B9CB3CCD-F8D1-49EC-802C-A36F12511628.jpeg

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
GWS in full home, Magpies in home with white shorts??
This. The AFL until a year or two ago were really consistent in good judgement of optimal contrast.

Considering the Pies have far more white on their guernsey, they should be in white shorts w/GWS in full home.

See past matches such as the 2010 QF & 2011 Prelim. Worked tremendously although Coll were listed as the home team. Interesting, though, that West Coast wore white shorts in 2011 vs Coll in the QF, yet were in full royal against the Cats a fortnight later.

It should be easy enough. The team with more white on their guernsey wears white shorts in finals. If there’s a clash of home guernseys, e.g. Coll/Port, the lower ranked team wears white (see the 2013 EF).

When contrast is already maximised with both teams in full home (Sydney/Gold Coast vs everyone? Heck, there probably could be plenty of other examples where white shorts are unnecessary), then there isn’t a need.

The last three matches of the season absolutely will require the presence of white shorts, however.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
I'd probably prefer Collingwood in white shorts with GWS in full home, but I think Giants in white shorts will still be fine. The orange really pops on GWS and contrasts well against the black and white Pies. Giants in clash would be worse than home/white IMO.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
I'd probably prefer Collingwood in white shorts with GWS in full home, but I think Giants in white shorts will still be fine. The orange really pops on GWS and contrasts well against the black and white Pies. Giants in clash would be worse than home/white IMO.
It’d be fine, but unnecessary to introduce more white to the matchup. Our preferred choice would be 10x cleaner, visually.

Will Collingwood wear their clash jumper in the GF if they meet Richmond?
You’d think so, Collingwood are the best of the big vic clubs when it comes to wearing their clash jumper when required.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Giants full home
Pies white/white

Is the best fit

For someone so dead against Geelong wearing white shorts (but still home jumper) in a home game, you're mighty quick to suggest Collingwood wear their clash jumper in a home game.

Commando

Club Legend
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man Utd, AC Milan, Wolfsburg,
For someone so dead against Geelong wearing white shorts (but still home jumper) in a home game, you're mighty quick to suggest Collingwood wear their clash jumper in a home game.

Haha because it’s exactly what Collingwood expect! 😆😆

Commando

Club Legend
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man Utd, AC Milan, Wolfsburg,
Its absolutely not what Collingwood expect. Nobody was suggesting Geelong wear their clash jumper in a home game.

Clash kit
Same thing

Collingwood need an appropriate third nuetral kit

All clubs should
Been saying this for years

Home team Home kit
Away dress accordingly

This should be so simple but we are so backwards

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Clash kit
Same thing

Collingwood need an appropriate third nuetral kit

All clubs should
Been saying this for years

Home team Home kit
Away dress accordingly

This should be so simple but we are so backwards

Yet you have just said Collingwood should wear their clash kit in a home final. Why shouldn't GWS come up with an all orange third kit in your eyes?

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Collingwood White isn’t a clash strip
Its black & white like they always tell us
One is black with white stripes and is more black than white.
One is white with black stripes and is more white than black.
There's a reason they wear the latter against Port.
👓 they might help you.

The Bulldogs' clash jumper is the same colours as their home too but I really hope you can tell the difference.

I still don't understand how you think Collingwood would expect to be wearing clash in a home final vs GWS.

Back