Finals 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Both teams kicked 86 points together, 86!
We kicked 156 against North in the prelim on our own.

6 goals a piece, how does anyone enjoy watching this lol
I actually think its about time for zones or 15 a side. this running maul bullshit won't stop on its own. the whole less interchange thing will just mean tired sloppy s**t with 18 treloars or shiels running around

what would you actually lose from a game of footy losing 3 on the field? what a couple positions no1 actually stays in for more than 5 secs

what would you actually lose from a game of footy losing 3 on the field? what a couple positions no1 actually stays in for more than 5 secs
Agreed, field was made for fat cricketers 100 odd years ago, these campaigners run so much the fields to small for em. Chop 3 from each side. Also means 54 less crabs getting a run out each week.

Good game. Umpiring didn't decide it, was bad but not terrible. What is terrible is deliberate out of bounds. That rule needs to be wound back massively.

I reckon once they paid the first one from crowd noise they had to be consistent after that perhaps if this was at a neutral ground it wouldn't have come in that or it was a big focus from umpires this week. You know tje rule of the week which they deny but it's obvious. There was that 50m penalty that should have been paid to Robbie Gray but they completely missed it but about a month ago they were all over it.

Both teams kicked 86 points together, 86!
We kicked 156 against North in the prelim on our own.

6 goals a piece, how does anyone enjoy watching this lol

Your man Jeff Farmer kicked 8.1 that score alone beats both teams. Would like to add the round 22 game where we won by 70 but west coast still managed 100 points imagine losing by that much but still seeing your team kick 15. Under dermies rule first team to 100 wins is probably more like 60 now lol. We would have been at a 100 early in the 3rd lol.

Back to port game must admit I zoned out in the 3rd quarter. Port blew there chances in the first half and once Richmond took control they were happy to just deny port. Probably something they learnt after the letting Brisbane get away. When Richmond got out to a 10 point lead it felt as if it was game over even though there was heaps of time left. I really hope Brisbane cream cats I can't stand the thought of another Geelong premiership having said that I think either way Richmond has it. If there is hope I want Brisbane.

Jealous af of Richmond, they have such a simple game plan. Concede the contest because it's not that important, either you win it and try handball to the outside and all their numbers are there ready to tackle or hack it forward and get out marked by their defence. If they win it they've already got numbers outside. Crazy.

Tigs basically take the piss till finals time.

I reckon once they paid the first one from crowd noise they had to be consistent after that perhaps if this was at a neutral ground it wouldn't have come in that or it was a big focus from umpires this week. You know tje rule of the week which they deny but it's obvious. There was that 50m penalty that should have been paid to Robbie Gray but they completely missed it but about a month ago they were all over it.

Your man Jeff Farmer kicked 8.1 that score alone beats both teams. Would like to add the round 22 game where we won by 70 but west coast still managed 100 points imagine losing by that much but still seeing your team kick 15. Under dermies rule first team to 100 wins is probably more like 60 now lol. We would have been at a 100 early in the 3rd lol.

Back to port game must admit I zoned out in the 3rd quarter. Port blew there chances in the first half and once Richmond took control they were happy to just deny port. Probably something they learnt after the letting Brisbane get away. When Richmond got out to a 10 point lead it felt as if it was game over even though there was heaps of time left. I really hope Brisbane cream cats I can't stand the thought of another Geelong premiership having said that I think either way Richmond has it. If there is hope I want Brisbane.

Is it just me who would like to see Dangerfield get a premiership?

ok I’ll see myself out

Under usual circumstances I'd like Brisbane to smash the kitty's tonight, but I feel like if Port had won or Brisbane win the GF, then there's asterisk next to them forever because of the unusual advantages they've had with having a home ground and not playing other teams at their home grounds etc etc.

Especially with Port, they're an average team who has had a good year and got the extra leg up. Whereas if Richmond or Geelong win it, then we already know they are great teams and they'll have absolutely earned it. I could still cop Brisbane winning the GF though, but I wasn't copping Port, so good stuff Tigers.

So carn Cats, let's have an all Vic GF I say!

Under usual circumstances I'd like Brisbane to smash the kitty's tonight, but I feel like if Port had won or Brisbane win the GF, then there's asterisk next to them forever because of the unusual advantages they've had with having a home ground and not playing other teams at their home grounds etc etc.

Especially with Port, they're an average team who has had a good year and got the extra leg up. Whereas if Richmond or Geelong win it, then we already know they are great teams and they'll have absolutely earned it. I could still cop Brisbane winning the GF though, but I wasn't copping Port, so good stuff Tigers.

get ****ed with that bullshit. I do not want Danger in a GF or to win it🤮🤮🤮. Would love Brissie to win it as I dont want Richmond to be talked up as 1 of the greatest teams cause they arent.

get f’ed with that bullshit. I do not want Danger in a GF or to win it🤮🤮🤮. Would love Brissie to win it as I dont want Richmond to be talked up as 1 of the greatest teams cause they arent.

Yeh look Dangerfield is a giant knob, but when in doubt I'm still going to back the Vic club

My favourite bit of finals so far:

Derpsma. Nice mark, 50 out. lines up... and it's straight through the sticks! Ferals go wild!
BOW AND ARROW INTO THE CROWD! HULK HOGAN FLEX! "LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THESE GUNS!!!!"
Runs over to right into Tommy Lynch's face. RIGHT IN IT! RIGHT IN HIS FACE!! "TAKE THAT FLOG!!!!"
"GET AROUND HIM!!!!"
All-time celebration.

nek minnut. Rozee charges towards goal. Tight angle (didn't bother him a minute ago).
Sees the Derp alone 5 metres out, brilliant kick.

Derp drops an absolute sitter.
Absolute. *******. Sitter.
Oh Lord.

Still though, epic celebration. Carrying on like a meth addict having a psychotic episode.
That's what you want from a game of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh according to big footy every premiership has a *

Sydney's cola, Brisbane's cola, cats father sons, Hawks compromised drafts, dogs umpires, Tigers MCG run etc.

Port shidded the bed last 5 minutes , didn't give themselves a chance. Didn't man up Richmond's spares behind the ball and just let Nank take free intercept marks. Panicked and gave away dumb frees. Clear they just aren't ready yet but will be very scary next few years with rozee and the like dominating.

Port shidded the bed last 5 minutes , didn't give themselves a chance. Didn't man up Richmond's spares behind the ball and just let Nank take free intercept marks. Panicked and gave away dumb frees. Clear they just aren't ready yet but will be very scary next few years with rozee and the like dominating.
I'm not convinced they are a long term finals team yet.

Alot of their players had career best years, Boak is 32, Ebert retired, Hartlett 30, Jonas 29, Dixon 30
I think they could easily become an elimination finals side again.

Other favourite bit was when Dusty was in "one on one" with the guy who stole Stevie May's spot in the All Australian team, and Dusty just glanced in his direction and the AA guy fell over and Dusty took an uncontested grab and slotted the goal.

I'm not convinced they are a long term finals team yet.

Alot of their players had career best years, Boak is 32, Ebert retired, Hartlett 30, Jonas 29, Dixon 30
I think they could easily become an elimination finals side again.
That's a possibility but I think that their younger brigade will be better than what's currently there. Rozee and Butters are really, really good. I could see them having a couple more cracks with this year's team. And after the aforementioned are done the young talent would've taken over.

Yeah I don't reckon they'll be a threat for a while yet.

Hard to get a gauge how good any teams are. Fact is though they couldn't get it done with a two week break on their home ground against a team that has been in a hub for what, over three months?
If there is a genuine "home ground advantage" that would be multiplied by a billion given their circumstances.

Great kids though.

That's a possibility but I think that their younger brigade will be better than what's currently there. Rozee and Butters are really, really good. I could see them having a couple more cracks with this year's team. And after the aforementioned are done the young talent would've taken over.
Rozee and Butters better than Oliver and Petracca?

You need about 12-15 players all at their prime at once. I might have a cheaky wager on them missing finals next year.

Rozee and Butters better than Oliver and Petracca?

You need about 12-15 players all at their prime at once. I might have a cheaky wager on them missing finals next year.
Rozee and Butters few years younger, probably not as good but who knows.

Surely with every team playing each other once this is one of the fairest seasons we’ve had and the Flag is not compromised. Surely the bullshit fixture we normally have with teams playing each other twice at the whim of the AFL is more compromised. Wasn’t it supposed to be that every team played each twice over a three year period ?

Surely with every team playing each other once this is one of the fairest seasons we’ve had
All else being equal, sure.

As it stands, Brisbane and Port didn't have to spend three months away from home and weren't banned from a little T**ty bar and a cheeky kebab at 3am. Home games might have been nice too.

There's been huge disadvantages this year for Victorian clubs.

Random thought.

BT last night: "The umpires have put the whistle away, and that's what you're supposed to do in the last quarter of a preliminary final!".

What other sport in the world changes the rules and umpire interpretations for the finals series (let alone having the rules change throughout the game). And how good would it be if the umpires literally "put the whistle away"?

Countdown clock comes on, coaches hold up their stupid signs, crowd goes wild. The whistles have been stashed!
No weird deliberate out of bounds, no holding the ball, no kicking in danger, head-high tackles galore and if you Stevie May some dickhead wearing a Lions jumper into next season it's play on, no free kick and no report or suspension either.

Would make fantastic viewing. Probably gonna write a letter to my local member of parliament about this when I finish work for the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back