Discussion Finals Series 2017: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on 'em - makes sense to make it.

Most clubs would probably be hankering to win a premiership in a clash guernsey now - lets them double dip on the premiers retail guernsey.

How many of you Tigers fans are going to get both versions now?

Good on 'em - makes sense to make it.

Most clubs would probably be hankering to win a premiership in a clash guernsey now - lets them double dip on the premiers retail guernsey.

How many of you Tigers fans are going to get both versions now?

Heard a run of 4000 clash strip were sold almost immediately. Clash has been a massive money earner for rfc

Even so, i hope they dont increase its use just for this reason, use should be at a bare minimum

i hope they dont increase its use just for this reason, use should be at a bare minimum
I hope they do increase it. Just to the level of being used correctly - that is, used away against all teams who wear predominantly black, brown or navy kits. Hopefully now that it's got a premiership they'll want to use it a bit more and get to that level.

I hope they do increase it. Just to the level of being used correctly - that is, used away against all teams who wear predominantly black, brown or navy kits. Hopefully now that it's got a premiership they'll want to use it a bit more and get to that level.

The only one we dont is carlton, and neither club wants clashes against the other.

If the clubs dont want it, dont force it

Out of interest, how big was the international audience we needed to wear it for on gf day according to gilligan?

The only one we dont is carlton, and neither club wants clashes against the other.

If the clubs dont want it, dont force it

Out of interest, how big was the international audience we needed to wear it for on gf day according to gilligan?
The clubs shouldn't get a say. The rules should be set by the governing body (as part of doing the "governing" part) and should apply equally.

As for what Gil said, people overseas (however many of them watched) benefit just as much as us here from a nice clean contrast, regardless of what the clubs want.

The clubs shouldn't get a say. The rules should be set by the governing body (as part of doing the "governing" part) and should apply equally.

As for what Gil said, people overseas (however many of them watched) benefit just as much as us here from a nice clean contrast, regardless of what the clubs want.

We shouldn't be changing any elements of our game for imaginary future os audiences. That pipe dream is pure delusion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't say we should be.

Gil did, it was the reason he gave for us wearing it

(For the record, id have no issue with him saying its what they wear always against the Crows, full stop. To say its for the massive international audience to better appreciate our game is just crap)

Heard a run of 4000 clash strip were sold almost immediately. Clash has been a massive money earner for rfc

Even so, i hope they dont increase its use just for this reason, use should be at a bare minimum
They should use it whenever appropriate.

They should use it whenever appropriate.

and for us that is whenever the afl force us to

not every club wants a home and an away jumper that differ

That's fine, it's just that the forcing should be applied equally. That's all we want. Not every away game. Just as many as it would be used in if it was, say, Port's guernsey.

That's fine, it's just that the forcing should be applied equally. That's all we want. Not every away game. Just as many as it would be used in if it was, say, Port's guernsey.

that approach is wrong

if jumper "a" doesnt create a clash with one jumper, why should it be used in 6 games just because jumper "b" doesnt create a clash in 6?

I want consistency, and transparency from the afl, but just because WCE (for instance) have a home, and away, and a clash, dont force it on clubs who dont want it.

rfc (amongst others) want to use their clash only when required - the bare minimum mandated by the afl. why this is a problem?

that approach is wrong

if jumper "a" doesnt create a clash with one jumper, why should it be used in 6 games just because jumper "b" doesnt create a clash in 6?

I want consistency, and transparency from the afl, but just because WCE (for instance) have a home, and away, and a clash, dont force it on clubs who dont want it.

rfc (amongst others) want to use their clash only when required - the bare minimum mandated by the afl. why this is a problem?
It's not a problem. It's just that the bare minimum in my book is MORE than it currently gets used.
I am certain if PA wore a black jumper with a yellow sash they wouldn't be allowed to wear it against Collingwood, Carlton or Melbourne.
Richmond should be in yellow against ALL teams with navy, black, or brown -based or -dominated home kits. Thus Adel, Carl, Coll, Ess, Fre, Mel, PA, StK, WCE. Not because WCE has eleven different guernseys but because that is the too-often-unenforced rule. There's your consistency.

It's not a problem. It's just that the bare minimum in my book is MORE than it currently gets used.
I am certain if PA wore a black jumper with a yellow sash they wouldn't be allowed to wear it against Collingwood, Carlton or Melbourne.
Richmond should be in yellow against ALL teams with navy, black, or brown -based or -dominated home kits. Thus Adel, Carl, Coll, Ess, Fre, Mel, PA, StK, WCE. Not because WCE has eleven different guernseys but because that is the too-often-unenforced rule. There's your consistency.

lol, Melbourne?!? FFS that is ridiculous. noone ever had an issue telling those two apart. This move to red vs blue does my head in

Neither of us said home and away. It's still a clash jumper and it should only come out when a clash presents itself. At the moment Richmond wears it 80% of the time it's applicable, it's just the extra 20 odd percent of the time that we'd like. Mostly against the rival big Melbourne clubs in Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton. Throw Melbourne in there too at a stretch.

This also isn't a Richmond specific issue, the big 4 should all be forced in their clash v each other. Black on black & black on navy that's technically black doesn't work.

Neither of us said home and away. It's still a clash jumper and it should only come out when a clash presents itself. At the moment Richmond wears it 80% of the time it's applicable, it's just the extra 20 odd percent of the time that we'd like. Mostly against the rival big Melbourne clubs in Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton. Throw Melbourne in there too at a stretch.

This also isn't a Richmond specific issue, the big 4 should all be forced in their clash v each other. Black on black & black on navy that's technically black doesn't work.

um we have been wearing it against essendon for years now....

pies i 100% disagree with, their white stripes provides more than enough contrast.

even the blues - one is all dark, one isnt. put us always in white shorts against them to underline it if that helps.

that said, I do 100% agree its a joke the afl doesnt consider that a clash, but they do lavender vs mission brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back