Resource 2020 Finals Ticketing thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So Geelong members didn't take up their allotted tickets?

You-Dont-Say-Nicholas-Cage-Reaction-Gif.gif
Unless there were a few thousand over the border that bought tickets just to ensure less of our fans attend?

Unless there were a few thousand over the border that bought tickets just to ensure less of our fans attend?

Far more likely that they'll be trying to scalp them to us.

I thought Vic members from any club can't buy tickets. I know in the T&Cs the club sent us, that's what they said to any of our members who were Vic based, or were registered as overseas members.

Not getting too far ahead of myself - but kind of am - people that have looked into flights for the big dance if we make it (I know some have booked Flexi tickets): when would you be looking at going over? Would the morning of be too risky? What's the accommodation options like as well?

I'm just.... Thinking.... At this stage.

So Geelong members didn't take up their allotted tickets?

You-Dont-Say-Nicholas-Cage-Reaction-Gif.gif
The AFL say they get equal allocation because its not Port's final, just played at Port's home ground so they start with equal allocated aisles/seats.

Then during the process, they monitor how many Geelong members are buying seats in the different categories and start moving aisles/seat across to Port members allocation.

It sucks because when we go to the MCG because both wings are taken out to competing club members - 45% are taken out of the pool for MCC and AFL members and in pockets and flanks and you get shitty seats offered

Not getting too far ahead of myself - but kind of am - people that have looked into flights for the big dance if we make it (I know some have booked Flexi tickets): when would you be looking at going over? Would the morning of be too risky? What's the accommodation options like as well?

I booked a flight to Bris morning of the 24th, and a night at the Stamford Plaza. All flex/refundable. Since it's a night game I'm not too worried about flying there same day.

I've booked flexible accommodation already. Have had a squizz at flights and Thursday seems to be the closest cheap day to buy a flight getting to Brissy. Given how some flights have been changed at very short notice due to covid, I wouldn't be leaving it to the day of the game to fly up there thats for sure.

I've booked flexible accommodation already. Have had a squizz at flights and Thursday seems to be the closest cheap day to buy a flight getting to Brissy. Given how some flights have been changed at very short notice due to covid, I wouldn't be leaving it to the day of the game to fly up there thats for sure.

Quit worrying me!

Eh, family-wise it’s not really feasible for me to be away for more than one night anyway, so I’ll have to risk it.

I booked a flight to Bris morning of the 24th

Same here. My party is in first thing on the Saturday and return on Sunday. Flexible /partially refundable elevate flights with Virgin using credits we had from flights cancelled due to covid earlier in the year.

As for cancellation worries, I wouldn't be concerned. If airlines are cancelling flights to Brisbane on GF day due to covid-19 worries then rest assured the GF itself will be cancelled.

Accommodation the same - fully refundable up to day of booking. Prices very reasonable and a heck of a lot cheaper than what it would be for a normal GF at the G.

As for cancellation worries, I wouldn't be concerned. If airlines are cancelling flights to Brisbane on GF day due to covid-19 worries then rest assured the GF itself will be cancelled.

Possibly. Or if my flight gets cancelled for some other reason I’ll take the scenic route via Alice or Cairns. Beats killing time in Brisbane. ;)

Apologies if I missed it earlier in the thread, but one assumes that a few hundred Cat supporters living here may have got tickets.
But what about the remaining 10,000 tickets available?
Or are Vic based supporters just buying tickets to minimise the number of Port fans who can attend?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quit worrying me!

Eh, family-wise it’s not really feasible for me to be away for more than one night anyway, so I’ll have to risk it.
I am thinking of doing the same thing. Flying up the morning of and flying back Sunday. Just have to convince the husband to stay home and look after the kids 😜

I really don't think that's a thing.
It's definitely not, because, as Matthew Richardson confirmed, only Adelaide-based Geelong members had access.

If we make the GF I’ll do and pay whatever it takes to get there! Doesn’t happen too often!

There’s a $10,000 bill in it for you, if you plow my driveway on top of forbidding Widow’s Peak.

Apologies if I missed it earlier in the thread, but one assumes that a few hundred Cat supporters living here may have got tickets.
But what about the remaining 10,000 tickets available?
Or are Vic based supporters just buying tickets to minimise the number of Port fans who can attend?

Geelong has a huge supporter base in South Australia. I personally know 30 people that are Geelong members that live in Whyalla that are going next Thursday, which is a very small smaple size. There would easily be a couple of thousand cast members in south australia. Add in Geelong members from NSW and QLD that dont need to quarantine

Thank you REH for setting this thread up. I have bought my ticket but have not received my SMS. I assume that this is because I have a pos mobile phone. Anyway I have access to a Ticketek page that has a picture of my digital barcode. Can anyone advise on the best way to print that page so that it works at the stadium gate. Thanks in advance.

Thank you REH for setting this thread up. I have bought my ticket but have not received my SMS. I assume that this is because I have a pos mobile phone. Anyway I have access to a Ticketek page that has a picture of my digital barcode. Can anyone advise on the best way to print that page so that it works at the stadium gate. Thanks in advance.

It will be fine just printing the page as is. You can just open it on your phone and scan that if you are able to with your phone

It will be fine just printing the page as is. You can just open it on your phone and scan that if you are able to with your phone
Thanks ST. Unfortunately my phone is unable to go online atm, so I am assuming that my only option is to make a hard copy of the digital barcode. I was looking for advice on the dangers of doing that and the best way to print it so as to minimise any problems at the gate. Has anyone any experience of just printing out the barcode on paper and successfully scanning it?

Thanks ST. Unfortunately my phone is unable to go online atm, so I am assuming that my only option is to make a hard copy of the digital barcode. I was looking for advice on the dangers of doing that and the best way to print it so as to minimise any problems at the gate. Has anyone any experience of just printing out the barcode on paper and successfully scanning it?

Yeah I was printing them out as I didn't trust my phone to load it on the day. I saved the ticket as a PDF first and then I printed it and it was fine. Print a couple of copies if you are worried and up the quality so it's crisp but it should work with no issues. As long as you have the ticket printed they can let you in if the barcode doesn't work.

I never received my tickets by SMS either. I checked the confirmation email and it has as link to both my tickets and my correct mobile phone number. You can just print the barcode from the webpage or you can share the ticket by SMS or email. If you do the latter the barcode disappears off the webpage.

I assume that Ticketek's SMS system is as flawed as their "best available seat" algorithm. :mad:

Edit: I'm with StrappingTape and have printed my tickets to PDF from the webpage

Last edited:
I received 1 of my 3 tickets by sms. Luckily all 3 are attached to the email confirmation
No attachments to me confirmation email. :(

I can open the link from the email on my phone which then shows the barcode. I'm assuming that is the link that would have been in the SMS had I received one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back