AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Qualifying and Elimination Finals

Friday, August 27

QF2 - Port Adelaide v Geelong (AO) (N)

Saturday, August 28
EF2 - Sydney v Greater Western Sydney (UTAS)
QF1 - Melbourne v Brisbane Lions (AO) (N)

Sunday, August 29
EF1 - Western Bulldogs v Essendon (UTAS)

Semi Finals

Friday, Setember 3

SF2 - Geelong v Greater Western Sydney (OS) (N)

Saturday, September 4
SF1 - Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs (G) (N)

Preliminary Finals

Friday, September 10

PF1 - Melbourne v Geelong (OS) (N)

Saturday, September 11
PF2 - Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs (AO) (N)

GRAND FINAL

Saturday, September 25

Melbourne v Western Bulldogs (OS) (T)

Last edited:
I wonder if there will be any changes to the channel 7 graphics for finals - such as a golden clock which they've had for the last few years on the old scorebug. (They didn't for AFLW finals earlier this year, but they've made plenty of tweaks to the graphics since then)

I wonder if there will be any changes to the channel 7 graphics for finals - such as a golden clock which they've had for the last few years on the old scorebug. (They didn't for AFLW finals earlier this year, but they've made plenty of tweaks to the graphics since then)

expect the gold. Was on the graphics last weekend when games and venues were announced
Classy touch, screams NBA

Looking ahead.

Should Port make the Grand Final, they will be the designated "away" team... Unless they play Geelong again, am I right?

Should we play Melbourne, there's a chance we might have to wear our clash kit 😬
Port will be away if against Melbourne, and will wear the silver guernsey, but will be home against anyone else. They do it based on ladder position these days. (that being said the afl are always prone to not following their own rules)

Looking ahead.

Should Port make the Grand Final, they will be the designated "away" team... Unless they play Geelong again, am I right?

Should we play Melbourne, there's a chance we might have to wear our clash kit 😬
The silver is definitely more contrasting, but if I'm being perfectly honest I think home with white shorts would still pass. The large blocks of white with white shorts make it pop. Similar to Collingwood in Queen's birthdays before 2018, it wasn't the greatest contrast but you could still distinguish the teams easily.

Looking ahead.

It's a great rule of thumb for clash jumpers: if it's not good enough to wear in a Grand Final, it's not good enough to wear at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could Port wear the Prison Bars and get off scot free? The AFL surely wouldn't strip them if they won and premiership points mean nothing once you're in a GF?
Massive fines, loss of premiership points next season, poor relations with AFL HQ henceforth resulting in unfavourable treatment....

It won't happen.

Correct - if they make it wear it, or they’ll do what Richmond did when they won and changed to their home kit afterwards if they win
If they just won a premiership in their main jumper, why would they change to a different one. You'd never create history, by ditching a jumper you win a grand final for one from 25 years ago.

It's a great rule of thumb for clash jumpers: if it's not good enough to wear in a Grand Final, it's not good enough to wear at all.
I don't take issue with our clash jumper, but the home with white shorts has enough blocks of white as well.

If they just won a premiership in their main jumper, why would they change to a different one. You'd never create history, by ditching a jumper you win a grand final for one from 25 years ago.

Saints were going to change jumpers against your mob in 2010 if they won.

I don't recall Richmond changing into their home kit in 2017.
We didn't

Neither were Freo if they won in 2013, but the Saints in 2010 planned on it before the medal presentations.

There was a photo of a 2010 home Saints jumper with the GF badge on it floating around

Can definitely see the Giants replacing their home jumper with this next season. Praise for it everywhere online, just need to fill in the G to improve it.

Scorebug looks good in charcoal too.
I agree, and the club knows everyone likes it because they build the hype up for it, before every game they play in it.

Can definitely see the Giants replacing their home jumper with this next season. Praise for it everywhere online, just need to fill in the G to improve it.

Scorebug looks good in charcoal too.
I reckon if they thicken up the G a bit (so it's a but more visible from afar on the broadcast cameras), it'd be up there with one of my favourites ever. so sleek, the orange numbers really pop on the back too.

Yes, this needs to be the Giants home jumper 2022 onwards. Maybe make the G orange, or at least a bolder outline.

The orange clash to stay as the away/clash. Wouldn’t mind if it had orange shorts but I know that won’t happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back