Finally the first charges laid in the Gillard/Wilson/Blewitt AWU frauds

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Looking forward to witnesses' evidence and more charges for others involved.

West Australian detectives investigating the Australian Workers’ Union slush fund scandal have charged former union official Ralph Blewitt with 32 counts of fraud over the misappropriation of more than $400,000.

Mr Blewitt, who is 71 and lives in Malaysia, has previously admitted to his role in using the AWU Reform Association fund established by then AWU boss Bruce Wilson while he was in a relationship with Julia Gillard.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...d/news-story/f42dfd3b862f152f45211d930149c90b

What will Gillard be charged with?
Most likely nothing

Royal commissioner Dyson Heydon recommended Mr Wilson and Mr Blewitt face prosecution for fraud-related offences connected to the slush fund.

No recommendations were made against Julia Gillard , I cant see police charging her if the Commissioner found there was no recommendation. Though it depends on the evidence brought forward in any trial

Most likely nothing

Royal commissioner Dyson Heydon recommended Mr Wilson and Mr Blewitt face prosecution for fraud-related offences connected to the slush fund.

No recommendations were made against Julia Gillard , I cant see police charging her if the Commissioner found there was no recommendation. Though it depends on the evidence brought forward in any trial
That is why I couldn't understand why her name is in the thread title.

Cos she did the paperwork. The investigation into her was in Victoria but with the ALP back in power probably dropped.
But even with (must not say corrupt) Commissioner Heydon chairing no recommendations were made against her

But even with (must not say corrupt) Commissioner Heydon chairing no recommendations were made against her

To be honest I no longer care, I would prefer the country focus on current issues rather than crap from 20 years ago but by all accounts Vic Pol was the group investigating her and a lot of stuff was not presented to the commission.

Cos she did the paperwork. The investigation into her was in Victoria but with the ALP back in power probably dropped.
Thanks for that but I happened to watch the RC and have no idea what you are on about except pushing your bias barrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t taste in men
Love is blind.

Actually I really would have liked to have seen her as PM without the baggage of Rudd and the manner in which she got the job.

Think she would have been great.

Love is blind.

Actually I really would have liked to have seen her as PM without the baggage of Rudd and the manner in which she got the job.

Think she would have been great.
She's still better than anything we've seen since Keating.

Yep, Dyson did a poor job. Evidence in this trial should be entertaining. Blewitt wants to nail the other two crims.

She's still better than anything we've seen since Keating.

Surely you jest.

Of those that followed Keating, Howard stands head and shoulders above the rest, which really are utter garbage.

You could argue that she'd come first or second out of Rudd, Gillard, Abbott and Turnbull, but that's like winning the best and fairest at the wooden spoon club.

I really would have liked to have seen her as PM without the baggage of Rudd and the manner in which she got the job. Think she would have been great.
She broke her election promises and wasted the opportunities she had. She developed a tin ear and thought that any criticism was misogyny.

Surely you jest.

Of those that followed Keating, Howard stands head and shoulders above the rest, which really are utter garbage.

You could argue that she'd come first or second out of Rudd, Gillard, Abbott and Turnbull, but that's like winning the best and fairest at the wooden spoon club.
John Howard pissed the mining boom away, sent us to war in order to suck up to the older boys, and put the country into structural deficit. You must be very impressed by the ability to walk round Sydney Harbour in Wallabies tracksuit

She broke her election promises and wasted the opportunities she had. She developed a tin ear and thought that any criticism was misogyny.
Out of the woodwork he comes, you know you are wasting a post responding to me don't you?
Speaking of broken promises and wasting good will and opportunities, hmm what was his name? That's right Tony (forgotten his last name, think it starts A as in a-hole).

John Howard pissed the mining boom away, sent us to war in order to suck up to the older boys, and put the country into structural deficit. You must be very impressed by the ability to walk round Sydney Harbour in Wallabies tracksuit
Don't forget the gold reserves he sold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back