Finals 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Usually I would be barracking for anyone but Richmond but I find this Geelong team really unlikable. Even from 07 - 11 despite being so dominant they were likable but this team just annoys me.
Jimmy Bartel was the last Geelong player that I liked, it seems now that there is a large sense of arrogance at the club that stems from that flog Scott.

To me it seems like Dusty is the best finals/big game player. Leigh Matthews is the GOAT but you can make cases for Ablett snr and others. You could also make a case that the only games that matter are finals and then Dusty is the best ever. Interesting debate now. Could be like the eternal Jordan/Lebron conversation in the NBA.

If Ablett played full forward his whole career he would undoubtedly be the greatest player ever. Given , I didn't see any of Matthews career with my own eyes and perhaps I'm being a bit biased but Abletts freakish skills and toughness are unsurpassed imo. Absolutely unstoppable.

Jimmy Bartel was the last Geelong player that I liked, it seems now that there is a large sense of arrogance at the club that stems from that flog Scott.

Have to admit there's a bit of envy from me. I don't rate their list yet they consistently have made finals since their golden era. Since 07 we've bottom out twice and when we finally look like we've broken through we can't sustain it. Maybe I'm angry at the wrong club.

Surely Dangerfield gets weeks for the elbow . Tigers took their chances , Cats didn't . Still prefer a day GF , The GF will rate no matter when , its just the advertising dollars are bigger during prime time. Be honest you pricks ( AFL and TV networks ) .

Have to admit there's a bit of envy from me. I don't rate their list yet they consistently have made finals since their golden era. Since 07 we've bottom out twice and when we finally look like we've broken through we can't sustain it. Maybe I'm angry at the wrong club.
I respect what they've done as a footy club and they are a good side. But they have the most unlikable players in the comp, I don't know a non-geelong supporter that likes Danger, Ablett, Hawkins (worst of them), Selwood and that sook Scott. Plus Geelong fans are feral.

Last edited:
IMO the night grand final at the G with 100000 would be an incredible Superbowl like atmosphere. But the day GF provides more time after to celebrate and make an event of the day. I had to wake up at 7 this morning to play golf and I had to go to sleep straight after the presentation so it's not much of an event. I prefer the night for enterainment but half the fun of the day is the afterparty. Please keep day GF.

Surely Dangerfield gets weeks for the elbow . Tigers took their chances , Cats didn't . Still prefer a day GF , The GF will rate no matter when , its just the advertising dollars are bigger during prime time. Be honest you pricks ( AFL and TV networks ) .
The Danger elbow was incidental. Might get a week, but I'll actually go to bat for him for once. ThEoReTiCaLlY he could've dropped his arm straight down and left himself open to get cleaned up which is completely irrational. It was a reflex action that ended up bad. Not much he could do.

Agree with the rest.

The Danger elbow was incidental. Might get a week, but I'll actually go to bat for him for once. ThEoReTiCaLlY he could've dropped his arm straight down and left himself open to get cleaned up which is completely irrational. It was a reflex action that ended up bad. Not much he could do.

Agree with the rest.
Yep , it just annoys me that some "incidents " are judged on outcome and others are dismissed as "he didn't mean it , he is a good bloke yada yada.

What crap idea the night grand final is, if you're in favour of it because of the music and entertainment you're a * wit.

AFL Grand final is the entertainment, if you like a band use your iPod to listen to them you w***er.

What crap idea the night grand final is, if you're in favour of it because of the music and entertainment you're a fu** wit.

AFL Grand final is the entertainment, if you like a band use your iPod to listen to them you w***er.

I don't own an iPod, Topkent. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I respect what they've done as a footy club and they are a good side. But they have the must unlikable players in the comp, I don't know a non-geelong supporter that likes Danger, Ablett, Hawkins (worst of them), Selwood and that sook Scott. Plus Geelong fans are feral.
I like gaj but spare me the tears that he couldn't finish on a premiership win. * me dead most players don't even get a premiership and people are saying it's sad that he couldn't bow out on his 3rd premiership.

I like gaj but spare me the tears that he couldn't finish on a premiership win. fu** me dead most players don't even get a premiership and people are saying it's sad that he couldn't bow out on his 3rd premiership.
100%, especially when he sold out to the Gold Coast. Great player but I think people just fell for the romance of it all. No sympathy from me, he had a good run.

Best of this generation easily.
You can't really say that when this era includes Ablett, Judd, Franklin, Fyfe and Dangerfield amongst many others. Martin's an incredible player, particularly in the finals, but you couldn't really make a compelling argument for him being GOAT.

You can't really say that when this era includes Ablett, Judd, Franklin, Fyfe and Dangerfield amongst many others. Martin's an incredible player, particularly in the finals, but you couldn't really make a compelling argument for him being GOAT.
No doubt some great players there, perhaps too hasty. But it depends a bit on how you measure it. 3 flags, 3 Norms (albeit 2017 probably should've gone to Houli) and an excellent finals record shows he is a 'big game' player. A Brownlow too. Pretty compelling arguments.

Maybe not as consistently good as GAJ or Judd were, but his peak is better imo and has a few years to go. Danger I feel is overrated. Buddy unfortunately has been ruined by injury of late. I guess recency bias is creeping in.

He has a lot of impact in games that few match at present (admittedly injury or being in s**t teams has affected the others you mentioned from getting the same opportunities Martin has).

If you're in favour of it because of the music and entertainment you're a fu** wit. If you like a band use your iPod to listen to them you w***er.
So which is it- make up your mind.

Also no one has iPods anymore.
Except me, I have ******* heaps of them.

So which is it- make up your mind.

Also no one has iPods anymore.
Except me, I have ******* heaps of them.
I have two. Don’t use them much since my phone stores just as much now. Actually one of them I occasionally use because it’s rigged to a stand with my sound system. I can’t justify upgrading (the sound system) it because it’s brilliant and cost a poultice back in 2009. But it is slightly too old to have all the integrated wifi links with everything? But I can’t ditch it because I love it :( I think I’ll go the other way and retrofit a turntable etc. I adore records. They have magic that wasn’t really replaced by digital stuff. Plus album cover art can’t be enjoyed the same way on a phone

What crap idea the night grand final is, if you're in favour of it because of the music and entertainment you're a fu** wit.

I’m a night GF fan.

I don’t day drink and I like to have a couple of drinks during the GF so it works for me.

Agree with the rest.

I've also got this idea that Vlastuin can actually look after himself and if he wants to run full pelt into other players with no regard for his or the opponents safety, then he can run into whatever protection the other bloke proffers up, no one to blame here.

1603627778602.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back