Resource 2020 Finals Ticketing thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone explain to me the best way to book GF flights and have them transferable.

I looked on website but they all said they had a 70-90 fee to transfer.

I thought people said that had been waived?

REH?

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
I got in early 3 weeks ago and bought a $110 ticket to the GC - my sister lives there and paid an extra $45 to make it a flex fare as I will go visit her in November if we don't make the GF.

I don't know the rules about making them transferable to another person as I have never had to do that.

I got in early 3 weeks ago and bought a $110 ticket to the GC - my sister lives there and paid an extra $45 to make it a flex fare as I will go visit her in November if we don't make the GF.

I don't know the rules about making them transferable to another person as I have never had to do that.
I just wanted them transferrable to Melbourne flights so I can go there and visit family when they open up.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I booked yesterday.

Qantas and Virgin both offering at least one or unlimited flight changes to your flight (I can't remember who is offering what), provided the change is for a flight before January 31st 2021, otherwise you pay the flight change fee + fare difference.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is what is wrong with finals ticketing.

1601607766503.png

At stadiums away from Melbourne the AFL have this bloody 50/50 equal opportunity rule. So Geelong members got one aisle on the wing, then Port get one, then Geelong then Port etc.

At the MCG the aisles/bays on wing are taken up by MCC members - Port supporters can't buy them and on the other wing you have the AFL members reserve and only Port supporters who can buy those seats are the 200 who are AFL members with Port Adelaide club support. Best seats we can but is near where 50m arc hits the boundary line.

Docklands is hard for Port members to buy tickets on the wing.

In 2001 and 2002 the AFL didn't allow 50/50 and let Port members buy seats on the wing for the finals at the Gabba.

Will members of the competing clubs have one aisle/bay for one of them and the next one for the other club on the wing?? Or will they stick us all behind the goal at the each end.

What about Perth Stadium? did they do one aisle/bay for Collingwood, one for WCE etc on the wing??

As we'll have to travel the following week if we make it to the GF, surely we get the Friday night game?

If we happen to be playing Brisbane, I could see those clowns at AFL House/Ch 7 wanting a Vic team (s) playing on the Friday and damn the integrity of it.

everyone is talking about going to the GF

meanwhile...........I'm locked up in WA

surely a GF is grounds for compassionate reasons for travel?
Got to the GF, then catch an iron ore boat back to WA. They will let you back in without quarantining then. Everyone involved in iron ore business gets an exempt traveller status don't they?

I think this information is incorrect and the 10,000 figure relates to the 100% pledgers who had a GF guarantee.

That a bit more than 10,000, 100% pledgers who will be given first access to a Gabba GF, probably relates to those 14,000 memberships.

I guess the two questions we really need answers to are:
1) How many members whose memberships come with a GF guarantee have pledged 100% and thus retained their guarantee under the terms outlined by the club in May of this year?
2) Having effectively oversold our GF guarantees by a reported 25-75%, there's now some risk that the number of members with a guarantee who wish to access their guaranteed ticket exceeds the number of tickets available. Does the club have a plan or policy for how to allocate guaranteed tickets to members, or a proposed remedy for any members who purchased a guarantee in good faith and now may not have one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what is wrong with finals ticketing.

View attachment 975565

At stadiums away from Melbourne the AFL have this bloody 50/50 equal opportunity rule. So Geelong members got one aisle on the wing, then Port get one, then Geelong then Port etc.
At least for the Prelim. it'll be moot. Doesn't matter what they assign initially to the other club they aren't bringing many supporters. Brisbane, Saints and Bulldogs have bugger all SA supporters. Saints and Bulldogs fans obviously not flying in and Brisbane fans from elsewhere would save for the GF in case they make it. It's only Richmond here that'd have any level of support. With them after losing to us earlier from home, us with the week off and the memory of their last final at AO I couldn't see big numbers of them. If we get 40k at the Prelim (please please please) it'll be at least 37k Port fans.

At least for the Prelim. it'll be moot. Doesn't matter what they assign initially to the other club they aren't bringing many supporters. Brisbane, Saints and Bulldogs have bugger all SA supporters. Saints and Bulldogs fans obviously not flying in and Brisbane fans from elsewhere would save for the GF in case they make it. It's only Richmond here that'd have any level of support. With them after losing to us earlier from home, us with the week off and the memory of their last final at AO I couldn't see big numbers of them. If we get 40k at the Prelim (please please please) it'll be at least 37k Port fans.
It will still happen that its 1 port, 1 oppo, 1 port, 1 oppo on the wings. They might only fill 4 or 5 aisles with reduced capacity and smaller supporter base but same thing applies for AO games. Also you will probably get the same bullshit of having to relocate the oppo seats and get better seats at 9.45 than at 9.15.

Nothing stopping you leaving WA to see the GF. Getting back in is the problem. McGowan is such a populist bell end.

Yep. His stance is probably going to ruin any chance the Eagles have of getting a flag this year.

Even Tasmania is opening up its borders next week (except for Vic and NSW).

Every time I think of WA I think of one of our most dedicated supporters, the legendary Chokito, stuck there and possibly missing out on a GF.

Criminal! (edit - I mean McGowan not Chokito).

Took the plunge and booked flights, accommodation and AFL GF package for 4 people. Just spent approx $10,500 for a 4 day holiday in Brissie whether we make it or not o_O

Edit: Wanted to get in before Richmond flogs if they win tonight.

Took the plunge and booked flights, accommodation and AFL GF package for 4 people. Just spent approx $10,500 for a 4 day holiday in Brissie whether we make it or not o_O

Edit: Wanted to get in before Richmond flogs if they win tonight.

Wowsers. That being said, Richmond flogs aren't going to be able to go to the game anyway seeing as the QLD premier has a hard border on Victoria.

Confirmed on the news that PF tickets go on sale Monday week. They said our PF likely to be a Friday, but as Papa G indicated those bastards at the AFL will do everything to get a Vic club on the night for TV ratings, despite the fact our ratings last night were as god as ever.

Booked 'classic flight reward' flights with Qantas/Jetstar after the Collingwood game a couple of weeks ago for ~22000 FF points + 130 odd bucks return. No penalty for cancellation, though I don't anticipate that being a problem anyway. ;)

Glad we got in early.

I want to go to the grand final :(
We were in the (un)fortunate position of having a couple+ years of savings sitting in the bank due to our 3 week trip to South America being cancelled. Luckily had a few grand worth of flights refunded recently. Thought stuff it, let's go to the GF regardless of Port being in or not and rest easy if we win the PF. Meant to be somewhere in Peru today 🙃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back