Resource 2020 Finals Ticketing thread

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
X2 if you have a GF Guarantee barcode, and you aren't using it, you should not be sharing it. Would infuriate me if I missed and others without the Guarantee tickets got in.
To be fair, any eligible barcodes have also been paid for for many years no matter who uses them.
I’m unlikely to be able to head up to Brisbane, so my Club1870 barcodes will be passed onto friends that are making the trip.
Nowhere ever has there been non transferable restrictions placed on my tickets, in fact, I clearly remember a couple of years ago the club was encouraging us to pass the tickets on if I couldn’t make it to the match.

Cplus

Draftee
Oct 14, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
X2 if you have a GF Guarantee barcode, and you aren't using it, you should not be sharing it. Would infuriate me if I missed and others without the Guarantee tickets got in.

if someone has earnt or paid for a GFbarcode is it not their perogative what they do with it? They paid. They earnt. Their choice. My Grandad was a life long member, his name is in the pavers and on the race - if he were alive he would have a free barcode at a higher category than mine. I say for anyone that has one - it’s up to them what they do with it.

if I choose to let you drive my Ferrari even though you can’t afford it, is that unfair to all the others in the world that also can’t afford it?

what you should be upset about is the sheer number of tickets that go to non members (ie: half) as part of corporate programs and the like. Yeah they earn $2500 for a corporate ticket - which also comes with a lot of cost - but I would say plenty of members would also pay much more than what is being asked as well.

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
To be fair, any eligible barcodes have also been paid for for many years no matter who uses them.
I’m unlikely to be able to head up to Brisbane, so my Club1870 barcodes will be passed onto friends that are making the trip.
Nowhere ever has there been non transferable restrictions placed on my tickets, in fact, I clearly remember a couple of years ago the club was encouraging us to pass the tickets on if I couldn’t make it to the match.
That all makes sense in an era without the Covid-19 pandemic. The club’s stance on the transferring of membership barcodes is spelt out in their FAQ for GF ticketing

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
That all makes sense in an era without the Covid-19 pandemic. The club’s stance on the transferring of membership barcodes is spelt out in their FAQ for GF ticketing
It actually isn’t... that section for not transferring is in regards to Victorian and international members.

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
if I choose to let you drive my Ferrari even though you can’t afford it, is that unfair to all the others in the world that also can’t afford it?
Shittest analogy ever

'If I have paid for a ferrari but have not received it - and never will receive it - because the last Ferrari has been given to someone who hasn't paid for it...' would be closer to this situation (if you want to use dumb Ferrari based analogies)

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
I understand the passing onto friends and family is a common thing and your prerogative. It's not wrong to do, I'd just hope people don't do it but yes I accept it is your choice. It certainly doesn't change the fact that I'd be spewing if I missed out and lower category members that didn't commit to the club for the guarantee ended up getting tickets ahead of me. I have paid for that level of guarantee for 23 years and missing out to someone that is mooching off others would be disappointing. I have 2 barcodes that will go unused and I will definitely not be passing them on as it'd be unfair to those that have paid for the right miss out.

I've had GF priority with my memberships from the beginning.
Used it in 2004 and passed it on to a Port supporting mate living in Melbourne in 2007.

I won't be using mine this year if we get through, but I also won't be passing it on. It's bad juju.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
if someone has earnt or paid for a GFbarcode is it not their perogative what they do with it? They paid. They earnt. Their choice. My Grandad was a life long member, his name is in the pavers and on the race - if he were alive he would have a free barcode at a higher category than mine. I say for anyone that has one - it’s up to them what they do with it.

what you should be upset about is the sheer number of tickets that go to non members (ie: half) as part of corporate programs and the like. Yeah they earn $2500 for a corporate ticket - which also comes with a lot of cost - but I would say plenty of members would also pay much more than what is being asked as well.
I agree with a couple points. It's their prerogative I agree, it's also a bit s**t that we wont get many tickets. However your analogy is poor, there is a chance some deserving people that have paid for not just one year but many years could miss out because of others that haven't. As Noddy said, that's like making all the down payments on a ferrari and then you get told someone else has got yours.

I also can't see how anyone can bring money into it. These are $400 tickets to the game, then expensive flights and accomodation, if anyone can afford all that, then they could've afforded the guarantee.

These are $400 tickets to the game, then expensive flights and accomodation, if anyone can afford all that, then they could've afforded the guarantee.

This right here is the point. People choosing not to pay for the guarantee, getting the benefit.

Last edited:

Festerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC Maggies SANFL, ASU Sun Devils
If you get your ticket, why do you care how others get there?

Perhaps because some of us take the 'Club' word in PAFC pretty seriously? We like to look after other club members and like to see things done the right way.

Seeing members who have done the right thing by our Club in a very tough season miss out on getting to a game because they have been gazumped by others who haven't just doesn't sit right with me.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I've had GF priority with my memberships from the beginning.
Used it in 2004 and passed it on to a Port supporting mate living in Melbourne in 2007.

I won't be using mine this year if we get through, but I also won't be passing it on. It's bad juju.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't have a GF guarantee, but I'll make it my objective to get a ticket without one just to irritate some of you. If you get your ticket, why do you care how others get there?
If I get my ticket but another member who supported the club and paid for a guarantee misses out ill still be disappointed for that member.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Festerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC Maggies SANFL, ASU Sun Devils
For tonight I'm in bay 200, western side, row q, anyone out there know if it's under cover or not, I need to know how much wet weather gear to take.

Virtual Adelaide Oval shows that bay 200 is right next to the members stand but has zero cover:

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 1.13.00 pm.png

At least you're just a few steps away from shelter if it gets real bad - but I don't think it will. (Unless we are losing of course :'().

gbear

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 27, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
For tonight I'm in bay 200, western side, row q, anyone out there know if it's under cover or not, I need to know how much wet weather gear to take.
A lot 🤣🤣 I am just taking my big Parker and screw getting the 1/3 of me wet! All games except for tonight and the St. Kilda I have been undercover for!

A lot 🤣🤣 I am just taking my big Parker and screw getting the 1/3 of me wet! All games except for tonight and the St. Kilda I have been undercover for!
My seats for the Essendon game were great view but zero cover, first game in years I'd worn a poncho, but we won, I can sit through a downpour happily for that.

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Will ask this in here, re 2021 memberships.

Have the club announced somewhere if they're holding off on releasing 2021 memberships yet. October i think is usually when monthly re payments start for the 10 month systems.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is more for reference. In the OP I quoted AFL's allocation

Competing club members have the largest allocation with 54 per cent of the overall amount (16,200 of 30,000).

Finals Series ticket holders and relevant AFL and Medallion Club Memberships 15 per cent,
Premium hospitality packages 16 per cent and the remaining
15 per cent made up of AFL stakeholders, Corporate and Broadcast partners.

Yesterday the AFL said

The AFL has announced today that the on-sale date for general public ticketing for the 2020 Toyota AFL Grand Final will open tomorrow, Tuesday October 20 at 9am AEST, (10am ADST) via Ticketmaster.

In the first time in more than 20 years the AFL Grand Final will go on-sale to the general public.

The general public on-sale follows a successful club member on-sale today which saw over 2,200 Geelong members secure their tickets and 3,500 Richmond members purchase their seats. Tickets were only on sale to club members who were in Queensland or in states where there is travel allowed into Queensland.

Today they said

The AFL has announced that the general public on-sale for the 2020 Toyota AFL Grand Final at The Gabba is currently sold out.

Tickets, via the Ticketmaster platform sold out in just under 20 minutes this morning.

Further tickets may become available as a result of unused allocations. If available, tickets will be released via Ticketmaster at 12pm AEST, Thursday October 22. Tickets will be strictly limited and subject to availability.

I am assuming that meant 16,100 - 2,200 - 3,500 = 10,400 tickets were sold today. There would have been Geelong and Richmond fans who weren't in priority groups living in Qld who would have had a crack.

I reckon Port members would have snapped up all of their 8,100 allocation.

Back