Resource 2020 Finals Ticketing thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We couldn't get in for 10 minutes and when we did could only buy 1 ticket. That was a bit of a clusterf*ck.

Yep the system is f’ed

I got dudded with a row FF at 9:11am yet people are just getting in now and are still getting rows alot closer than that
That's how the *en system works.

Its almost worth lining up and going to an outlet and being the first 4 or 5 customers as staff have screens and can look where tickets are free. But you dont want to be more than 5 back as usually those who line up have no *en idea and go thru 25 diifferent options.

Last edited:
Cat 1 selling so fast seems suss.

I didnt think there were even enough priority ones to sell it out.

Were Geelong Vic members allowed to purchase?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is very suspicious. Questions need to be asked. I was waiting from 8:50am, finally got in at 9:07am, wanted 4 x Cat 1- not available???? My mate tried 2 x Cat 1 at the same time- not available???? Can only be explained by someone having priority over us.

This is very suspicious. Questions need to be asked. I was waiting from 8:50am, finally got in at 9:07am, wanted 4 x Cat 1- not available???? My mate tried 2 x Cat 1 at the same time- not available???? Can only be explained by someone having priority over us.
I think it’s because we have equal allocation to the cats so they would have bays reserved for them. Obviously there wouldn’t be as much of their supporters going so they get tickets easier. The bays that they don’t sell out will go to Port supporters after 1pm I would think.

People are now being offered Cat 1 tickets in prime spots. Hilarious.

The AFL needs to get this sorted. Having so many people across all member categories logging on at the same time results in the Ticketek queuing system assuming all Cat 1 tickets are exhausted when in fact they are not and show up later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are now being offered Cat 1 tickets in prime spots. Hilarious.

It looks like they're doing what happens in major concerts and holding back prime seats on a drip feed to share the love around.

Yes very dodgy, waited from 8.54, got thru 9.05 and was given cat 2 seats after having to go back to best available. Did they make a mistake and let Melbourne people book at 9.00am Melbourne time?

There will be more cat 1 tickets available later today with what cats fans haven't taken. So if you haven't got tickets don't give up. I'm assuming by about 5pm today the club and afl will let us know if any tickets are left
Did cats fans get the same number tickets allocated seems stupid if they did?

That's how the fu**en system works.

Its almost worth lining up and going to an outlet and being the first 4 or 5 customers as staff have screens and can look where tickets are free. But you dont want to be more than 5 back as usually those who line up have no fu**en idea and go thru 25 diifferent options.

In the good old days, the group I went to the footy with would sleep outside Rowe and Jarman sports store (or whichever it was back then) and later the Festival Centre when ticketing went electronic to be first in line for grand final tickets.

The ticketing system was bizarre this morning.
Couldnt get three cat 1 tickets together, then when i tried for a best available i got 3 cat 1 tickets together in a section in the 100s literally front row. Went for a cat 2 option and was put 529B row E which I happily took.

Never understood why the AFL takes control of the ticketing system for the finals when it is working perfectly fine during the home and away season.

bloody hell. Category 1 exhausted in 10 minutes??? carn

Eventually got in - buying 5 isn't great, wouldnt come up with any cat 1 or 2, rejected a few cat 3 ended up with 531 row N which is ok.

I first got in at 9:05, selected Cat 1 (6 tix), couldn’t get them. Retried with Cat 2, same. Tried seats of 2 and 3, no luck. Eventually selected “Best Available“ and ended up near REH Bay 528.

It looks like they're doing what happens in major concerts and holding back prime seats on a drip feed to share the love around.

Yep.

But if you are going to drip feed supply of tickets you also need to drip feed demand to match.

This why a preferential allocation system based on membership categories for both clubs, as was used by PAFC for AO home games this year.

Nah its typical Ticketek AFL finals * up.

In prime spots at AO they allocate 1 aisle Ports, 1 aisle Geelong, 1 aisle Ports, 1 aisle Geelong

When 11am comes, if Geelong haven't taken up their allocation then they open up to Port members.

At the MCG prime spots on one side are for MCG members and AFL members on other side of the ground. Port members allocated around near the goals.

The AFL just dont give a s**t about reciprocal fairness at all grounds. Port members never got prime aisles allocated at the Gabba for finals, always the pockets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back