Roast Finals ticket fiasco

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that MCC ticket sales were allowed to go ahead yesterday is disgraceful. They suspended General Public and Club Member sales until today, why make MCC reserve seating/visitor tickets an exception?
Absolutely. How did they actually manage to sell out when the site was down?

Standard ticketek- hopeless systems that never work even in ordinary season, let alone for finals.
AFL needs to get hold of ticketek and the G and knock them into shape.

Still had some dodgy moments this afternoon, site initially wouldn't let me in, then for a horrible 3 or 4 minutes every combination of seats I chose bought up the 'allocation exhausted' message.

Went back to homepage and refreshed and it was ok from there. M34 :thumbsu:

Still had some dodgy moments this afternoon, site initially wouldn't let me in, then for a horrible 3 or 4 minutes every combination of seats I chose bought up the 'allocation exhausted' message.

I kinda cheated because I had read of a few people yesterday who got in prior to the official starting time and while you can't actually finalise your purchase you can select the area you wanted.

So I clicked on the link just prior to 1pm (knowing that once in the 15 minute time limit started starts), logged on with my username, put in my barcode and selected M33 area. First click through said "not currently on sale", just after 1pm it said "allocation exhausted blah blah blah", third time pressing the green button it took me to the confirmation page with my selected seat.

So not totally glitch free but it was quicker than I expected

I'm up in Q, on the wing as I like to see the entire ground. I have to ask - how does anyone ever get the N's? They just get snapped up so quickly!

Going to get a bit personal. Success. Row C (my old eyes aren’t great so will always pay more to be close). Taking my English Dad to his first ever final (he’s not mad about sport). Taking my 9 year old to his first final(he is mad about sport). Just hope we can win.

The fact that MCC ticket sales were allowed to go ahead yesterday is disgraceful. They suspended General Public and Club Member sales until today, why make MCC reserve seating/visitor tickets an exception?
So they can fill mcg with demons fans like they filled it with Richmond fans the year before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2nd highest game featuring GWS in Melbourne. I wouldn't read too much into it. MCC was chockers.

I would have thought being the last H&A game and the Dees guaranteed to make finals their supporters would have come out in droves.

I don't think we'll be outnumbered by any means next Fri.

Queued forever for MCC tickets, then when I got through the website had tech problems and the visitor ticket option was completely unavailable despite there being seats remaining. Had to go back to the queue as website kept screwing up and when I got back through again I get a message saying the MCC reserved seating allocation has been filled.

FFS.

Same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hope all of the AFL members have got their tickets this morning. Got myself some good seats for both MCG games this week.

I hope all of the AFL members have got their tickets this morning. Got myself some good seats for both MCG games this week.

Got mine after waiting ages in the bloody queue. Am up top as I’m bringing my partner along on a guest pass, but I think it will still be fine as we’re on the wing and aren’t up the back of the bay

I'm an AFL member and they are saying allocation exhausted all bar back section of top tier. Anyone have any idea if this is BS or legit? What would be expected crowd for this game 70k maybe? I can't see AFL being full....

I'm an AFL member and they are saying allocation exhausted all bar back section of top tier. Anyone have any idea if this is BS or legit? What would be expected crowd for this game 70k maybe? I can't see AFL being full....
Most AFL finals sell out due to the number of neutrals who come (Like I'm going to Hawthorn/Richmond the night before). When tickets first go on sale, there are often people who time out once assigned a ticket due to website overload whose tickets get released back into the pool after ~10 minutes, but by now if they're saying that only the back of Level 4 is avaliable I'd say that's right.

If you're buying any guest passes, Level 4 is the only avaliable area anyhow due to guest pass restrictions

Melbourne off a 12 year finals drought is the worst outcome for a Geelong MCC member.

I usually get reserve seats at the front of the top level as I prefer the elevated view. Reserve seats will go 20-30 rows back though so the top level will be no good beyond that.

Since I won't have any visitors I guess I will have a crack at those seats in front of the Frank Grey Smith bar. Guessing their will be 20,000 people with the same idea though. Where do people that queue up early rush to go?

A lot of neutrals will go so I reckon that’s right. I was lucky enough to get P21

Remove this Banner Ad

Back