Red Crow

Modrarator
Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
So...if GWS get in I would say their logo goes on the red 50m arc. If it's Collingwood, who gets red and who gets blue?
Giants red, Tigers blue IMO.

Had it been Collingwood, I think they would have got red too, so that Tigers are at Punt Rd end and Pies at Ponsford stand end.

Wonder if they’ll omit the wording again this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red Crow

Modrarator
Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
As for the kits, I think we’ll see Giants in home with white shorts, and I think it should be fine. All white would be much cleaner, but the home is still a fairly “light” strip with white shorts. It certainly wasn’t a problem tonight.

Red Crow

Modrarator
Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Difference to tonight is richmond has yellow and that’s close to orange
And Collingwood has white which is close to.... white.

I dunno, obviously the all white would be more distinct, but I don’t think its required. I’m only going off my memory of the 17 prelim though, which I feel was fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

harrythetiger

Jack Graham That Is
Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Richmond home/black. GWS home/white. Hopefully it’s a sunny day, will look glorious.

Richmond blue/punt road 50, GWS red/ponsford 50.

We really needed a Geelong-Collingwood GF to make things a bit more interesting.

Red Crow

Modrarator
Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Anyone else reckon GWS’ clash guernsey design is better than their home? I reckon the big G by itself stands out and looks better than the current mess with a yoke, G to the side, random charcoal and s**tty side panels. It won’t happen but I’d prefer GWS in the clash for the GF.
Couldn't disagree more tbh. I mean, the home is nothing special, but its grown on me over the years and feels like a modern twist on a classic design (think Fitzroy). The clash is literally just an off-centre logo with a drop shadow. Sure, its clean and provides great contrast, but to me its lazy and uninspiring.

lionbear

Geelong Member from 2016
Feb 25, 2007
Reg Hickey Stand Level 2
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cleveland Indians, Melbourne Storm
Confirmation the AFL are maintaining the naming convention they put in place in 2016. Giants won PF1, but are the away team for the GF.

View attachment 750562
Richmond are the higher ranked team going into week 3.

Had Geelong and Collingwood won Collingwood would be the home team as they overtook Geelong with week 1 results

Top Bottom