mattis117

Premium Platinum
Aug 20, 2010
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester City
Since mid year a number of regular freo BF posters have developed some epic previews for us and it has been highly entertaining. To capture all the passion that we have leading into these history defining games for our club, I thought a new process regarding the preview should be looked at.
Anyone who has never written a preview for us, this is your chance to dip your toe in the water.

Essentially it would be a thread that is composed and maintained by Seppo (because he can do things no one else can :)) and the rules would be as follows:

1) Each poster is only allowed to complete one section of the preview;
2) Each section must include at least one picture or video; and
3) Each poster must nominate the section they would like to write before hand.

Ideally the preview thread would be set up with Seppo as OP, you nominate a section, when complete post it in the thread and then Seppo will edit his OP to include your section.

We are almost certain to be playing Geelong, so we could start the nomination process this week so that everyone has ample time to develop their post.

This is where you can contribute to this thread - what sections should we include? So far the skeleton I would have is:

1) Introduction (time, place, recent results) - Frigate

2) Recent Head to Head matches between the two clubs - Beeawwb SP

3) Rivalry between the two clubs - Wizard

4) Team analysis - broken into three parts (must be done for both teams):
Freo Backs & Cats Forwards- caterina
Mids (Freo & Cats) - Kaney321
Freo Forwards & Cats Backs - go_the_dockers

Section 4 could be done by one person, 3, or even 6. Depends who dominates for this section I suppose.

5) A general form guide - estibador

6) Likely changes leading into the match, including WAFL, VFL potential inclusions - stormee

7) Stats that everyone loves (leading performance indicators etc) - Seppo

8) Coaches - mattis117

9) Depth (eg focus on players 17-22 in the team and those just missing out) - samcoppo11

10) Conclusion and predictions and a funny one liner. - Moo

Why do this?

I have seen some very very good previews from our posters so far this year and we need to capture the thoughts and passion of all our posters into one epic preview thread.

I know it will be hard, but you will need to ensure you stay within the confines of your sections, otherwise we could end up repeating a lot of stuff.

Again - these sections are only my suggestion - if anyone has any ideas for new sections then lets include them.

Obviously at ten sections we will need ten posters to contribute, we should be able to easily manage that considering it is only a paragraph or two of text that each person will need to write.

Can I at least help with the week 1 preview? Happy to consult with any other posters, don't think I'd have time to do the whole thing but I'd love to be a contributor.

That is the whole point of this stormee, you don't have to write the whole thing. Ofcourse you can contribute, pick a section from the OP and it's yours to write.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to do the intro. Going to Sydney for the weekend with an MCL injury so plenty of time to make a good go of it!

Distracting one liners that add nothing but amuse me - I'll put my hand up for this one.

I've thrown you into the conclusion and prediction. Feel free to humour us...

Just need 1 more person for the Forward analysis and we can start.

I'll start a new thread tomorrow and you can past your entry in and I will edit the OP building up the Frankenstein Preview from multiple authors.

I'll start a new thread tomorrow and you can past your entry in and I will edit the OP building up the Frankenstein Preview from multiple authors.

Sweet! When do we want these in by?

I will have a crack at the Forward analysis, if no one else has beaten me to it.

I am wondering if instead of one person doing both teams forwards, you would be better of doing a Geelong Forward's vs Fremantle Back's analysis and vice versa?

I will have a crack at the Forward analysis, if no one else has beaten me to it.

I am wondering if instead of one person doing both teams forwards, you would be better of doing a Geelong Forward's vs Fremantle Back's analysis and vice versa?

Good idea.

new structure is:
4) Team analysis - broken into three parts (must be done for both teams):
Freo Backs & Cats Forwards- caterina
Mids (Freo & Cats) - Kaney321
Freo Forwards & Cats Backs - go_the_dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back