Fixture Finals 2022 - Cats go in as Minor Premiers.

Remove this Banner Ad

O'Connor.

I've been a fan, and he's been livelier the last few weeks, but he seems destined for the medisub vest.

Moc is vulnerable as is rohan (though i loved his game last night) and miers and zuthrie. The rest of the guys that played last night should be safe imo.

2022 AFL Finals: Week 1​

Game 1 (Qualifying Final): TBC v TBC​

• 2nd vs 3rd
  • Winner: TBC
  • Result: TBC
  • Score: TBC
  • Date: Friday September 2, 2022
  • Start Time: TBC
  • Venue: TBC

Game 2 (Elimination Final): TBC v TBC​

• 6th vs 7th
  • Date: Saturday September 3, 2022

Game 3 (Qualifying Final): TBC v TBC​

• 1st vs 4th
  • Date: Saturday September 3, 2022

Game 4 (Elimination Final): TBC v TBC​

• 5th vs 8th
  • Date: Sunday September 4, 2022

We'll play Saturday night by the looks of it, which I prefer as I have planned something on the Friday night.

Where did you find this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting overrun in the midfield in finals is still the biggest worry for me. Danger/Selwood can still have big games but hard for them to have 3 big games in a row at this point in their careers. It is much harder for an Atkins level player to step up in finals compared to H&A to paper over the cracks. From that perspective Melbourne still scare the beejesus out of me regardless of current form.

I agree (and this is also why if im MC im picking menegola over our extra defenders like moc zuthrie and then miers as we need to bolster the midfield) which is why i dont play melb. If they play like they did last night we will beat them but their best will beat us if they find it imo. I want them on the opposite side of the draw to us and to not see them until GF (hopefully they are gone by then).

Give me coll especially or freo or bris at the G in a QF and im very happy.

Where did you find this?

Where's this from? Not doubting it, except for the lack of Thursday night final.

A Ladbrokes article. But it's been that format forever. 2nd QF (2v3) on Friday, 2nd EF (6v7) on Saturday arvo, 1st QF (1v4) on Saturday night and 1st EF (5v8) on Sunday.

Playing at the MCG is a given so no use worrying about it. But for gods sake the club needs to push for a Saturday game. Every single year a massive chunk of our fans can't make it because we play on Friday night.

Is this still a thing. It never used to be.

There were no complaints for the 07' prelim. The place was packed.

Geelong people need to stop blaming the fact they don't live in Melbourne and plan accordingly. Finals are always going to be in Melbourne, this is not new. Leave work early if need be, the match will start at 7:50pm. Heck if you're 15 mins late who cares.

Surely it doesn't take 3 hours to get from Geelong to the G.

A Ladbrokes article. But it's been that format forever. 2nd QF (2v3) on Friday, 2nd EF (6v7) on Saturday arvo, 1st QF (1v4) on Saturday night and 1st EF (5v8) on Sunday.

Just saw it. They must had dropped the thurs night final but I don’t know when.

I’m interstate the following week for work so hoping this format is true so I can fly back on the following Saturday arvo should the unfortunate situation mean we play week 2 then it’ll be the Saturday night.

Geelong people need to stop blaming the fact they don't live in Melbourne and plan accordingly. Finals are always going to be in Melbourne, this is not new. Leave work early if need be, the match will start at 7:50pm. Heck if you're 15 mins late who cares.

So bad of a poor take that I thought it was posted by a tigers fan.

So bad of a poor take that I thought it was posted by a tigers fan.

How? I used to travel to Melb each week so I have some experience.

It is not going to change so why keep going on about it, just do the best you can to get there.

There are prob people in melb who can't go for xyz reason, to label every Geelong supporter as doing it tough for having to travel on a Fri is a bit much. Not everyone has these issues with getting there.

Such a remarkable club considering I wrote them off after the finals last year thinking they would struggle to make the 8

Eating my hat considering they have not only made it on top but have completely addressed the weakness while playing the kids

This club will never cease to amaze me it’s been an absolute joy the last 15 odd years and has really made up for this dark years before 2007

We will have to be mentally ready for a team to come out against us like a buzz saw. So far we have had the system, skills, cohesion, and desire. But clinical can often be eclipsed by ability and massive desperation. We have to be able to deal with that sort of manic pressure in finals.
This is the benefit of now being a pressure team ourselves.

In previous finals we have sought to absorb the pressure and counterpunch and copped a KO in the first “round”.

Now we can get on the front foot and dish that treatment out ourselves.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since the finals bye was introduced, there's always been a Thursday final instead of Sunday. The last Sunday final was played in 2015 (excluding 2021 because of no pre-finals bye).

1v4: Saturday
2v3: Friday

1v4: Thursday

1v4: Friday
2v3: Saturday

2v3: Saturday

1v4: Saturday

IMO, that ladbrokes article is just full of placeholders, the finals fixture is done on a case by case basis.

I think because the V/Line train no longer goes to Richmond puts people off. But then again, the walk from Flinders St station isn't that far.

I think because the V/Line train no longer goes to Richmond puts people off. But then again, the walk from Flinders St station isn't that far.

Not hard to catch a train from Southern Cross to Richmond or Jolimont though. Even trams run to the MCG. Not really a need to walk from Flinders.

So it ends at Flinders? Jump straight on the 75 or 70 tram which is right out the front.

There are people travelling in from outer Melbourne suburbs which takes as long as a Geelong train.

The VLine from Geelong doesn't stop at Flinders St, but I agree it's still a poor excuse. From Spencer St you can get a direct train to Jolimont (platform 9) or Richmond (platform 10, 12 or 13). Even with metro trackworks, generally one of those platforms will be running trains.

So it ends at Flinders? Jump straight on the 75 or 70 tram which is right out the front.

There are people travelling in from outer Melbourne suburbs which takes as long as a Geelong train.

Ends at Southern Cross. But jump on a Jolimont or Richmond train and it's only 10min to the G.

Good luck doing that with kids. Our lack of saturday afternoon finals is ridiculous scheduling.

The VLine from Geelong doesn't stop at Flinders St, but I agree it's still a poor excuse. From Spencer St you can get a direct train to Jolimont (platform 9) or Richmond (platform 10, 12 or 13). Even with metro trackworks, generally one of those platforms will be running trains.

There is no metro track work that will stop people getting from southern Cross to Richmond or jolimont the night of an AFL final. Heck there are free trams to the G every time there's an event on.

Are Geelong people making this stuff up honestly.

Are Geelong people making this stuff up honestly.
Once you get to Melbourne, it's easy to get to the G, I've never understood that issue.

But as someone who used to live in Geelong, working 9-5 it isn't easy to get up quickly.

No one is saying it isn't possible. I could always make it to the game by 7.50pm (just), but it was a rush and a massive hassle. I'd have much rathered the game be played on Saturday. I don't see why as fans of the home club who have earned 1st place, we can't ask for our home finals to be played on Saturday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back