Resource 2020 Finals Ticketing thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at the maps I posted on the previous page, this was the change between 2015 and 2016;

All the Platinum members who had seats in the 300 aisles and 500 aisles were recategorized as Platinum B.

The Platinum members on the eastern wing were recategorized and charged different amounts.

Those who sit in Aisles 131 and 132 ie more HFF southern end and 139 and 140 ie more HFF northern end were categorized as Gold A in 2014 and 2015 and stayed that way after 2015. Those in Aisles 133-138 inclusive became Platinum A.

If you look at 2020 membership fees, you can see its about charging a bit more or less.
Platinum B adults get charge $480
Platinum A get charged $515 ie $35 more than B
Gold A get charged $450 ie $35 less than Platinum B.

I assume the argument was those Platinum members between 133-138 had a lot better overall view than those in 131+132 and 139+140, but the 300's and 500's was somewhere in the middle and was charged a middle fee.

Last edited:

Has anyone got a map of the layout with the prices? As in what seats constitutes category 1,2,3 etc with the pricing? Can't find any anywhere.
When it loads up on Ticketek you will be able to see the seating categories. It should be up tomorrow.

I've been platinum member way before the Adelaide Oval move. When we moved to Adelaide Oval we got told we were "Platinum B" because of the seats we were sitting in (300s behind the goals). I've been a member of the club for over 20 years so this "platinum B members are because of johnny come latelys and COVID" is utter BS.
Apologies. Did not realise that. My understanding was they were a new category added a couple years back as they boosted the number of guarantees the club were offering. As we can see from the responses I was obviously mistaken.

The covid part was just me referring to the fact the club has obviously pre-sold enough guarantees for a normal year, but Covid wont allow them to dish out that many.

Last edited:
Pardon my laziness but I know tickets are on sale Fri... do we have starting times for each priority level yet?
The Priority 1 starts at 9am SA time ( I asked if was EST) according to Harrison from membership department.

Didn't ask about Priority 2 but it will either be 11am or 12 noon based on what I saw last year's window was.

Pardon my laziness but I know tickets are on sale Fri... do we have starting times for each priority level yet?
This was last years. It might be P1 9am and P2 11am

Remember the AFL are in control of ticketing and they don't give a stuff about fairness.

Qualifying Final 1
Geelong Cats v Collingwood
Friday September 6, MCG, 7.50pm

Competing Club Members | 9am - 1pm, Wednesday August 28 AEST
AFL Members | 11am, Wednesday August 28 AEST
General Public* | 2pm, Wednesday August 28 AEST

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In post 59 I wrote;

IIRC when the membership options were announced in June the club said that if you didn't pledge 100%, you lost your GF ticket rights. Will try and dig this up.

On 20th May KT sent out an email re membership options with the link to this Covid Membership Options and under the 1st point Pledge 100% it said;

1.3 If the pledged membership category includes Grand Final ticket priority or Grand Final ticket guarantee, this benefit will also be retained if spectators are permitted.

There wasn't the equivalent condition under the other pledge options.

Given the club didn't know how many if any members would be allowed into a GF and AFL control ticketing rules its no surprise not everyone with a GF guarantee wont get one.

A
Yep. That’s why I am a platinum member myself - for that very reason

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
little bit sad, isn’t it that for many of us with a GF guarantee the first time in years we have the opportunity, many won’t be able to go most likely.
What a year.
Still Alberton was a lot of fun for the 2004 GF anyway..amazing atmosphere

Last edited:
Seating map with ticket categories for week 1. Majority of the tickets are category 1 and the Hill is still closed off.

119983447_1744144985740483_6422426520488600929_n.jpg

Does anyone know why the hill isn't open yet? Other stadiums in QLD (and maybe NSW too) with grassed areas have been open to fans in the AFL and NRL, why is AO different? Looks much better on TV when there's fans on the hill, not to mention more fans can be in attendance.

Does anyone know why the hill isn't open yet? Other stadiums in QLD (and maybe NSW too) with grassed areas have been open to fans in the AFL and NRL, why is AO different? Looks much better on TV when there's fans on the hill, not to mention more fans can be in attendance.
I would imagine it is due to the adherence to social distancing guidelines. Everyone sits a chair witdth either side and forward and back from each other, so it is very visible and easily enforceable.

A

little bit sad, isn’t it that for many of us with a GF guarantee the first time in years we have the opportunity, many won’t be able to go most likely.
What a year.
Still Alberton was a lot of fun for the 2004 GF anyway..amazing atmosphere

Do u mean in the sense that it may not be possible due to cost ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back