AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Qualifying and Elimination Finals

Friday, August 27

QF2 - Port Adelaide v Geelong (AO) (N)

Saturday, August 28
EF2 - Sydney v Greater Western Sydney (UTAS)
QF1 - Melbourne v Brisbane Lions (AO) (N)

Sunday, August 29
EF1 - Western Bulldogs v Essendon (UTAS)

Semi Finals

Friday, Setember 3

SF2 - Geelong v Greater Western Sydney (OS) (N)

Saturday, September 4
SF1 - Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs (G) (N)

Preliminary Finals

Friday, September 10

PF1 - Melbourne v Geelong (OS) (N)

Saturday, September 11
PF2 - Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs (AO) (N)

GRAND FINAL

Saturday, September 25

Melbourne v Western Bulldogs (OS) (T)

Last edited:
Would be quite ironic though, winning another premiership in a guernsey that isn’t our current main guernsey.

Even more reason to continue to push for the bars. 😜

For 2022 onwards:

Bars home.
Silver 2021 premiership Guernsey clash.
😍

😜

The thread from acm21 a couple of weeks ago basically fits that category so I've renamed it to New Jumpers for 2022. We are on our way!
It's my favourite time of the year

The last time the away team wore their home jumper in a Dees/Port matchup was 2008, but Port wore a teal jumper in their home game. Melbourne wore their clash away to Port the previous year.

So the last time those two sides wore home jumpers against each other was 2006. There is a fair argument to make that this matchup is actually one of the earliest considered clashes.

Based on all that, if its a Melbourne-Port GF, I would expect Port to be in the silver jumper. You can’t spend 15 years considering the matchup a clash and then change your mind for a GF.

Based on all that, if its a Melbourne-Port GF, I would expect Port to be in the silver jumper. You can’t spend 15 years considering the matchup a clash and then change your mind for a GF.

It's the AFL. It's their policy to change their mind on random s**t

I'm no fan of our grey clash jumper, but if we have the opportunity to win a premiership in it that's fine by me. We did have a designated white pre-season chevron jumper, but I don't think we used it at all. I'd prefer to wear that against Melbourne if we make it, but I imagine we'd stick with the grey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For any Port supporters wondering

When we were announced in our clash jumper in 2017 at first I was sad.
I understood the logic and the reasoning but part of me couldn't help but wish we were in the home jumper.

And then we won and honestly we could have run out in pink and lime green swirls and I wouldn't care!

Yes, winning 2019 in our home felt really nice to have done that for photos - but I wouldn't trade 2017 for the world.

Long story short, the AFL grew a spine in 2017 and set the precedent with a big club (it would have been very easy to allow a "big 4" club in their home) and it's fine!

The onus must be on the clubs now to have a clash jumper they are prepared to win a flag in.

And no, you don't want to change for the presentation, the jumper becomes too special during the win.

Yeah. If this can work, surely PB v Demons is would work
View attachment 1228427

It doesn't 'work' though, it's a poor excuse for a contrast because Port Magpies don't have an actual clash jumper.

We are well beyond two dark teams playing each other in a Grand Final (especially with the darker team wearing white shorts).

If it is a Melbourne vs Port GF, Port WILL be in the silver clash jumper and that is absolutely the correct decision.

I'm actually quite a big fan of it for a clash jumper (PTSD from that Robbie Gray goal after the siren aside) - and it's far more interesting than the previous white one and far more professional looking than the old teal-heavy ones. With the black collar/cuffs and the number panel this current iteration of the jumper is easily the best its been and definitely grand-final worthy. And for all the PB fans here it will signal a slow shift away from teal as there is not a lick of teal to be seen on it.

i cold probably look but am lazy - has there been a melb v port matchup in the navy v silver before?
There has but not with the most current black cuffs/white number panel. I think it would be an great match up to be honest. Something very unique.

It doesn't 'work' though, it's a poor excuse for a contrast because Port Magpies don't have an actual clash jumper.

We are well beyond two dark teams playing each other in a Grand Final (especially with the darker team wearing white shorts).
I've been watching SANFL for decades and it works perfectly v Norwood. With white shorts in away games Port contrasts well with all other teams in that comp, many of which have jumpers similar to those of AFL teams. All academic of course: we'll be in the grey if we make the GF (against Melbourne).

Last edited:
When we were announced in our clash jumper in 2017 at first I was sad.
I understood the logic and the reasoning but part of me couldn't help but wish we were in the home jumper.

And then we won and honestly we could have run out in pink and lime green swirls and I wouldn't care!

Can someone show me what Richmond in pink and lime green swirls would've looked like in the 2017 GF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back