Discussion Finals Series 2017: Photos and Discussion

Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
Geez people around here will complain about anything. He just defaults to home jumpers, theres nothing necessarily wrong with that. Its really no different to Fox Footy using jumper designs in their little flag icons and always using the home jumper. Its not supposed to be a portrait of someone from the actual game, its just a mascot!
I know what you are talking about...but I really wish the Fox scorebug had proper designs of the game!!

Timewaster

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Geez people around here will complain about anything. He just defaults to home jumpers, theres nothing necessarily wrong with that. Its really no different to Fox Footy using jumper designs in their little flag icons and always using the home jumper. Its not supposed to be a portrait of someone from the actual game, its just a mascot!
I don't see any complaints, just people noting that the jumpers are different. Seems okay for a jumper discussion board...

Surprised Kane Johnson doesn't rate a mention.
The joke is that you have to pick the shittest players m8, not a dual premiership player at one club and a captain and B&F winner at the other.

Angus Graham has to be the "winner" doesn't he? Maybe tied with Tambling. I actually quite liked Torney as a player.
Problem with Graham was that he never actually ended up playing, so I'm not sure if he really counts! Torney was certainly was not the worst player, I just liked the alliteration.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
5_TR290917MW0487.jpg

Richmond given GF matchday balls to train with. Interesting.

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
The joke is that you have to pick the shittest players m8, not a dual premiership player at one club and a captain and B&F winner at the other.
Ah, see there's my problem. I wasn't in on the joke. Thought it was just any player that playee for both clubs.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Both teams would have been given some to wear in perhaps?

This must be the case. The AFL aren't going to give them Grand Final-branded balls just for the sake of it. Maybe the Tigers asked?

I recall Akermanis suggesting this a decade or so ago for all games - where players would 'wear the footballs in' during the pre-game warmups.

It's a great idea when you consider how rigid, pointy and void of traction brand-new Sherrins are.

Back