Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
It was never really the proper font.
That particular font has never been used on any of the AFL Premiership Season logos.

I did some digging on this and you're actually spot on. I'm not sure why I never really noticed before, but the font for the jumper patch is actually just Arial. No idea why they wouldn't just used the same font.

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
8A40715E-F857-407C-B26F-5B3EC56A10D0.jpeg

Beautiful old pinstripes on the old woollen button up jumpers.

Going early but Shazza_ thinks a deeper yellow and new collar are on the radar for 2019.
I think Shazza is correct there. The A&M jumper had a deeper yellow and the current RFC collar was the Dortmund collar. Dortmund have since moved on so don’t be shocked if Richmond do as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
I can't remember ever seeing CGU on the back and us in white shorts? It looked sorta weird.

Ripping game though, shame about the result!

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Ah okay. Why is that part under it red though?

The understanding I gained off west coasts Instagram is that the AFL lettering and blue outline around the letters/inside of the circle element is raised above the red base underneath

When you peel away the top blue layer, it leaves the outline around the letters behind and reveals the red material underneath.

Video on west coasts Instagram shows it pretty well

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Time for the best season, new footy jumpers season

While I was driving home from a BBQ, I was thinking how sad it is that the footy season is over, but took solace knowing that as a jumper nerd this is the most wonderful time of the year. Get excited!

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
The understanding I gained off west coasts Instagram is that the AFL lettering and blue outline around the letters/inside of the circle element is raised above the red base underneath

When you peel away the top blue layer, it leaves the outline around the letters behind and reveals the red material underneath.

Video on west coasts Instagram shows it pretty well

Yeah so the lettering, the outer circle and the grand final bit underneath are all on the same “level” and like a felt type material. Then the red inside the AFL logo is like a velvet sort of stitched material, little hard to explain, but that sits at a level underneath the lettering. I love the GF patches and hope they don’t change it anytime soon.

I love the GF patches and hope they don’t change it anytime soon.
It is a very fine logo and does the job fine... but I really enjoyed when it changed each year.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Yeah so the lettering, the outer circle and the grand final bit underneath are all on the same “level” and like a felt type material. Then the red inside the AFL logo is like a velvet sort of stitched material, little hard to explain, but that sits at a level underneath the lettering. I love the GF patches and hope they don’t change it anytime soon.

You don’t really gain an appreciation of the level of detail that goes into them until you see them up close. I’d love to see one in person.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back