2nds FINALS: Footscray vs Bombers Sund 2.40 @NPO

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a L.Nash, no.61 fan. Bulldogs seem to use him predominantly as a tagger.
Looks skilled on both sides, hard at it and not the slowest, maybe a tall wingman.
As for the game, Ess. weren't good enough, T Boyd was the difference, and yes it was out of bounds.

I don't think enough credit is given to our VFL stalwarts. Jamieson, Nash, Gowers, Russell, Hayes, Tash-Bec all were consistent high performing players. I'd expect a few AFL teams to give a few of them the once over. Last season we had Long and Hannan drafted so says heaps for our VFL development. Western Bulldogs may not be a destination club yet, but Footscray is becoming one.

I don't think enough credit is given to our VFL stalwarts. Jamieson, Nash, Gowers, Russell, Hayes, Tash-Bec all were consistent high performing players. I'd expect a few AFL teams to give a few of them the once over. Last season we had Long and Hannan drafted so says heaps for our VFL development. Western Bulldogs may not be a destination club yet, but Footscray is becoming one.
With the draft shaping how it is, I'd be surprised if at least 1 of our VFL boys isn't drafted.

We really should get first preference to them like F/S.

Be able to match the pick they're drafted at like NSW/QLD sides do for their academy picks.

Be able to match the pick they're drafted at like NSW/QLD sides do for their academy picks.

I agree. But teams that don't have stand alone VFL are in strife. Lolnorf

But the rationale for those clubs having first refusal on academy players is that it balances out the advantage Vic clubs get from F/S picks.

But the rationale for those clubs having first refusal on academy players is that it balances out the advantage Vic clubs get from F/S picks.
Sydney/Brisbane get F/S picks and GWS/GC will have access to them when their players start having kids...

Sydney/Brisbane get F/S picks and GWS/GC will have access to them when their players start having kids...
Well that was the original rationale. As always the AFL manages to corrupt a simple principle of fairness to suit its business objectives.

Well that was the original rationale. As always the AFL manages to corrupt a simple principle of fairness to suit its business objectives.
Brisbane get Academy picks, F/S picks - including Fitzroy - and even got that Lawrence bloke F/S (Steven?) on the basis his Dad played 50 games in the QAFL. Even though his 50th game was just sitting on the bench as a 47yo.

I also love how every Victorian team has 3 F/S players coming through EVERY year that would normally go in rounds 1 and 2 but are allowed to have picks 45, 61 and 72 used on them to bid instea....

Sorry, what...???

They DON'T!?!?

Madness!!!!

Anyway, that's not the point of this thread.

Go the 'Scray!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back