Discussion Finals Series 2017: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

NO IN THE VFL
I feel for you, I was saying the Eagles were going to be wearing their gold jumper all week only to get shouted down with others saying they would be in some strange blue winged thing. Proved them wrong today, they were in their gold jumper against Sturt after all! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Either Henley doesn't have a clash jumper, or someone at Athelstone brought the wrong guernseys and it would take too long to go all the way up and back.
Or Andy Maher is running the league over there.

To be fair, this photo is not great. Henley are almost navy and Athelstone are a lighter blue, there was a slight clash being at the game, but nothing like that from the photo above
Was going to say the same thing. Those photos make it so much worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't Richmond's VFL team's clash jumper their home jumper?

nope

firstly we dont have a "home" kit. we have our jumper, and then a clash we wear when we have to. we do not have an away jumper

secondly, for the vfl the main jumper is off limits. they wear:

our clash kit
17Graham1608_620.jpg

and as their clash the cartoon option on the black with yellow sash
WEB-VPFBHRi17MD1003.jpg

nope

firstly we dont have a "home" kit. we have our jumper, and then a clash we wear when we have to. we do not have an away jumper

our clash kit
17Graham1608_620.jpg

WEB-VPFBHRi17MD1003.jpg
Didn't know that about Richmond. I like that the Pies do that too. Keep some exclusivity in earning your stripes. Makes the real guernsey mean so much more

nope

our clash kit
17Graham1608_620.jpg

WEB-VPFBHRi17MD1003.jpg
The white outline on these numbers is so unnecessary.

Pretty sure I'm up to date on all the comments in this thread, apologies if I'm repeating something that's already been said: GWS wore their full white earlier in the year against Richmond, so the AFL can set themselves up for an almighty grand final week headache one way or another if they let the Giants wear their home jumper on Saturday. Should be verrry interesting.

Interesting comments tonight from Gil on AFL360. Gerard asked him the question about who wears a clash jumper in a potential Adelaide-Richmond GF.

The first thing he stated was that there is a clear clash, the two teams have been wearing clash jumpers against each other for a number of years now, and that the GF is arguably the most important game to ensure a clear distinction between the teams given its importance and audience reach. This to me rules out any suggestion that one team would just be in home with white shorts.

The next bit concerned me though. He seemed to dismiss the idea that the higher ranked team deserves to wear their home jumper, saying that "there isn't technically a home team for a Grand Final, its neutral", though he did point to the fact that the higher finishing team is usually given the Friday night prelim as a reward. He went on to say that they needed to find a fair way to decide it, which - and maybe I'm reading too much into this - made me think they'd deliberately give the lower ranked team their prefferred jumper to balance out the shorter break in the interest of "fairness".

He did say though that they have a number of ideas and were "just working through them", and threw out suggestions of a "coin toss or arm wrestle". Gerard laughed off the arm wrestle suggestion, but pushed further on the coin toss to which Gil responded it was "plausible". Interestingly, Gerard hinted that the old coin toss method to choose rooms and shorts was simply "ceremonial", rather than being anything actually binding.

Bottom line though, they seem to be doing everything they can to get Richmond in their home jumper.

Interesting comments tonight from Gil on AFL360. Gerard asked him the question about who wears a clash jumper in a potential Adelaide-Richmond GF.

The first thing he stated was that there is a clear clash, the two teams have been wearing clash jumpers against each other for a number of years now, and that the GF is arguably the most important game to ensure a clear distinction between the teams given its importance and audience reach. This to me rules out any suggestion that one team would just be in home with white shorts.

The next bit concerned me though. He seemed to dismiss the idea that the higher ranked team deserves to wear their home jumper, saying that "there isn't technically a home team for a Grand Final, its neutral", though he did point to the fact that the higher finishing team is usually given the Friday night prelim as a reward. He went on to say that they needed to find a fair way to decide it, which - and maybe I'm reading too much into this - made me think they'd deliberately give the lower ranked team their prefferred jumper to balance out the shorter break in the interest of "fairness".

He did say though that they have a number of ideas and were "just working through them", and threw out suggestions of a "coin toss or arm wrestle". Gerard laughed off the arm wrestle suggestion, but pushed further on the coin toss to which Gil responded it was "plausible". Interestingly, Gerard hinted that the old coin toss method to choose rooms and shorts was simply "ceremonial", rather than being anything actually binding.

Bottom line though, they seem to be doing everything they can to get Richmond in their home jumper.
Whats the fine for wearing the wrong jumper on GF day?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back