Resource Finals Related Stuff - No opposition Supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

I gotta be honest - im relishing the fact we are playing WB, unfinished business and would love to send them packing in week 1 :p

the Dogs will be confident but they will play a very different Giants team to the one they played a week ago :)

its a new competition now, this week off is so vital for us to recover and get some quality players back into the squad...

I gotta be honest - im relishing the fact we are playing WB, unfinished business and would love to send them packing in week 1

the Dogs will be confident but they will play a very different Giants team to the one they played a week ago :)

its a new competition now, this week off is so vital for us to recover and get some quality players back into the squad...
This time it's us not the Mutts who benefit from the week off.

Agree. It wouldn’t heal the pain of 3 years ago but I have to agree. I think it’s awesome we play the dogs.

I hope we play a rough and tough version of footy. Personally dont feel teams fear versing us. We tend to corral our opposition or bump but I feel we should come out looking for blood with venom in our tackles. They need to stick otherwise we will be in trouble. Particularly, the boys should make a statement from the outset with some crunching tackles on the Bont for what he did to Haynes. Play legally but with aggression. That will hopefully set the scene and the pressure to encourage our players to physically rattle their other stars like Dunkley, McRae and Hunter. Also need to play accountable footy otherwise the Dogs will dice us up with their run on the outside.

Really like the way Brisbane has been tackling this year and hope we can reach those heights as well.

Last edited:
I hope we play a rough and tough version of footy. Play legally but with aggression.
Not sure about this. Umpires have been hair trigger all year in frees against us, any sign of aggression from us (toby, Mummy) and we'll be against the free kick count within minutes.
But yes an opportunity for Lloyd, whose as tough and fair as you get, to rattle some bones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sigh.......here we go again.

My father in law was at his very first giants game for the Dogs Prelim, and he got spat on in the beer line for supporting a "plastic club".

Nothing changes View attachment 733939View attachment 733940

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The animosity a lot of them have towards us is kind of weird, isn't it?

I know they have a long and unsuccessful history, but that's their fault, not ours.

They just can't seem to get over Callan Ward and Ryan Griffen leaving them and not regretting it.

With the hurt 2016 in our minds and the embarrassment of a fortnight ago there is no excuse for not going in hard and fast.

Brutal defence, in their face.

No excuse at all.
No tomorrow in football tends to make people go a bit harder

When you lose 3 guys every week and it's almost finals, it must go through some of these you kids minds.....bloody hell if I stay fit, I'm playing finals

I keep thinking back to the Sydney final last year. Play like that and we win

It'll be great to see Homebush packed to the rafters again.
I just don't wanna do that long, long train ride back to Central again surrounded by triumphant Dogs.
It will be packed, but the Dogs supporters travel

The prelim was pretty much 50/50 and a great atmosphere

With our crowds this year I fear it's going to be probably worse than 60 / 40 dogs supporters. Almost makes it a home game

I'm curious to see whether that'll hold up. Yeah, they definitely did in 2016 but will they believe in that magic again?

I can’t wait for this game

What an opportunity for some 2016 retribution. We should really win this one- I know they have been a form side over the last month but we just are so much better than them

Here’s to a fast paced and open game

The prelim was pretty much 50/50 and a great atmosphere

With our crowds this year I fear it's going to be probably worse than 60 / 40 dogs supporters. Almost makes it a home game

Forget about 50/50 or being a minority.

With 30,000 members, and at our 25K home ground, there's absolutely no excuse for us not to outnumber the Dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back