6 v 7.
B- The loser of 1 v 4 plays the winner of 5 v 8.
Also if Geelong and West Coast win, and we draw with Richmond, then we have a return fixture two weeks later to determine who gets to host a prelim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back