AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Qualifying and Elimination Finals

Friday, August 27

QF2 - Port Adelaide v Geelong (AO) (N)

Saturday, August 28
EF2 - Sydney v Greater Western Sydney (UTAS)
QF1 - Melbourne v Brisbane Lions (AO) (N)

Sunday, August 29
EF1 - Western Bulldogs v Essendon (UTAS)

Semi Finals

Friday, Setember 3

SF2 - Geelong v Greater Western Sydney (OS) (N)

Saturday, September 4
SF1 - Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs (G) (N)

Preliminary Finals

Friday, September 10

PF1 - Melbourne v Geelong (OS) (N)

Saturday, September 11
PF2 - Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs (AO) (N)

GRAND FINAL

Saturday, September 25

Melbourne v Western Bulldogs (OS) (T)

Last edited:
Do one of them lifting the cup and you'll see they all look happy still (and actually the jumper doesn't mean much when you get the cup)
Bingo, couldn't believe the outrage that Richmond was going to wear their clash jumper that year. It helps that the design is one of the better clash jumpers in the league but like, the game is what matters.
Without wanting to turn this into prison bars discourse part 300, it's a bit similar to the notion that the whole drama behind it would affect the players which was ridiculous. At the end of the day the game is their whole focus and when a flag is at stake it means a lot more than the jumper. I'd take a pink and green swirl clash jumper if it meant I'd see Port win a flag.
Though back on topic since this is finals series jumper discussion, if we were to wear our clash jumper in a GF I don't see why people would see that as a bad thing, especially opposition fans who don't rate our clash jumper. I think it's a very good jumper personally, as do most Port fans, and definitely better than the white and teal versions of the jumper. It is an interesting one though.

Bingo, couldn't believe the outrage that Richmond was going to wear their clash jumper that year. It helps that the design is one of the better clash jumpers in the league but like, the game is what matters.
Without wanting to turn this into prison bars discourse part 300, it's a bit similar to the notion that the whole drama behind it would affect the players which was ridiculous. At the end of the day the game is their whole focus and when a flag is at stake it means a lot more than the jumper. I'd take a pink and green swirl clash jumper if it meant I'd see Port win a flag.
Though back on topic since this is finals series jumper discussion, if we were to wear our clash jumper in a GF I don't see why people would see that as a bad thing, especially opposition fans who don't rate our clash jumper. I think it's a very good jumper personally, as do most Port fans, and definitely better than the white and teal versions of the jumper. It is an interesting one though.
If you win in the grey kit, it'll become iconic

Which really begs the question, why were St Kilda eager to change jumpers had they won in 2010?
Symptom of the times. Clash jumpers only became "mandatory" (excluding for Sydney) in 2006 or 2007. Three or four years later the football community hadn't fully warmed to them yet and for decent reason too, clubs had yet to find their ideal set. 11 years after 2010 and most clubs have a jumper that they're happy with wearing and clash jumpers are just as much a part of the game as the drop punt.

Symptom of the times. Clash jumpers only became "mandatory" (excluding for Sydney) in 2006 or 2007. Three or four years later the football community hadn't fully warmed to them yet and for decent reason too, clubs had yet to find their ideal set. 11 years after 2010 and most clubs have a jumper that they're happy with wearing and clash jumpers are just as much a part of the game as the drop punt.
Free set the tone in 2013 too opting to wear the full white kit and stay in it if they won

Melbourne-Uniform2021.png Footscray-Uniform2021W.png Footscray-Uniform2021C.png
Melbourne-Uniform2021.png Port-Adelaide-Uniform2021C.png Port-Adelaide-Uniform2021W.png

The potential GF matchups as it stands - all look great, maybe iffy on the Port home which if they make GF they'll obviously request but in 2020 they played Melbourne in the silver so that probably nails the precedent in. The AFL's view would be on the stage of the GF they'll want maximum contrast possible as we've all seen in recent years.

And I don't think I have to go into why WB won't wear their clash for "maximum contrast" if they make the GF #VICBIAS, but to be fair this would be the best matchup with more than sufficient contrast between the whole kits.

Last edited:
Collingwood didnt wear for maximum contrast on 2018, wore their clash v WCE there on after.
Dees home v Port home white shorts should be sweet surely people!

I don't think Port have ever worn their current home with white shorts against Melbourne's full home, so it's hard to base it off what it would look like. You could compare Port's home to Collingwood's due to the large amounts of white it has, and that does pass the eye test but it isn't maximum contrast. I think it'd likely be grey clash.

12MeCo10SG-551.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish Bulldogs were wearing blue shorts tonight. There’s no reason for them to be in white against Port’s number panel

Safe to say Carlton Gold Coast and norf Melbourne are the only 3 teams not to have the current grand final logo patch on their jumper
Essendon? The current patch wasn’t in until 2004.

maximum exposure..
Which sponsor?
A few years ago it was the double Maccas post sponsor, now it's the random new Powerade interchange sponsor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back