AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Qualifying and Elimination Finals

Friday, August 27

QF2 - Port Adelaide v Geelong (AO) (N)

Saturday, August 28
EF2 - Sydney v Greater Western Sydney (UTAS)
QF1 - Melbourne v Brisbane Lions (AO) (N)

Sunday, August 29
EF1 - Western Bulldogs v Essendon (UTAS)

Semi Finals

Friday, Setember 3

SF2 - Geelong v Greater Western Sydney (OS) (N)

Saturday, September 4
SF1 - Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs (G) (N)

Preliminary Finals

Friday, September 10

PF1 - Melbourne v Geelong (OS) (N)

Saturday, September 11
PF2 - Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs (AO) (N)

GRAND FINAL

Saturday, September 25

Melbourne v Western Bulldogs (OS) (T)

Last edited:
Could they be a chance to wear it next week? Might be an attachment to it now.

If Port want to start next year at a disadvantage financially and with a negative amount of premiership points, they can wear their prison bars in the Grand Final. They got permission for Richmond years ago, they're not going to get permission against a team in navy and red. If the AFL want to set a precedent, silver jumper all day (maybe black shorts for the lolz).
However, white shorts with the home might be fine.

Melbourne v Fitzroy confirmed
Red socks
The football states tradition with the Fitzroy jumper prevails again 🙌

If Port want to start next year at a disadvantage financially and with a negative amount of premiership points, they can wear their prison bars in the Grand Final. They got permission for Richmond years ago, they're not going to get permission against a team in navy and red. If the AFL want to set a precedent, silver jumper all day (maybe black shorts for the lolz).
However, white shorts with the home might be fine.

The football states tradition with the Fitzroy jumper prevails again 🙌
We already get all of those issues just for asking to wear it lol.
That being said though I wouldn’t take it in a Grand Final. I’m all for celebrating our SANFL heritage in the AFL, however I think the Grand Final symbolises a chance to build on our AFL side of our history. I hate when people say “leave it in the past” in regards to the near on 100 years of history in the bars that got us into the AFL in the first place, but this is a different story where our next senior flag won’t be in the SANFL, it’ll be in the AFL wearing one of out kits that is part of the best set in the league imo.
Looking at the hypothetical GF matchup if we were to somehow make it, the options are to wear our gorgeous home jumper vs Geelong/GWS or to wear our clash against Melbourne that has not a drop of teal on it. Both options sound great either way and as long as I see us win a flag I do not mind what we wear at all. Wouldn’t mind seeing the Bars worn somewhere though, maybe not the podium but for the song or something.

This is on the proviso of course that we win the prelim AND the GF. Don’t wanna get ahead of myself, it won’t be an easy task.

You know you're a guernsey nerd when you start barracking for teams purely based on what will result in the most visually appealing GF day match-up.

Predictions:
Melbourne vs Port Adelaide
1630245775849.png vs 1630245837397.png

Melbourne vs Brisbane
1630245775849.png vs 1630245872008.png

Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs
1630245775849.png vs 1630245936424.png

Port Adelaide vs Geelong
1630245982522.png vs 1630245999504.png

Port Adelaide vs GWS
1630245982522.png vs 1630246052315.png

Geelong vs Brisbane
1630245999504.png vs 1630246089998.png

Geelong vs Western Bulldogs
1630245999504.png vs 1630246139280.png

Brisbane vs GWS
1630246089998.png vs 1630246366228.png

Western Bulldogs vs GWS
1630246139280.png vs 1630246451415.png

Here's what I predict would be worn in each of the 9 potential matches (not necessarily what I think would look best). None particularly worry me, although I do think Melbourne vs Brisbane or WB is a little messy. I'm a big fan of Port's silver clash guernsey so I hope they do actually wear it if against Melbourne.

A GF between Brisbane and GWS (as unlikely as that seems) could potentially see the first ever indigenous jumper on GF day as GWS seem to usually wear white against the Lions, although I think they could get away with wearing one of their orange jumpers.

Love the GWS clash, but it's basically the blue-out jumper from a few years ago.

Obviously they can wear what they like, but the calls for making the logo orange after tthey've centred it this year take them deep into Carlton territory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know you're a guernsey nerd when you start barracking for teams purely based on what will result in the most visually appealing GF day match-up.

Predictions:

Here's what I predict would be worn in each of the 9 potential matches (not necessarily what I think would look best). None particularly worry me, although I do think Melbourne vs Brisbane or WB is a little messy. I'm a big fan of Port's silver clash guernsey so I hope they do actually wear it if against Melbourne.

A GF between Brisbane and GWS (as unlikely as that seems) could potentially see the first ever indigenous jumper on GF day as GWS seem to usually wear white against the Lions, although I think they could get away with wearing one of their orange jumpers.
Melbourne better not make it, all horrible matchups unless the dogs wear their white kit

Melbourne better not make it, all horrible matchups unless the dogs wear their white kit
Melbourne to bring back that Silver number

You know the one, when Lhordo took that speccy

Theyre going with it... GWS kit plot thickens

Had a feeling this would happen. The fans love it and the club hype it up every time they wear it. I think it is very likely to be their home kit next year, or something like it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back