Resource Finals Ticketing Details

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t do it. The chance that you get allocated one is quite small, but it’s made pretty clear that if you’re randomly allocated standing room and you’ve selected no standing room, you have basically forfeited your ticket

Big risk to take unless you’re physically unable to stand of course
Hmm now I'm nervous ... I called the club and they assured me I'd get a seat, so fingers crossed.

They generally do it at 10am from recollection of the last time we were in so I would expect similar timings again.
Yeah that was my recollection too.

That might be very early in the day if we get the win on Saturday evening.

I wouldn’t do it. The chance that you get allocated one is quite small, but it’s made pretty clear that if you’re randomly allocated standing room and you’ve selected no standing room, you have basically forfeited your ticket

Big risk to take unless you’re physically unable to stand of course
"By selecting this option you will choose not to accept a standing room ticket - should all reserved seat tickets have been allocated when your registration is next to be processed, you will not be issued with a Grand Final ticket."

This makes it seem like you'll only miss out in the event there is only standing room left. Hope the guy I spoke to at the club was right!

"By selecting this option you will choose not to accept a standing room ticket - should all reserved seat tickets have been allocated when your registration is next to be processed, you will not be issued with a Grand Final ticket."

This makes it seem like you'll only miss out in the event there is only standing room left. Hope the guy I spoke to at the club was right!
If you are Priority 1 then you should be fine.
I selected the No standing room option.
Worked fine in 2018.

Yeah that was my recollection too.

That might be very early in the day if we get the win on Saturday evening.
I'm probably driving home on Sunday so hopefully I can be somewhere with wifi available. May make a late start to make sure.

Been going around the net trying to find even 1 ticket.

Much harder than I would've thought (GF Tickets)

Any suggestions other than buying a 3k package
Apart from P1 Collingwood membership or AFL Gold with competing club, that's likely your only option. If Brisbane wins there may be a better chance.

Gold members of competing clubs are guaranteed a GF ticket. You just need to remember to buy in the priority period. They won't sell out no matter what combination of teams is in the GF.
is that still the case? It was years ago when the AFL last released member numbers by club. If it's Geelong V Collingwood, is it guaranteed?

Hmm now I'm nervous ... I called the club and they assured me I'd get a seat, so fingers crossed.
My interpretation is that if all of the seats in the stadium are sold and you are unluckily allocated a standing room ticket after all those are sold, then you will miss out.....very unlikely scenario if that interpretation is correct. I also selected option 2.

is that still the case? It was years ago when the AFL last released member numbers by club. If it's Geelong V Collingwood, is it guaranteed?

Geelong don’t have many AFL Members. There will be no issue getting a ticket if you’re a Gold AFL Member.

The Collingwood football club

Would have sent you an email and a text message reminder yesterday .with all the registration info and a click through link to the ticket Collingwood GF ballot registration page

Click the link in your email or text message it will open to the Coll ballot page , then register when your ballot window opens

Did not see any

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did not see any
The letter I received in the mail said there’s a different process for companion card holders. From memory it was a manual form that should have been enclosed with the letter.

Unless someone else can help in the meantime I’ll take a photo for you when I get home this evening.

These are the figures of AFL Gold club support members from about 10 years ago.

I'd guess that the ratios will remain much the same.

aflclubsupport-jpg.1507740

The letter I received in the mail said there’s a different process for companion card holders. From memory it was a manual form that should have been enclosed with the letter.

Unless someone else can help in the meantime I’ll take a photo for you when I get home this evening.

TradeDraft

Mobility Impaired Seating & Companion Card Holders

Members... who hold a companion card do not register via the ballot as outline above. These members must complete a special registration form which is to be returned to the club by 5pm Friday September 2nd. Late registrations cannot be accepted. Companion card holders will find this form enclosed with this information or be sent this form via post.

Ballot for priority 1 and priority 2 was pretty seemless today. Seems tickettek can handle 5-10,000 or so people at a time, good on them.

Still don’t understand why it needs to happen this way but hey 🤷‍♂️

My interpretation is that if all of the seats in the stadium are sold and you are unluckily allocated a standing room ticket after all those are sold, then you will miss out.....very unlikely scenario if that interpretation is correct. I also selected option 2.

I also selected Option 2 (no standing room). As as P 1 member I’ll be pretty pissed off if P 2 and 3 are allocated seats in the ballot and some P 1 members miss out all together. Standing for 5+ hours to attend the game not a pleasant experience.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just picked up a ticket for the prelim on the Ticketek marketplace, Victor trumper stand. So pumped - never been to a final, let alone a prelim. Should be a great experience, but so much sweeter if we win.

BTW atleast 3 more up for grabs on marketplace, though you pay a bit of a premium compared to the original price. Figured it was worth it for me.

Definitely best seats in the house. (My regular season reserved seat is in the O'Reilly.) Even if you're at either end of the stand and thus technically in a pocket, it feels like you're on the wing.

I advise you to bring a cap with you as you'll have to deal with the afternoon sun in the first half. It should sink below the opposite Members' Stand just before half-time, at which point you might be rewarded by an impressive sunset.

You won't be able to see the main screen/scoreboard. There is a very small screen on the other side of the ground and a separate secondary scoreboard. You might want to bring binoculars to read it. (Actually, the score is easy to read but the clock less so.)

Good intel this as couldn’t figure out how my seats centre wing 5 rows back were category 2! Didn’t think of the sun

How does this work? I believe I'm a dees gold member... When tickets come out it's possible I get a chance at a ticket?
Competing Clubs get first dibs then other Gold and Silver members.
If it’s two interstate sides it’s much easier or even Geelong as previously mentioned.

Good intel this as couldn’t figure out how my seats centre wing 5 rows back were category 2! Didn’t think of the sun
I doubt the sun affects the seat category. I don't think the categories change depending on the timing of the match. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the category 1 seats tend to be in the stands, while the best (ie wing rather than pocket) concourse tickets are category 2.

How does this work? I believe I'm a dees gold member... When tickets come out it's possible I get a chance at a ticket?
Anzac Day covered it.

Priority goes:

1. Gold members with competing club support

2. Other gold members

3. Silver members (I think competing clubs then others)

Bronze members no chance.

Competing Clubs get first dibs then other Gold and Silver members.
If it’s two interstate sides it’s much easier or even Geelong as previously mentioned.

Anzac Day covered it.

Priority goes:

1. Gold members with competing club support

2. Other gold members

3. Silver members (I think competing clubs then others)

Bronze members no chance.
Ah alright cheers guys, a bit of a dumb question again "SIlver" and "Gold" is the ranking of my membership as seen on my membership card?
I'm gold but didn't know it meant much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back