Resource 2020 Finals Ticketing thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Platinum definitely has GF guarantee in a normal year (as it used to be the highest level until 1870 & BD were introduced for the move to AO)
Was it a guarantee or priority 1?

To be honest. If we make it to the GF and you are platinum and the status’ above and you want to go and can afford it etc, you will get a ticket.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes, I have a 'guarantee', but am less concerned about getting a ticket than I would be in another year!!!

Unless we lose all the tickets to the QLD lot, all who can will.

To be honest. If we make it to the GF and you are platinum and the status’ above and you want to go and can afford it etc, you will get a ticket.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
As I said I'm platinum B, I've got flexi flights for Brisbane for GF weekend and would expect that I'd be able to get a GF ticket, however the first 3 weeks of finals ticketing priority does have be a tad concerned it will be a free for all of 100% of pledgers for a GF.

Didn’t ask those questions... I was still seeing red about not having a GF guarantee after being a Club1870 member x3 since it’s inception in 2013!

I rang up the membership department about the QF and asked some questions about the GF.

The following general procedure isn't set in concrete yet, but this is what the AFL have indicated will most likely happen.

The past dozen years or so the 2 teams that win the QF, their members have been able to register for GF tickets in the week leading up to the SF for each clubs allocation / ballot process.

THE AFL HAS SCRAPPED THIS. THIS BIT IS SET IN CONCRETE.

The AFL has told clubs that they should reward their 100% pledgers so all 11 game 100% membership pledgers ( Just like those able to buy tickets in the 9am window on Friday for the QF) will be eligible to buy a GF ticket.

IIRC when the membership options were announced in June the club said that if you didn't pledge 100%, you lost your GF ticket rights. Will try and dig this up.

Harrison told me that a bit over 10,000 members have pledged 100% and at the moment we would have 8,100 tickets available for members.

He said given there is no pre registration process, members will have to go and buy tickets via the Tickmaster site ( The Gabba's ticketing company) and enter their code to buy a GF ticket during Port's members purchase window. He said anything left over will then be open for the general public to buy.

I asked if only 7,000 GF tickets are purchased by our 100% pledgers, does the remaining 1,100 tickets become available for the 50-75% pledgers or other members. He said no they would just go into the pool available for the general public.

I asked about a couple of mates who live in Queensland and are only Interstate members if they could get GF tickets and he said they would only be able to buy tickets when the general public purchase window opens up.

He stressed this is the current plan, and only once the AFL tell the club what the exact process is, will the club communicate this with us the members.

This way the AFL has maximum flexibility especially if there is a virus outbreak happens and they have to reduce capacity. So given PFs are likely to be Thursday + Friday or Friday + Saturday, all procedures probably wont be announced until the Sunday and then Monday and Tuesday will be the windows for members, and then public to buy tickets.

Last edited:
So just over 10,000 members have pledged 100% according to REH's post above. Does this completely fly in the face of what Keith Thomas said? I can't remember his exact words but wasn't it a huge percentage who he said had done so? KT talks complete s**t and has done so for many years. I'm glad we haven't heard much from him lately. His stammering, over thinking every word always sounds so disingenuous and it probably is.

I was always told that Club1870 and Black Diamond had GF guarantee, Platinum A/B had Priority 1 and so on down the line.
Club 1870, Black Diamond and Platinum have always been in the same level of GF guarantee. Its why my family decided on Platinum was good enough.

It does annoy me the new Platinum B has been added, and those of us that have been paying for GF priority through anchors and whatever since 1997, might miss out for a few newer fans, and/or people added in this cat b of Platinum, but I guess that's Covid for ya.

So just over 10,000 members have pledged 100% according to REH's post above. Does this completely fly in the face of what Keith Thomas said? I can't remember his exact words but wasn't it a huge percentage who he said had done so? KT talks complete sh*t and has done so for many years. I'm glad we haven't heard much from him lately. His stammering, over thinking every word always sounds so disingenuous and it probably is.
When the figures came out saying we had 46k members and KT said we had 96% of members retained their membership, I posted saying that means 29k have pledged 50%+ and 17k paid $85 for their club membership (or equivalent amount for concession and junior memberships).

So the breakdown is probably
10,500 100% plegers
18,600 50%-75% pledgers + asked for a credit on 2021 membership or cash refund for the balance
17,000 paid $85 to be club members + asked for a credit on 2021 membership or cash refund for the balance
======
46,100 = 96%
2,000 = 4% asked for a full refund
=====
48,100 had registered as a member before season was shut down.

Edit: I posted more accurate breakdown at this post in the 2020 membership thread #2,157

Last edited:
Club 1870, Black Diamond and Platinum have always been in the same level of GF guarantee. Its why my family decided on Platinum was good enough.

It does annoy me the new Platinum B has been added, and those of us that have been paying for GF priority through anchors and whatever since 1997, might miss out for a few newer fans, and/or people added in this cat b of Platinum, but I guess that's Covid for ya.
I've been platinum member way before the Adelaide Oval move. When we moved to Adelaide Oval we got told we were "Platinum B" because of the seats we were sitting in (300s behind the goals). I've been a member of the club for over 20 years so this "platinum B members are because of johnny come latelys and COVID" is utter BS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been platinum member way before the Adelaide Oval move. When we moved to Adelaide Oval we got told we were "Platinum B" because of the seats we were sitting in (300s behind the goals). I've been a member of the club for over 20 years so this "platinum B members are because of johnny come latelys and COVID" is utter BS.

2014 and 2015 Membership seating plan - no Platinum B category.

1600830034602.png

1600830140873.png

2016 Membership seating plan with Platinum B category.

1600830430237.png

Yes but you have to pay the upgrade to adult.

You sure about that? From the FAQ's... (edit: nothing in there about upgrades either)

How much are the tickets?

All members are required to purchase their tickets. Please click here for a list of ticket prices https://www.afl.com.au/finals

Please note for finals matches you must purchase a ticket equivalent to your membership type. For example, a Junior membership barcode will only permit you to purchase a Junior ticket, similarly for Concession and Adult.

You sure about that? From the FAQ's... (edit: nothing in there about upgrades either)

How much are the tickets?

All members are required to purchase their tickets. Please click here for a list of ticket prices https://www.afl.com.au/finals

Please note for finals matches you must purchase a ticket equivalent to your membership type. For example, a Junior membership barcode will only permit you to purchase a Junior ticket, similarly for Concession and Adult.
One way to find out, after entering your codes to get in, in the dropbox, you put in an adult instead junior and see if it processes it. I reckon Ticketek system will accept the higher $$$ amount.

For the GF, you have always been able to take a concession ticket to the box office and pay an upgrade fee. Reckon the same would apply for finals - my kid is sick - I don't want to spread Covid - I don't want to waste the ticket.

One way to find out, after entering your codes to get in, in the dropbox, you put in an adult instead junior and see if it processes it. I reckon Ticketek system will accept the higher $$$ amount.

For the GF, you have always been able to take a concession ticket to the box office and pay an upgrade fee. Reckon the same would apply for finals - my kid is sick - I don't want to spread Covid - I don't want to waste the ticket.

Yeah, agreed. It would seem unusual that they wouldn't do upgrades given the circumstances.

View attachment 968722

View attachment 968723

View attachment 968726
It must have started appearing in 2016. Regardless, it's just split up according to your seating and has nothing to do with being someone that's jumped on since the AO move. Me and my mates chose the 300s behind the goals because we still wanted to sit behind the goals as we did at AAMI but we also wanted the elevated view.

I rang up the membership department about the QF and asked some questions about the GF.

The following general procedure isn't set in concrete yet, but this is what the AFL have indicated will most likely happen.

The past dozen years or so the 2 teams that win the QF, their members have been able to register for GF tickets in the week leading up to the SF for each clubs allocation / ballot process.

THE AFL HAS SCRAPPED THIS. THIS BIT IS SET IN CONCRETE.

The AFL has told clubs that they should reward their 100% pledgers so all 11 game 100% membership pledgers ( Just like those able to buy tickets in the 9am window on Friday for the QF) will be eligible to buy a GF ticket.

IIRC when the membership options were announced in June the club said that if you didn't pledge 100%, you lost your GF ticket rights. Will try and dig this up.

Harrison told me that a bit over 10,000 members have pledged 100% and at the moment we would have 8,100 tickets available for members.

He said given there is no pre registration process, members will have to go and buy tickets via the Tickmaster site ( The Gabba's ticketing company) and enter their code to buy a GF ticket during Port's members purchase window. He said anything left over will then be open for the general public to buy.

I asked if only 7,000 GF tickets are purchased by our 100% pledgers, does the remaining 1,100 tickets become available for the 50-75% pledgers or other members. He said no they would just go into the pool available for the general public.

I asked about a couple of mates who live in Queensland and are only Interstate members if they could get GF tickets and he said they would only be able to buy tickets when the general public purchase window opens up.

He stressed this is the current plan, and only once the AFL tell the club what the exact process is, will the club communicate this with us the members.

This way the AFL has maximum flexibility especially if there is a virus outbreak happens and they have to reduce capacity. So given PFs are likely to be Thursday + Friday or Friday + Saturday, all procedures probably wont be announced until the Sunday and then Monday and Tuesday will be the windows for members, and then public to buy tickets.
My understanding too. Like I said, if you have pledged 100% and you can afford to go and get there, it is almost certain you will get a ticket to a GF should we make it.

Yes, we've both been platinum members since forever.
Back at Football Park we were paying for a platinum membership but chose to sit in Silver seats (behind the Northern goals) because that's where we wanted to sit.

Then when we moved to Adelaide Oval the club allocated seats in roughly the same area (at the opposite end) but put us up to the red seated tier to reflect our Platinum membership status, while giving us roughly the same behind the goal experience.

Its only been in very recent seasons that Platinum B started appearing on my card.

We are far from blow ins.

View attachment 968722

View attachment 968723

View attachment 968726
So Platinum A and B were introduced to easily differentiate between Platinum members that wanted raised seasts (from of level 3 on the east, or level 2 on the South) and ground level seats.

Nothing "Come lately" about Platinum B at all.

So Platinum A and B were introduced to easily differentiate between Platinum members that wanted raised seasts (from of level 3 on the east, or level 2 on the South) and ground level seats.

Platinum B are the red seats behind the goal.

Platinum A are the red seats on the wing that aren't Club 1870.

Yes.

I noticed the following this year - don't know if it has been available before - but Platinum Essential members in the western stand were split into effectively A and B;

* West Level 2 Platinum ie seats where you walk up a few steps behind the red brick wall or in front of where the cricket players rooms are,

* West Level 3 and 4 Platinum members - Level 3 are seats in The Chappell Stand or Sir Edwin Smith Stand and Level 4 in the Bradman Pavilion above the McLachlan Room and,

* West Platinum - no reserved seat, above two are reserved seat membership.

They also have Platinum West Level 2 Gold and West Level 3 and 4 Gold.

Platinum A adult in 2020 paid $510, Platinum B adult in 2020 paid $485.
West Level 2 Platinum in 2020 paid $705, West Level 3 and 4 Platinum in 2020 paid $620, West Platinum $465.

Last edited:
Platinum B are the red seats behind the goal.

Platinum A are the red seats on the wing that aren't Club 1870.
Platinum A are ground level seats in Aisles 133,134,135,136,137 and 138.

Red seats between Aisles 330 to 340 on the wing are Club 1870 and Black Diamond seats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back