Movie Finally got around to watching Blade Runner

Remove this Banner Ad

We were forced to watch it in school. Bored the **** off me. I don't know if that's something to do with the environment i watched it in or what (though i watched Gattaca/MP Meaning of Life at school and ended up loving those), but BR didn't grip me at all.

We were forced to watch it in school. Bored the **** off me. I don't know if that's something to do with the environment i watched it in or what (though i watched Gattaca/MP Meaning of Life at school and ended up loving those), but BR didn't grip me at all.
Gattaca was good. It's more entertaining than Blade Runner, but like BR it's a true sci-fi movie, posing a serious "what if?" question based on a scenario which is already feasible today.

Blade Runner's premise is still a little way from becoming a reality, but it too poses a few interesting questions. Or more to the point, the book upon which it was based posed those questions - "Do Robots Dream of Electric Sheep" by Philip K Dick.

does anyone think sci fi movies can be, and mean, and have metaphors for whatever the viewer wants?

Maybe in some cases but Blade Runner, Gattaca, Minority Report, Artificial Intelligence, The Man from Earth etc. carry a pretty straight forward narrative that challenges the viewer to think and develop further if they so desire to do.

Movies such as Primer, 2001 and Moon push you a little harder though and interpretations can be varied.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back