AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Qualifying and Elimination Finals

Friday, August 27

QF2 - Port Adelaide v Geelong (AO) (N)

Saturday, August 28
EF2 - Sydney v Greater Western Sydney (UTAS)
QF1 - Melbourne v Brisbane Lions (AO) (N)

Sunday, August 29
EF1 - Western Bulldogs v Essendon (UTAS)

Semi Finals

Friday, Setember 3

SF2 - Geelong v Greater Western Sydney (OS) (N)

Saturday, September 4
SF1 - Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs (G) (N)

Preliminary Finals

Friday, September 10

PF1 - Melbourne v Geelong (OS) (N)

Saturday, September 11
PF2 - Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs (AO) (N)

GRAND FINAL

Saturday, September 25

Melbourne v Western Bulldogs (OS) (T)

Last edited:

Franc de Borges

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 5, 2010
Behind Sunglasses
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Australia
you weren’t sure what I was getting at with my comment? Are you thick? I saw team names in a screengrab on Twitter, posted it here and asked if something like this had been done before in a Grand Final. I didn’t inspect the photo with a magnifying glass to see if there was a logo stencil before posting here. Not sure what else there is to get.

Given the nature of this forum, there’s generally a very high attention to detail. That’s all.

The WB patch not fully covering shits me.
On the field, WB logo before Melbourne (1st in ranking + alphabetically) shits me.
from, ammo graphic designer
I assume it’s because the blue arc is left of screen and red arc is to right?

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
you weren’t sure what I was getting at with my comment? Are you thick? I saw team names in a screengrab on Twitter, posted it here and asked if something like this had been done before in a Grand Final. I didn’t inspect the photo with a magnifying glass to see if there was a logo stencil before posting here. Not sure what else there is to get.
Re-read your comment. It made it sound like you thought it was definitely going ahead, not "IF this was going to happen, is it the first time?".

Anyway, let's move on...

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Southampton FC
Are Knight's posters overkill when compared to Paul Harvey's?
1632353030204.png
1632353044901.png

The 57 years AFL esque logo being on the wrong side really gets to me.

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
646A0B4B-3CBC-4284-842C-D72C4BE638BB.jpeg
854D9FD2-B87B-4C1D-BFAE-CCDA9010F204.jpeg

How good are the Bulldogs training guernsey’s?
Gold Coast or Tasmania would do alright in their colours with this template.

Aug 13, 2012
Waiting for Josh Kelly #2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Re-read your comment. It made it sound like you thought it was definitely going ahead, not "IF this was going to happen, is it the first time?".

Anyway, let's move on...

excuse me? My original comment literally had a question mark, asking if it would be the first time.

Thanks for reminding me why this part of Bigfooty is literally the worst to be a part of.

blackbelair

Senior List
Jun 29, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
I’m not sure what’s up with the square around the dees top, surely that irons out or isn’t left on all tops and for the dogs, just a disgrace and very annoying, however what do you expect for having a s**t kit

Attachments

• 5A79E081-F9DE-4D65-9E5E-1949D2A34A20.jpeg
    5A79E081-F9DE-4D65-9E5E-1949D2A34A20.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 6E929D9D-3B20-4491-AD52-E78B4E53CE06.jpeg
    6E929D9D-3B20-4491-AD52-E78B4E53CE06.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 71
Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I can’t be the only one who’s been thinking all week that this isn’t an acceptable level of contrast for a H&A game let alone a Grand Final. Don’t start me on tradition.

I think it's fine Gibbsy. It's getting close, but still fits into my personal view of 'sufficient contrast'.

parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
I can’t be the only one who’s been thinking all week that this isn’t an acceptable level of contrast for a H&A game let alone a Grand Final. Don’t start me on tradition.
It's fine, they are different shades of blue, and white shorts for the Dogs matches the white stripe in their jumper.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's fine, they are different shades of blue, and white shorts for the Dogs matches the white stripe in their jumper.

Sure. But if it was the other way around, it would be fairly terrible. Dees introducing white to their kit and all the rest of it. And aren’t we past the point of shorts being the differentiators? I’m not trying to be deliberately stubborn, just playing a bit of devil’s advocate.

Sure. But if it was the other way around, it would be fairly terrible. Dees introducing white to their kit and all the rest of it. And aren’t we past the point of shorts being the differentiators? I’m not trying to be deliberately stubborn, just playing a bit of devil’s advocate.
I think it would look better if the Dogs were in blue shorts too
Just have two solid blocks of dark and light blue going at it

Franc de Borges

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 5, 2010
Behind Sunglasses
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Australia

It's borderline. Ideally the Western Bulldogs would be in all white.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades

I would have preferred Bulldogs in all-white for maximum contrast, but I think the white shorts make this satisfactory. Imagine if Melbourne were the away team, would be a nightmare if they were somehow forced into their clash.

Back