Discussion Finals Series 2017: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
Match up should all be down to visually pleasing, nothing more.
Good thing the the most visually pleasing match up is Richmond in Yellow jumper and white shorts then ;)

Fingers crossed that its not a problem anyway and WC steal another couple of final wins - GF jumper problem solved!

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Good thing the the most visually pleasing match up is Richmond in Yellow jumper and white shorts then ;)

Fingers crossed that its not a problem anyway and WC steal another couple of final wins - GF jumper problem solved!
*Next five pages* Royal or white shorts for West Coast in the GF?

As I've said before if we actually make it I don't care what we wear

Ok sure, home is preferred but we have an excellent clash that sums up the club and there are always more GFs

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Adelaide in home+white against Richmond in all black would be absolutely fine.
If that's what was worn by these teams during the season (or in the case of Richmond in all black, last time they met, assuming the jumpers/rules haven't changed since).
You can't say teams clash during the season then suddenly say they don't on GF day.
Just like you can't say a team's clash jumper is fine for three seasons then suddenly say it's not and make the home team wear an alternate jumper.

Or, the AFL need to say that Adelaide and Richmond don't clash but during the season the teams request to wear their alternative jumpers in away games for marketing/contractual reasons but because it's a GF home jumpers will be used unless there actually is a clash.

The Crows wore clash away to Richmond last year. Richmond wore clash away to Adelaide this year. Neither jumper has changed enough that the AFL can say the clash has reduced (based on their decision that there is a clash - in this sense it doesn't matter if it is or isn't; it matters that they've said it is) and therefore nothing changes for the GF.

Carlton still clash with Freo on GF day - Freo finish top, Carlton third, Carlton wear white in the GF.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
If that's what was worn by these teams during the season (or in the case of Richmond in all black, last time they met, assuming the jumpers/rules haven't changed since).
You can't say teams clash during the season then suddenly say they don't on GF day.
Just like you can't say a team's clash jumper is fine for three seasons then suddenly say it's not and make the home team wear an alternate jumper.

Or, the AFL need to say that Adelaide and Richmond don't clash but during the season the teams request to wear their alternative jumpers in away games for marketing/contractual reasons but because it's a GF home jumpers will be used unless there actually is a clash.

The Crows wore clash away to Richmond last year. Richmond wore clash away to Adelaide this year. Neither jumper has changed enough that the AFL can say the clash has reduced (based on their decision that there is a clash - in this sense it doesn't matter if it is or isn't; it matters that they've said it is) and therefore nothing changes for the GF.

Carlton still clash with Freo on GF day - Freo finish top, Carlton third, Carlton wear white in the GF.
Yeah, nah it's fine actually

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth

Lol.

They'd find a way to have Carlton in their home Guernsey.....

Looks like there's another new X Blades logo

yW6zNXq.jpg

A carlton vs freo grand final???? Im likely to get my ******* hover board first

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Javelin

All Australian
Jun 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Slightly back on topic....

Assuming everyone is expecting the stock standard Geelong - Sydney jumper and shorts match-up? That is Geelong get to wear their blue shorts....
I'm actually expecting Geelong to wear white shorts. Maybe it's because they've done it so much, maybe it's because they look so damn good in it?

DiamondGuy

Le goûter qui »BANG«
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Norwich, St Kilda
I'm actually expecting Geelong to wear white shorts. Maybe it's because they've done it so much, maybe it's because they look so damn good in it?
Won't happen. Think about it. Of the two shorts colours available to Geelong, which of them provides more contrast with an opposition in red and white? Obviously navy.

Javelin

All Australian
Jun 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Won't happen. Think about it. Of the two shorts colours available to Geelong, which of them provides more contrast with an opposition in red and white? Obviously navy.
Yep. Watching the game it is certainly better than white shorts. But that doesn't stop me feeling like they've got something foreign on their legs. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw them in coloured shorts.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Yep. Watching the game it is certainly better than white shorts. But that doesn't stop me feeling like they've got something foreign on their legs. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw them in coloured shorts.
Round 20 in the same match up, not that long ago my dude.

Speck

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I made a $50 bet with 3 people last night that Richmond would be forced into their clash should they play Adelaide in the Grand Final.

Dear god please let it happen.

I made a $50 bet with 3 people last night that Richmond would be forced into their clash should they play Adelaide in the Grand Final.

Dear god please let it happen.
As A Richmond supporter I just wanna make the grand final, wouldn't be fussed if wear the clash as it's a good jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back