Discussion Finals Series 2019 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The Geelong home strip clashes with itself, pretty unfair to ask Collingwood to work around that.
You can't tell the difference between what? The blue stripes and the white stripes?
If Geelong is going to wear the full home kit Collingwood need to wear something not black or navy or similar. Red would work.

You can't tell the difference between what? The blue stripes and the white stripes?
If Geelong is going to wear the full home kit Collingwood need to wear something not black or navy or similar. Red would work.

The Geelong guernsey is majority white, going by the back where the number is. It is a white guernsey with blue stripes. The blue shorts clash with the white top.

The Geelong guernsey is majority white, going by the back where the number is. It is a white guernsey with blue stripes. The blue shorts clash with the white top.
In the same way that Carlton's navy jumpers clash with Freo's white ones?

Cats back to all white this weekend? Seems about right. AFL making it up as they go along.
Wouldn’t read into that, just generic pics. Every photo they use features each club in full home - except Geelong which I guess is because at the start of the year, Geelong wore white shorts at almost all times.

No, not in the same way at all. How would two opposing team's kits be the same as one team's kit?
How can a kit clash with itself?
Seriously, Geelong's full home is predominantly white AND navy. Just don't wear whiteish or navyish colours.

How can a kit clash with itself?
Seriously, Geelong's full home is predominantly white AND navy. Just don't wear whiteish or navyish colours.

I mean, I've already explained how it clashes with itself. Perhaps read it as "causes clash issues".

The problem was exacerbated by putting Collingwood in white shorts, at the very least should have had them in black shorts, but Geelong in white shorts as well would have fully negated the shitshow we got.

I mean, I've already explained how it clashes with itself. Perhaps read it as "causes clash issues".

The problem was exacerbated by putting Collingwood in white shorts, at the very least should have had them in black shorts, but Geelong in white shorts as well would have fully negated the s**tshow we got.
But there are a number of colours in the rainbow that aren't close to white or navy. Red. Gold. Pink...
It's like how the WCE tri-panel used to "cause clash issues" purely because there were two colours to not clash with instead of one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if Carlton's navy and West Coast's royal jumpers don't clash, why can't Geelong's navy shorts be worn in the same game as West Coast's royal shorts?
Carlton V West Coast = Solid block of colour V Solid block of colour. While both being blue based teams, works as one is clearly a dark team and the other is light. Both teams could really wear their full preferred kit if they wanted as there is stark contrast.

Geelong V West Coast = 50/50 spread V solid block of colour. Not as clear immediate contrast*, so Geelong is assigned to their base colour. Which is white.

*All subjective of course. I feel the amount of jargon around designating team strips is the issue.

and what if it was a grand final? Collingwood should be forced to wear some red abomination?

We already have a solution that works perfectly! switch the shorts!!

and what if it was a grand final? Collingwood should be forced to wear some red abomination?

We already have a solution that works perfectly! switch the shorts!!
Agree. But if Geelong are getting to wear blue shorts then it follows that the opposition has to wear something that contrasts with the blue shorts as well as the guernsey.

Part of me wants Collingwood to tell Geelong that for games between the two that Collingwood will wear white shirt and black shorts, forcing Geelong to wear green.
Geelong would only have to design a navy jumper with less white on it to avoid such a clash. Which is coincidently all Collingwood would have to do to avoid this clash (full grey/black with no stripes). I mean obviously something ridiculous would work better but it isn't necessary

Geelong would only have to design a navy jumper with less white on it to avoid such a clash. Which is coincidently all Collingwood would have to do to avoid this clash (full grey/black with no stripes). I mean obviously something ridiculous would work better but it isn't necessary
Or just swap the shorts and not have anybody change their jumper and both team's primary jumpers can be respected.

As a sort of weird compromise, it would be worth allowing Geelong to wear their navy shorts in away games whenever they do not play a team with black or navy shorts, on the condition that they must wear white shorts in certain home games (pretty much against those sides with black or navy shorts).

So in other words Geelong would get to wear their navy shorts away to West Coast, Bulldogs, Brisbane, Hawthorn, North (?), GC and Sydney (all those sides would also wear home shorts).

The result of this would be that no side ever wears white shorts against the Cats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back