Discussion Finals Series 2019 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So...if GWS get in I would say their logo goes on the red 50m arc. If it's Collingwood, who gets red and who gets blue?

Giants red, Tigers blue IMO.

Had it been Collingwood, I think they would have got red too, so that Tigers are at Punt Rd end and Pies at Ponsford stand end.

Wonder if they’ll omit the wording again this year?

Difference to tonight is richmond has yellow and that’s close to orange

And Collingwood has white which is close to.... white.

I dunno, obviously the all white would be more distinct, but I don’t think its required. I’m only going off my memory of the 17 prelim though, which I feel was fine.

I hope GWS wear their clash. IMO they currently have the worst home jumper in the league would hate to see it get immortalised would rather their clash

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else reckon GWS’ clash guernsey design is better than their home? I reckon the big G by itself stands out and looks better than the current mess with a yoke, G to the side, random charcoal and s**tty side panels. It won’t happen but I’d prefer GWS in the clash for the GF.

Couldn't disagree more tbh. I mean, the home is nothing special, but its grown on me over the years and feels like a modern twist on a classic design (think Fitzroy). The clash is literally just an off-centre logo with a drop shadow. Sure, its clean and provides great contrast, but to me its lazy and uninspiring.

Confirmation the AFL are maintaining the naming convention they put in place in 2016. Giants won PF1, but are the away team for the GF.

View attachment 750562

Richmond are the higher ranked team going into week 3.

Had Geelong and Collingwood won Collingwood would be the home team as they overtook Geelong with week 1 results

Had Geelong and Collingwood won Collingwood would be the home team as they overtook Geelong with week 1 results
Do we have confirmation on that? If 4th beats 1st do they become higher for a GF? I want it but I think they'd still say 1st finished 1st.

Nope, this is not the case. Everybody seems to just assume it is, but Patrick Keane explicitly stated last year it is based on rankings after round 23. Pies and Cats in the GF would have been named as Geelong v Collingwood. If anyone has the 2019 season guide book, look it up. I saw someone tweet yesterday that it confirms the policy in there (I don't have the book and I can't find the tweet again). I've done a lot of investigation on this recently.

SANFL do Grand Final day right.

- Club logos on the wing either side of the league logo
- 50m arcs in club colours
- Port in white shorts despite being 'home' team to create maximum contrast

My only criticism is that Glenelg has their logo/arc to the hill end (left of screen). Would prefer them switched to match the home/away listings of the clubs.

SANFL do Grand Final day right.

- Club logos on the wing either side of the league logo
- 50m arcs in club colours
- Port in white shorts despite being 'home' team to create maximum contrast

My only criticism is that Glenelg has their logo/arc to the hill end (left of screen). Would prefer them switched to match the home/away listings of the clubs.
Would also make sense coz Port Adelaide is north of Glenelg geographically.
Imagine a South vs North GF where the red and white is on the southern end!

They also need to paint the Statewide Super logo on the eastern wing in a way that it's legible from the main camera.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back