Discussion Finals Series 2019 - Photos and Discussion

Commando

Club Legend
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man Utd, AC Milan, Wolfsburg,
Wouldn’t read into that, just generic pics. Every photo they use features each club in full home - except Geelong which I guess is because at the start of the year, Geelong wore white shorts at almost all times.

Incorrect
This is the first time in a long time Geelong has actually worn home shorts for home games
Looks so much better too

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Incorrect
This is the first time in a long time Geelong has actually worn home shorts for home games
Looks so much better too
Not really, they’ve been doing it all year. Before this year they obviously didn’t, and since the photos were taken between last year and this year, it would have been assumed that was the case again.

Perfect compromise

All Geelong home games at KP including finals. Geelong should have the same rights every other team in world sport gets by playing their home games in their home venue.
Geelong's regular home kit are worn with white shorts. Geelong have won all three flags in the past 55 years in white shorts, so for anyone under 55 it is their premiership kit.

Sadly too much common sense is involved for that to happen.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Based on current uniforms, this is how I'd go with Geelong in both home and away games. Evens out to wearing blue shorts pretty much just as often as white, regardless of where the games are being played.

*Brisbane would probably prefer to wear their red jumper with white shorts away to the Cats. Not ideal but I could probably deal with it as a one off if I had to.

Cats Uniform Matrix.png

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Based on current uniforms, this is how I'd go with Geelong in both home and away games. Evens out to wearing blue shorts pretty much just as often as white, regardless of where the games are being played.

*Brisbane would probably prefer to wear their red jumper with white shorts away to the Cats. Not ideal but I could probably deal with it as a one off if I had to.

View attachment 744241
This pleases me

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

View attachment 744241
I don’t follow the other teams as much as my own(obviously) but cats way better in white shorts v dogs or it becomes a mess. More so than say WCE who are also mostly royal blue, but we have a white hoop and no yellow to offset the clash like WCE.

Like Sydney and Gold Coast, we use navy shorts all the time and the away team use their coloured shorts all the time, then we go full white against Collingwood and North.

Problem solved.

thequarry

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not specifically jumper related by the MCC is running with this logo for West Coast:

Some very rudimentary technological skills lead me to the outline being this colour:

Does anyone know what's up with this?

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Looks like another Friday night of trying to look hard at who's playing for who but not as bad as last week
The white shorts rule bugs me more than ever given the inconsistencies it creates. Geelong mainly white, so put oppo in white shorts??!!

This matchup is acceptable from a clash POV I must admite, but it's not the ideal matchup, it's not even the second best matchup (both in home shorts would be better IMO), but there is certainly sufficient contrast.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Geelong apparently requested this week's final be played at Kardinia Park. Given last week's alleged tantrum, are we going to see them in Navy shorts again?
Lol that they even asked - they and we know the scenarios that would lead to this happening again (4 Vic finals week 1; Geelong playing a "smaller" team; the AFL being in a good mood) and this doesn't meet any of them.
While Geelong are happy or forced to play some home games at the MCG they will have no leg to stand on outside the above criteria.

Back