Resource 2020 Finals Ticketing thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So we get a 50/50 split with cats fans, and the remaining tickets from these allocations go on sale after if I am reading it write. You wouldn’t expect Geelong to have 12,500 fans in Adelaide so expect some to go to general public

Gl to those who are going to try past L1. Just over 12k tickets available for Port's home final.
these rules need to bloody change
Load of bullshit!

It would be good to know how many members have actually committed 100% of their membership.

As stated in another thread, there was no time limit set on members to advise the Club that they are committing all or part of their membership.

As a result the Club is assuming that those paid up members who have not yet advised them of their intentions AND have not attended any games using their membership number are members who will pledge 100% of their 2020 fees to the club, despite the fact that they are entitled to a FULL refund at season end if they don't attend any games.

And it is known that some paid up members are purposely NOT advising the club of their pledge intentions with the view to using their Tier 1 membership to get a Grand final ticket if Port makes it to the Grand Final, knowing they are entitled to a full refund if that does not happen. For 1870 and Platinum members it is a guarantee to access Grand Final tickets if Port makes it to the Grand Final and a full refund if they don't. A win-win bet.

It has been suggested that the Club formally advise paid up members to advise of their commitment intentions BEFORE finals commence to fix this discrepancy but no action has yet been taken.

The downside for the Club is that they could face a severe shortfall of membership funds if the team does not make the Grand Final and those high tier members who have not yet advised of their intentions decide to ask for a full refund of their paid fees at season end, as they are entitled to do.

The downside for those members who have advised they will commit 100% of their membership fees to the club, is that their access to finals and, potentially Grand Final, tickets could be blocked by those higher tier members who make a last minute decision to attend key finals.

So we get a 50/50 split with cats fans, and the remaining tickets from these allocations go on sale after if I am reading it write. You wouldn’t expect Geelong to have 12,500 fans in Adelaide so expect some to go to general public

Yes -but they will be offered to committed/part committed Port members who missed out on the first round of allocations first. Any unallocated tickets will THEN be sold to the general public.

There isnt a chance there are 29,000 Club 1870, BD and Platinum members. There would be max ~17,000-18,000 (only have to look at the adelaide oval seat map and guesstimate by seating area).

From memory, Club 1870, BD and Platinum A carried the GF guarantee (why Platinum A is $50 dearer) so you d be knocking another ~2,000-3,000 off that total. From there my guess is all guarantee'd and 100% pledged members would go into a ballot if we are lucky enough to make it.

I’m pretty sure I am platinum B and I have a GF guarantee (in an ordinary year that is) ...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It doesn't work quite that way.

It's not a 50/50 split but an equivalent opportunity to buy tickets.

Let's say there are10k priority 1 Port members and 10k priority 1 Geelong members and they have rights to buy between 9am and 12 Noon. So if only 7k Port members buy tickets and 1k Geelong members buy tickets, that takes 8k out of the pool come the next priority groups window.

In the above example that would mean 15k is available to Port priority 2 and Geelong Priority 2 members plus Priority 1's who missed the first window. So this priority group has from 12.01 pm Friday and 8.59am Saturday or whenever the 2nd window closes, to snap up those 15k.

I wouldn't expect too many tickets to be available for the general public. Maybe max 1k.

Given the Cats fans can't travel, it will only be non-victorian based Cats supporters buying tickets, therefore it seems unlikely they would exhaust their allocation.

Does this mean the allocation for them that is left over is first given to Port members to buy prior to them being available to the general public?

Should members in priority group 2 be 100% safe in getting tickets if not fussed about seating?
Yes unless Geelong somehow get thousands there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoke to the membership department today
What questions did you ask and what was their reply to each question ? Did you ask if they have worked out how to allocate the 8,100? What happens if things change and its dramatically cut say to 6,000? What happens then? How are people allocated? First in best dressed, or a random draw??

really? So they are going to have full open ballot or base it upon if people pledged 100%?
That is what they said, apparently this decision was made earlier in the year.

Then priority 2 is members that are a lower category or pledged between 50-75%

I’m pretty sure I am platinum B and I have a GF guarantee (in an ordinary year that is) ...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm platinum B too. I've been told there's no difference between A and B in terms of priority ticketing and that it's only because of the seats I sit in.

What questions did you ask and what was their reply to each question ? Did you ask if they have worked out how to allocate the 8,100? What happens if things change and its dramatically cut say to 6,000? What happens then? How are people allocated? First in best dressed, or a random draw??
Didn’t ask those questions... I was still seeing red about not having a GF guarantee after being a Club1870 member x3 since it’s inception in 2013!

I'm platinum B too. I've been told there's no difference between A and B in terms of priority ticketing and that it's only because of the seats I sit in.
I was always told that Club1870 and Black Diamond had GF guarantee, Platinum A/B had Priority 1 and so on down the line.

I was always told that Club1870 and Black Diamond had GF guarantee, Platinum A/B had Priority 1 and so on down the line.
I've always been under the impression Platinum was guaranteed a GF ticket, in a normal year anyway.

As stated in another thread, there was no time limit set on members to advise the Club that they are committing all or part of their membership.

As a result the Club is assuming that those paid up members who have not yet advised them of their intentions AND have not attended any games using their membership number are members who will pledge 100% of their 2020 fees to the club, despite the fact that they are entitled to a FULL refund at season end if they don't attend any games.

And it is known that some paid up members are purposely NOT advising the club of their pledge intentions with the view to using their Tier 1 membership to get a Grand final ticket if Port makes it to the Grand Final, knowing they are entitled to a full refund if that does not happen. For 1870 and Platinum members it is a guarantee to access Grand Final tickets if Port makes it to the Grand Final and a full refund if they don't. A win-win bet.

It has been suggested that the Club formally advise paid up members to advise of their commitment intentions BEFORE finals commence to fix this discrepancy but no action has yet been taken.

The downside for the Club is that they could face a severe shortfall of membership funds if the team does not make the Grand Final and those high tier members who have not yet advised of their intentions decide to ask for a full refund of their paid fees at season end, as they are entitled to do.

The downside for those members who have advised they will commit 100% of their membership fees to the club, is that their access to finals and, potentially Grand Final, tickets could be blocked by those higher tier members who make a last minute decision to attend key finals.
i’m with the club on this one

I've always been under the impression Platinum was guaranteed a GF ticket, in a normal year anyway.

Platinum definitely has GF guarantee in a normal year (as it used to be the highest level until 1870 & BD were introduced for the move to AO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back