Resource Finals Ticketing Details

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

G’day Pies

Just a reminder I have 3 Preliminary and 5 GF tickets still for sale if anyone is interested
Please PM for details

Slight shift in focus to the Grand Final Ballot. My family has 3 memberships (all priority 3) and we'd like to maximise the possibility of getting at least 1 ticket or maybe 2 tickets if possible, and 3 would be amazing. Is it better to register as a group or individually?

The AFL say: Members wishing to attend together must register their group in one transaction using one credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Diners). There is a maximum of eight (8) tickets per transaction and members should be aware that registrations with more than one ticket are ‘one in all in’ or ‘one out all out’; group registrations will not be split.

I don't really understand the "one in all in" aspect.

Cheers
Being honest the chance of getting any tickets from category 3 is pretty low, especially if we ended up drawing Geelong.

But to maximise your chance of getting one you would have to register them individually. “The one in all in” line is saying if you register 3 together, you will only get 3 tickets or none. You can’t register 3 together and only get allocated a single ticket or two tickets

All at the same price you paid for them of course🤔
Absolutely
Bloody Dockers shat the bed and we were really looking forward to coming over to Melbourne and at least watching a Preliminary and then going to a GF

I’ve never been to the MCG so was very excited

Now we don’t have any skin in the game the travel costs and accommodation just aren’t worth it

Just happy to get our money back and cross our fingers for next year

People don’t book your train tickets with Rail Ninja.

They’re fakes.
Damn wish I saw this lol

So update on my interstate trip. I bought a train ticket from Rail Ninja and at around 6pm it said there was some issue with the train and offered me a Wednesday train, but there's no way I can convince work to give me Wednesday off.

So found a bus that does Thursday overnight for half the price so it actually worked out better, as I don't have to ask work for a day off on Thursday, and get to do an overnight.

Now I just hope the refund on rail ninja is going to happen and this bus is actually legit.....

Damn wish I saw this lol

So update on my interstate trip. I bought a train ticket from Rail Ninja and at around 6pm it said there was some issue with the train and offered me a Wednesday train, but there's no way I can convince work to give me Wednesday off.

So found a bus that does Thursday overnight for half the price so it actually worked out better, as I don't have to ask work for a day off on Thursday, and get to do an overnight.

Now I just hope the refund on rail ninja is going to happen and this bus is actually legit.....

Ya, I wouldn’t hold my breath. They’re proper scammy. I spoke to TransportNsw and apparently it happens to a lot of people.

Want an omen?

My wife and I booked Sydney flights a month or two back to see our daughter at her uni college parent’s weekend. Official functions finish 5pm Sat and the three of us are having dinner after. Could only get 9pm at the restaurant we want.

5-9pm gap…🤔

Then today, a mate finds a ticket for me. I’m feeling good about this. (Though I’ll be on my own so hopefully some of you lot will be nearby and in good spirits!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Want an omen?

My wife and I booked Sydney flights a month or two back to see our daughter at her uni college parent’s weekend. Official functions finish 5pm Sat and the three of us are having dinner after. Could only get 9pm at the restaurant we want.

5-9pm gap…🤔

Then today, a mate finds a ticket for me. I’m feeling good about this. (Though I’ll be on my own so hopefully some of you lot will be nearby and in good spirits!)
That’s great news.
I’m sure you’ll find other supporters nearby or at least within shouting distance.

I’m a Gold AFL member with Collingwood club support. If the Pies win, I get first preference at tickets in the AFL Members reserve.
Be aware you can choose to go into the Collingwood member's ballot, but you then give up the option of getting a ticket in the AFL reserve.

Being honest the chance of getting any tickets from category 3 is pretty low, especially if we ended up drawing Geelong.

But to maximise your chance of getting one you would have to register them individually. “The one in all in” line is saying if you register 3 together, you will only get 3 tickets or none. You can’t register 3 together and only get allocated a single ticket or two tickets
Yeah, I sense it won’t like 2018 where pretty much all priority 3 members who registered got seats. In my case one I was very happy with until that kick.

Be aware you can choose to go into the Collingwood member's ballot, but you then give up the option of getting a ticket in the AFL reserve.
Good call and none us should give up that option, (I hope we have the need for it).

I thought I heard a snippet on the Channel 9 news update around 8:30 tonight about the MCG showing the game on the big screens? Anyone got a link? Can't see anything on MCG or MCC or AFL site or twitter?

I thought I heard a snippet on the Channel 9 news update around 8:30 tonight about the MCG showing the game on the big screens? Anyone got a link? Can't see anything on MCG or MCC or AFL site or twitter?

The video says it will be in the olympic room at the mcg with details to be sent out from collingwood. Around 2000 tickets will be sold.

Got 2 tix in the Bill O'Reilly Stand. Does anyone have a working link to the 3D view? I'm keen to see if the seats are obscured by the Screen
Definitely best seats in the house. (My regular season reserved seat is in the O'Reilly.) Even if you're at either end of the stand and thus technically in a pocket, it feels like you're on the wing.

I advise you to bring a cap with you as you'll have to deal with the afternoon sun in the first half. It should sink below the opposite Members' Stand just before half-time, at which point you might be rewarded by an impressive sunset.

You won't be able to see the main screen/scoreboard. There is a very small screen on the other side of the ground and a separate secondary scoreboard. You might want to bring binoculars to read it. (Actually, the score is easy to read but the clock less so.)

Yeah that's right - I'd prefer to take my chances with the AFL membership reserve / dinning package. Gold Club Support of competing clubs have a very good chance of securing tickets with AFL membership.

Yeah that's right - I'd prefer to take my chances with the AFL membership reserve / dinning package. Gold Club Support of competing clubs have a very good chance of securing tickets with AFL membership.
We have the most gold club members but I've always managed to get tickets when we've played.

Neither the Cats or especially the Lions will have high numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back