Finals + Granny?

Remove this Banner Ad

He did apply for himself only, said so himself on Footy Classified on Wednesday night, he was prepared to show it to Caro on air and she declined and said she was happy to take his word for it.

You can't have a G2G application with multiple people on it, each person has to have their own application. A company can apply to have multiple people given an exemption to get into WA but then each individual person on the exemption has to put in a G2G application and meet the requirements.

This is exactly how I am currently in Perth doing hotel quarantine. My employer submitted a list to WAPol of people from both Qld and Vic that they would like to get back into WA, once the police said ok, we then had to individually apply for a G2G pass and submit all of our supporting information along with it.
He'd made it clear in discussions once he was in WA he would expect to bring over a crew including his boys and says so himself on the same show you refer to.
Once those discussions had been had it was clear if he was let in there would be expectations around the boys and more crew. Everyone knew what he was doing and it didn't wash.

He'd made it clear in discussions once he was in WA he would expect to bring over a crew including his boys and says so himself on the same show you refer to.
Once those discussions had been had it was clear if he was let in there would be expectations around the boys and more crew. Everyone knew what he was doing and it didn't wash.

He could have all the expectations he liked if they let him in, it's not up to him unless everyone thinks he could hack the G2G system and approve applications.

He could have all the expectations he liked if they let him in, it's not up to him unless everyone thinks he could hack the G2G system and approve applications.
We simply don't need his drama, it's not a necessity for the game, especially a guy who fought tooth and nail trying to stop it ever coming to WA. He is a hypocritical, nepotist in this area and the right decision was absolutely made.
I just hope they don't revisit it, his true colours are on show for all: " Thank God They Only Have It For One Year".

We simply don't need his drama, it's not a necessity for the game, especially a guy who fought tooth and nail trying to stop it ever coming to WA. He is a hypocritical, nepotist in this area and the right decision was absolutely made.
I just hope they don't revisit it, his true colours are on show for all: " Thank God They Only Have It For One Year".
I thought McGowan put it best
"He isn't essential for the GF and therefore his application was rejected "

I've seen this movie before.

Geelong beat Melbourne in a heart breaker. Load up on the Cats guys. I assume they are paying a lot.

I think they get rolled by Port or the Dogs in a grand final though.

Ideal match up in order...

1. Melbourne vs Bulldogs
2. Melbourne vs Port Adelaide.
3. Bulldogs vs Geelong.
4. Geelong vs Port Adelaide.

I see a problem bobbed up last night that I have posted about being a possibility of happening.

Zach Sproule from GWS had to spend an extra hour or so sitting at the ground because the WAPol had to work out a procedure to get him from the ground and to a hospital and remain in a bubble since they hadn't done 2 weeks of quarantine.

Luckily it was only a dislocated shoulder.

It shouldn't be a problem for the rest of the games over there now. Melbourne and Geelong will be a day or so short of the 2 week requirement but they both went into bubbles in Victoria the Monday before they left for Adelaide so I think those extra few days get taken into consideration for the purposes of the AFL bubble. If the Dogs win tonight and then next week they'll be clear by the time the gf comes around.

What is the point of the players being tested so frequently if then an injured player is made to wait longer to go to hospital?

What if a player is seriously injured and needs an urgent trip to the hospital? 'Sorry, I know you don't have COVID and you have bleeding on the brain, but we have to wait until we can form a secure bubble to get you to an emergency room'.

100% agree.

McGuire pulled how many suggestions to keep the GF in Melbourne?

Never really supported a Perth venue.

He and his family and cronies are not essential workers. And now he holds little power in the AFL

What is the point of the players being tested so frequently if then an injured player is made to wait longer to go to hospital?

What if a player is seriously injured and needs an urgent trip to the hospital? 'Sorry, I know you don't have COVID and you have bleeding on the brain, but we have to wait until we can form a secure bubble to get you to an emergency room'.

Calm the farm.

They just need to get their proceedure in place.......which they should have already.

End of the day probability of any injury being life threatening is extremely low. They would be sucking on the blue whistle if any bones are broken.

On a related note the real reason why McGowan is so hard on border control and covid is the WA hostpital system is already under massive strain. They have hostpitals on yellow alert with limited beds without any covid in the community. Same here in Darwin on and off.

If covid got loose in WA McGowan would have blood on his hands because he hasnt invested in and managed a health system that could handle it.

Calm the farm.

They just need to get their proceedure in place.......which they should have already.

End of the day probability of any injury being life threatening is extremely low. They would be sucking on the blue whistle if any bones are broken.

On a related note the real reason why McGowan is so hard on border control and covid is the WA hostpital system is already under massive strain. They have hostpitals on yellow alert with limited beds without any covid in the community. Same here in Darwin on and off.

If covid got loose in WA McGowan would have blood on his hands because he hasnt invested in and managed a health system that could handle it.
The WA health systems will really struggle under any sort of pressure.
The issues have however, as the WA arm of the AMA states itself, taken many years of mismanagement to get here. If you really want to find the beginnings it probably goes back to the longest serving health minister this state has ever had; Kim Hames under the absolute failure of government that was Colin Barnett, whilst a terribly compromised WA media and misinformed public sat idly by watching it all burn. It will take decades to get back on track.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what is going on with the AFL's security advisors saying there is a risk of a terror attack in Perth?

In three weeks time?

So the AFL is cancelling the parade.

All very strange.

So what is going on with the AFL's security advisors saying there is a risk of a terror attack in Perth?

In three weeks time?

So the AFL is cancelling the parade.

All very strange.
Why hasn't the parade been cancelled numerous times in the past in the face of terror threats? I'd say with covid and the difficulties in moving people across states/countries, orchestrating a terrorist attack of that scale would be extremely difficult.

Great result for the locals. With Victorian, Dees and Dogs fans locked out of the state there will be 1000s of extra tickets with Port bowing out

The curse of Norm Smith 1964 - 2021

Melbourne Lockdown goes till mid September

Grand Final is in Perth

No Victorian can enter WA without 2 weeks quarantine

Dees make the Grand Final

Down at half time everyone says they are Gawn

They comeback

And win

A Goodwin

Everything predicted is true here. The down at half time and comeback turned out right

Remove this Banner Ad

Back