Oppo Camp Finals 2019, week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, it’s wishful thinking.

Not sure the possibility is that remote 76, especially given his previous fine for a similar offense was issued less than a week ago. :) I'd be pleasantly surprised if he copped a week or 2, if only in the name of enforcing fair play on the ground.

The footage shown on Fox Footy was conclusive that he made contact with the opponent's face.

They have better marking forwards than us. We need to hit players on the lead because in the air 50/50 we would be destroyed.
That's why we need Reid if he is fit. Players are going to be kicking high balls late in the game because they are tired-it is unavoidable. That is why you need height, so even if you kick it on their heads one of your key forwards can make a contest and bring it to ground. If we play with Mihocek as our only tall I see Haynes and Davis dominating our forward line. We did okay early against the cats cause our adrenaline was pumping and we had momentum. We kicked another six after quarter time because the pressure went up and we had no clear targets up forward.

So I assume the giants are staying in Brisbane tonight if there is this curfew people are talking about
Nah, staying at my place, I'll be serving the drinks.

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah - Hodge has played a couple of ripping finals. I still don't know who I would rather play after that. Brisbane have won most of the key numbers 2 weeks in a row but can't manage to get their entries/conversions efficient. If they had scraped in tonight and everything clicked next week (and they weren't that bad against Richmond) .........maybe Giants on the road for the second week in a row after a tough game like that might be the pick. No doubt guys like Grundy and Stevo will be targeted but if we stand up for ourselves and don't lose it like Lions did at the start , the scoreboard will be the best weapon. I just hope we're not dumb enough to bomb it in to nobody all night like the Lions did.

I didn't see every minute of the game but it seems the Lions got another pretty raw deal from the umpires. :rolleyes: I'm not a conspiracy theorist but it at least gets you thinking when you add up the umpiring , Gil commenting on who should be re-signing , Greene's teflon coat at the tribunal etc........

It seems that Greene will get off again for his wayward fists - he is a true student of the art mastered by Sensei Cotchin before him of throwing his fists and elbows around in a way that accidentally causes injury.

I am pushing for a Greene Rule Mach II (if everything he does is just "misconduct") - every time you rack up $7500 in misconduct charges that adds up to a week. At least make him think twice about all the filthy s**t he does.

Yeah - Hodge has played a couple of ripping finals. I still don't know who I would rather play after that. Brisbane have won most of the key numbers 2 weeks in a row but can't manage to get their entries/conversions efficient. If they had scraped in tonight and everything clicked next week (and they weren't that bad against Richmond) .........maybe Giants on the road for the second week in a row after a tough game like that might be the pick. No doubt guys like Grundy and Stevo will be targeted but if we stand up for ourselves and don't lose it like Lions did at the start , the scoreboard will be the best weapon. I just hope we're not dumb enough to bomb it in to nobody all night like the Lions did.

I didn't see every minute of the game but it seems the Lions got another pretty raw deal from the umpires. :rolleyes: I'm not a conspiracy theorist but it at least gets you thinking when you add up the umpiring , Gil commenting on who should be re-signing , Greene's teflon coat at the tribunal etc........

It seems that Greene will get off again for his wayward fists - he is a true student of the art mastered by Sensei Cotchin before him of throwing his fists and elbows around in a way that accidentally causes injury.

I am pushing for a Greene Rule Mach II (if everything he does is just "misconduct") - every time you rack up $7500 in misconduct charges that adds up to a week. At least make him think twice about all the filthy s**t he does.

Not really. They won the free kick count 31-23 Lions way.

Not really. They won the free kick count 31-23 Lions way.

I really don't look at the numbers (if they're on , they're on) - it just seemed to me that GWS had the better of the contentious decisions , including the missed rugby pass that cost them at the end.

Not fussed if we win or lose, the prospect of playing Richmond in the GF has another lost GF written all over it, I can probably take one more GF loss but not to Richmond, but who knows what the footy gods have installed for us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back