teknodeejay

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Arsenal
have no idea why most professional sportspeople get married or into committed relationships during their careers.

It’s the law of possession many blokes have and I’ve seen plenty of it. They don’t want to just be with that person, but they don’t want anyone else to be with that person while they’re off being with other people. Once saw a failed footy ‘Star’ at a wedding and they were chatting up every young lady that gave them attention. Their missus was there too, and when she was chatting to some random bloke over a glass of red he couldn’t handle it and made her feel that bad about it that she left. Of course he stayed to add another notch.
Despicable alpha possessive behaviour. Not suggesting that Rohan is this type. Just seen plenty of it.

GoTheSwannies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
He's got 2 Leon Davis Medals though!
In fairness to Rohan... he should get to keep both after the settlement.. he bloody earned them!!

Concussion test

Adelaide Football Club. Established 1860
May 19, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
He’s got serious claims to three.
I see your thinking there, but to be fair, Lewis Jetta had him covered in the 2014 Granny.
Gary was a worthy runner up on the day with only 7 touches, which really equated to an absolute blinder by his lowly standards.
I don't think I'd be alone in hoping that he can get on the big stage yet again, and cement himself as one of the games all-time legends.

Last edited:

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was reading something about the high rate of divorces NFL players go through in the 24 months after they retire... Plenty of reasons, most of which fall on the guy rather than his partner.
If this is true, then it should be borne out by the proportion of divorces sought / initiated by the men being higher than for the women.

Is this the case? I highly doubt it.

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
If this is true, then it should be borne out by the proportion of divorces sought / initiated by the men being higher than for the women.

Is this the case? I highly doubt it.

The opposite, if you're the one who's undergoing huge changes as a person it's probably going to be your partner breaking up with you. A broad example would be who have ended up being alcoholics or wife beaters are probably more likely to be divorced than initiate the divorce. More sports specific people suffering from CTE, depression or poor financial management would be more likely to be divorced than initiate the divorce.

"When athletes retire, most face an identity crisis. Many do not retire on their own terms, and once they leave the game, they also leave behind the fame and fortune, the crowds and adoration. Their wives experience a similar loss of status. The dynamic players they married can become passive and withdrawn."
- source

If you're a male athlete who's retiring after 15 years in the game it's a hell of a lot more change for you as an athlete than for your partner.

darcytiger

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
9FCF9D50-9959-46E4-AE1A-7313F22105A0.jpeg

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
For the last two days a number of publications have been peppered with stories about Gary and his ex wife’s Instagram posts.

I would get it if it were Buddy maybe but I cannot understand why Gary Rohan of all people has become such big news.

For the last two days a number of publications have been peppered with stories about Gary and his ex wife’s Instagram posts.

I would get it if it were Buddy maybe but I cannot understand why Gary Rohan of all people has become such big news.

I would say it's some conspiracy to try and disrupt the teams preparation ahead of today's match, but Rohan ain't playing

The number of articles is ridiculous and surely no one outside of the circle of families & friends actually have a vested interest in it

I would say it's some conspiracy to try and disrupt the teams preparation ahead of today's match, but Rohan ain't playing

The number of articles is ridiculous and surely no one outside of the circle of families & friends actually have a vested interest in it
He might not be playing, but he's still playin'.

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

LOL. delusional...or there is an international cabal of shapeshifting lizard elites who meet in a pizza shop basement that doesnt exist to plan on ways to make geelong play bad especially when they play hawthorn and the best they came up with was to have gary rohan have an affair with a team physio and leave his young wife holding the baby.

Rohan put up a photo with his kids and the new girl. it's exactly the s**t they cover in the gossip section.

Last edited:

Concussion test

Adelaide Football Club. Established 1860
May 19, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
LOL. delusional.

Rohan put up a photo with his kids and the new girl. it's exactly the sh*t they cover in the gossip section.
They're still working the click value from Rohan being a bit of a prick for leaving his wife and young family (along with the added tragedy) and starting a new relationship in the hub. He posts the picture and they lazily regurgitate the story.

Last edited:

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
LOL. delusional...or there is an international cabal of shapeshifting lizard elites who meet in a pizza shop basement that doesnt exist to plan on ways to make geelong play bad especially when they play hawthorn and the best they came up with was to have gary rohan have an affair with a team physio and leave his young wife holding the baby.

Rohan put up a photo with his kids and the new girl. it's exactly the sh*t they cover in the gossip section.
If Gary Rohan and Mia Fevola ever hooked up we may never get any other news stories again

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
They're still working the click value from Rohan being a bit of a prick for leaving his wife and young family (along with the added tragedy) and starting a new relationship in the hub last year. He posts the picture and they lazily regurgitate the story.

Exactly. nothing to do with the international cabal of reptilian elites hellbent on bringing Geelong down - They are focussed on having Tom Hawkins whispering in Chris Scott's ear about how good his beard looks.

Dont believe me...find a photo of Tommy Hawkins and focus on his eyes...dead giveaway.

Back