Game Day Finals rest/pointless bye week game day thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is but if they remove it they need to do something about clubs like Norf and Freo tanking in that last game. Maybe they need to introduce a rule that only a certain number of new players can be brought into the side between the last round and the first final.

Eh.

How clubs manage themselves is up to them

Went for a run and stopped by oval up the road and had a kick

Tried one from 50 out, a few rolls and still didnt make the distance

Rusty

Rusty
Hope you sold some candy and did a blind turn before having a ping

Plenty to keep the keen footy fan in NSW involved over this bye week. ASADA has returned the Whitfield file back to the AFL Integrity Unit with a requirement to provide more information. The AFL has stated it is getting "legal advice". Fascinating. Meanwhile the Jaffas have revealed that Allan and Lambert were "disciplined" over the Whitfield affair last year but they just didn't tell anyone. Thus the cause of Australian football out west advances in the bye week.

Plenty to keep the keen footy fan in NSW involved over this bye week. ASADA has returned the Whitfield file back to the AFL Integrity Unit with a requirement to provide more information. The AFL has stated it is getting "legal advice". Fascinating. Meanwhile the Jaffas have revealed that Allan and Lambert were "disciplined" over the Whitfield affair last year but they just didn't tell anyone. Thus the cause of Australian football out west advances in the bye week.
I'm warming very much to the Jaffa reference for GWS.

I'm warming very much to the Jaffa reference for GWS.
Yes they are an orange and chocolate coloured confection as in:
"The verb "confect" (meaning "put together from varied material") comes from Latin confectus, the past participle of conficere, meaning "to prepare." "Conficere" joins the prefix con- with the common Latin verb facere, meaning "to make" or "to do." "Factory," "manufacture," and "benefactor" are among the many relations."
The joining of the prefix "con" with the latin "facere" is most appropriate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Heath Shaw and Jonathan Patton this arvo at Eastern Creek servo on the M4.

Not sure if this in any way enhances our experience of this peculiar week.

I'm not sure either. Did they hand you a free packet of eclipse mints? Your answer could make all the difference to me as this stellar week of fan-service could go either way at this point.

I'm not sure either. Did they hand you a free packet of eclipse mints? Your answer could make all the difference to me as this stellar week of fan-service could go either way at this point.

Heath Shaw going for a drive doesnt always end well

Rusty
It comes down to how good the timing is. In grade 6 I kicked a 39m torp into a strong head wind in a primary school fete. I kicked the footy every day back then. I probably couldn't do it now even if I had a tail wind.

It comes down to how good the timing is. In grade 6 I kicked a 39m torp into a strong head wind in a primary school fete. I kicked the footy every day back then. I probably couldn't do it now even if I had a tail wind.

I havent kicked for months

Didnt want to ping a hammy
Not saying I was Buddy, but could kick a goal from 50

1. Got up at 10am having oversleap
2. Did the form for the races (bad idea 101)
3. Went for a 3k run (the highlight which is a bad thing!)
4. Went to the races...less said the better!
5. Came home walking! (yes the day went that well at the races lol)
6. Did half a bottle of scotch between 4 people.

1. Got up at 10am having oversleap
2. Did the form for the races (bad idea 101)
3. Went for a 3k run (the highlight which is a bad thing!)
4. Went to the races...less said the better!
5. Came home walking! (yes the day went that well at the races lol)
6. Did half a bottle of scotch between 4 people.
So you had 1/8 of a bottle of scotch (about 5 serves) over the entire day? And you call yourself a Swans supporter? You must be stone cold broke?

Last edited:
So you had 1/8 of a bottle of scotch (about 3 serves). You must be stone cold broke?

Not really, just trying to cut back my drinking, have had a few health issues this year so drinking a bit more water lately. 2-3 drinks is plenty for me. The others had more, it was Blue Label so was a decent drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back