Votes: 27 24.5%

• Total voters
May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
Sleeping Richmond bandwagon? For some reason despite being s**t for 35 years they have heaps of supporters, I'm not surprised.
But I wanted to go to the footy :( I'm trying to get tickets through a friend but it's looking unlikely. Might just head along to the VFL grand final instead. i can't see that selling out at Etihad

Reynolds Number

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As
Sleeping Richmond bandwagon? For some reason despite being s**t for 35 years they have heaps of supporters, I'm not surprised.
I wonder how many blue n yella fams jumped on in 2009 because of Benny only to jump off in 2011 when the Eagles were a chance for a flag only to jump back on again over the last few weeks.

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
The latent support for richmond is absolutely massive in melbourne. If everyone signed up for membership that pledged some kind of allegiance for richmond they could prob fill the mcg 5 or 6 times over

They are all just coming out the woodwork now cause richmond look good for once

Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts Vancouver Canucks
Anyone remember the Jumpers we wore in the 2013 GF? - anyone?

That's right the White clash ones - because:

"AFL media relations manager Patrick Keane announced on Twitter on Sunday that as the higher-ranked club, Hawthorn had been given the right to wear its home jumper, shorts and socks." Source:
Link

Now with Richmond looking like wearing their awful canary away strip, if they make the Grand final apparently the rules are completely different.

McLachlan indicated the Crows had no claims to be the home team despite finishing the season on top of the ladder.

“I don’t think there’s a home team,” he said. “The highest-ranking team gets the advantage of a longer break because you’ve got to make a decision on that, but in the end it’s not a home final.” Source: Link

And people say that the Purple Haze think that the rules change to suit the VFL (oops AFL)

what a steaming pile of Horse excrement!

Bender571

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

"AFL media relations manager Patrick Keane announced on Twitter on Sunday that as the higher-ranked club, Hawthorn had been given the right to wear its home jumper, shorts and socks." Source:
Link

Now with Richmond looking like wearing their awful canary away strip, if they make the Grand final apparently the rules are completely different.

McLachlan indicated the Crows had no claims to be the home team despite finishing the season on top of the ladder.

“I don’t think there’s a home team,” he said. “The highest-ranking team gets the advantage of a longer break because you’ve got to make a decision on that, but in the end it’s not a home final.” Source: Link

And people say that the Purple Haze think that the rules change to suit the VFL (oops AFL)

I believe we choose to wear the white jumper because we were forced to wear white shorts, and we have/had a policy to always wear white jumper with white shorts.

But McLachlan's comments are a joke, of course Adelaide should be treated as the home team.

Nodgey

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SDFC, Liverpool, Scorchers
I understand a prelim is a bigger match than a qualifying final, but how can Richmond v GWS attract a bigger crowd than Rich v Geelong? Might be ammunition here to troll some Geelong fans...

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I understand a prelim is a bigger match than a qualifying final, but how can Richmond v GWS attract a bigger crowd than Rich v Geelong? Might be ammunition here to troll some Geelong fans...

Richmond supporters emerging out of their closets probably since GF is possibly around the corner.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Could be the non members last chance to watch them live. If you're not a member, getting a Grand Final ticket is very hard.

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
There'd be a lot of neutral supporters going too. There's not much sport on in Melbourne at the moment... and everyone's getting a little bored/trying to get some footy in before the end of the season

Frank J Moose

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2012
Brownes Stadium
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Buffalo

Link

I actually like Richmond's canary yellow outfit.

Carson Dial

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Think I prefer adelaide to win. I'd love to see the melts from the Vics that come with a non-Vic club winning, but don't want GWS
I'll settle for any non-Vic team winning preferably from a goal kicked from an impossible angle after the siren! Imagine the headlines!

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Will that mean the crows will have to wear their clash jersey now if they make the grand final against richmond.

My guess will be they will both be allowed to wear their home jumper with one of them wearing white shorts, and the AFL will just pretend the clash is not an issue.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Richmond have a good clash guernsey, inverse and looks good.

If you're going to have a clash then make it one you would win a GF in, ours is good so we wore ours, Tigers should wear theirs if they make it

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
I just got given 2 x GF tickets through my work.

My wife goes for Richmond so if they make it she will be ecstatic to go but I do feel a bit weird about the fact I am getting tickets through my work and hardcore fans are going to miss out. Unless GWS make it, they have no fans who will miss out.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle

My wife goes for Richmond so if they make it she will be ecstatic to go but I do feel a bit weird about the fact I am getting tickets through my work and hardcore fans are going to miss out. Unless GWS make it, they have no fans who will miss out.

Thats how the GF is. A third of the stadium will be corporate invitees.

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I'm sorry. I'd go to the WAFL final if it was closer to me

You can just give them to me instead if you feel weird about going.

I won tickets to the Hawks v West Coast one in 2015. I had no idea who to go for.

Back