timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
ok no order here goes

finals teams to make it are

cats,blues,tigers,dees,pies,lions,swans,power

theres only i know it is only 2 that play oon the grand final day i know but i have 4 teams that can make the big dance they are:

cats,dees,lions and pies

cats: they will try to win it again showing age is no barrier
dees: if the gawn and grundy thing works they are the best if it works still got flag stars from 2021
lions: time has come finally they have up there a long time time is ticking for fagans men
pies: out to prove everyone that 2022 is no flash in the pan and will do so Fly is the best game day coach in the afl as well.

I was going to say blues but i feel like not this year besides they missed finals in 2022 so lack that big game feeling and experiance but all they need to do is finally make it or voss will be gone
Tigers i say they have just 1 more that is 1 more punch left in them. Seams the tigers are getting found out now adays with better teams and more teams have improved. Im on the fence as they have 1 more left in them also i feel they are done and simply done,getting more hampered with injury as well these days.

Swans i say a slip but still decent team Longmire is at the end of his tenure he will try to rally the swans once more. They have got good kids but need to plan for life after buddy. Which they rely upon.

Power i have them it was out of power or freo both can mkae it i have gone for power just. I feel more like freo as well. freo has a better coach in Longmure then ken anyway.

Tough that misses:

Dogs i think the days are gone when they are token finals appearances are over but still may squeeze in there.

Crows i feel are flying under the radar and have some talented kids its like the crows under radar.

They say essendon are due for a good year but they i feel are a rabble atm.

Really its case of 2024 for the rest.

Spoon is Hawthorns.

its-so-hard-6fc3636f18.jpg

Big call:

Geelong, Carlton, Collingwood.

That's it. Sydney had a great run last year but they lack the talls. Melbourne, Bulldogs, Richmond and Brisbane didn't do enough to fix flaws. Freo aren't there yet. Not buying Port.

Of last years Top 4 the bears improved their list the most imo.
Did they though? They didn't address their backline which wasn't quite up to the task to go all the way.

Did they though? They didn't address their backline which wasn't quite up to the task to go all the way.
Did Geelong address their backline after it wasn’t quite up to the task to go all the way in 2021?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it will end up being a Geelong vs Fremantle Grand Final.

If Fremantle can keep their key position players healthy they might win the 2023 Premiership. They just never seem to have a settled lineup.

History suggests that when a team losses a Grand Final by a big margin they rarely recover. I don’t think Sydney will be that much of a threat this year.

Did Geelong address their backline after it wasn’t quite up to the task to go all the way in 2021?
The backline wasn't the issue.

We lost most of our finals between 2016-21 for the same reason. A sub par ruck division and being smashed in the midfield after dominating the H&A season.. I.e. Mids choking.

And yes we addressed all those issues. Even learned to win without Stewart knitting the defence together.

1. Stanley rucks centre bounces then drifts to CHB. Blicavs uses his aerobic capacity to run around the ground as a ruck rover.
2. Henderson out. De Koning in.
3. Much deeper spread of midfielders. Atkins, Holmes, Guthrie, Blicavs all taking load off Dangerfield and Selwood reliance.

Big call:

Geelong, Carlton, Collingwood.

That's it. Sydney had a great run last year but they lack the talls. Melbourne, Bulldogs, Richmond and Brisbane didn't do enough to fix flaws. Freo aren't there yet. Not buying Port.
Love to know why you think both Richmond & Brisbane didn't address issues?

I think it will end up being a Geelong vs Fremantle Grand Final.

If Fremantle can keep their key position players healthy they might win the 2023 Premiership. They just never seem to have a settled lineup.

History suggests that when a team losses a Grand Final by a big margin they rarely recover. I don’t think Sydney will be that much of a threat this year.
Much and all as I would love to see B2B, if Freo win I would not be too fussed at all.

Dees the ones for me to seriously challenge, then Pies.

And edit: Cats won bigtime in trade period to replace like for like

We lost most of our finals between 2016-21 for the same reason. A sub par ruck division and being smashed in the midfield after dominating the H&A season.. I.e. Mids choking.

And yes we addressed all those issues. Even learned to win without Stewart knitting the defence together.

1. Stanley rucks centre bounces then drifts to CHB. Blicavs uses his aerobic capacity to run around the ground as a ruck rover.
3. Much deeper spread of midfielders. Atkins, Holmes, Guthrie, Blicavs all taking load off Dangerfield and Selwood reliance.
And Close and Miers etc running everywhere to link up

So Geelong addressed their issues internally? Why can’t Brisbane address their backline internally?

Love to know why you think both Richmond & Brisbane didn't address issues?
I don’t trust Brisbane’s defending across the ground. And I think McStay was their most reliable defensive tall, so I’m not sure Gunston is an upgrade. I don’t think Dunkley’s a strong defensive mid. I really don’t trust their key defenders and that’s before Adams was done for the year.

Richmond, the midfielders will really help, but at some stage Riewoldt gets too old, Lynch has dodgy hammies and the lack of defensive forwards stands out to me. Not sure Rioli can do it alone. Combined with ageing defenders I think Richmond are just on the losing side of Father Time this year. Not to say Taranto and Hopper aren’t great picks ups and that Richmond can’t do a Geelong but I think those guys will pay off in a couple of years once the young wave of talent comes around them.

2 sides that should be top 6 or so, Brisbane even higher. But I’m not convinced by them.

Carlton have a lower floor but a higher ceiling if they really get rolling.

The Bont is fit a raring to go and I suspect a 2021 type season
English gets better every season.
Liam Jones has been killing it preseason.
Naughton had had his first injury pre season since his debut season.
Marra is primed for a breakout season.

I think we are top 4 and have a shot at the flag barring a bad run with injuries.

Surely that Dees team fixes its shortcomings and challenges the Cats. Neale will get tagged every week and the other Brissy mids just don’t do enough.

I can't believe this thread has 22 posts already, even if some of them are pisstakes. Are you people insane?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back