Mod. Notice Finals tickets thread - keep it in here please

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone help please? We got 2 note holders tickets. $340 each so assuming category 3. We are in m3-1. Apparently this is the hawthorn cheer squad block?? And m3 on the mcg map is category 7?? What does the -1 mean? Very confused!

Can anyone help please? We got 2 note holders tickets. $340 each so assuming category 3. We are in m3-1. Apparently this is the hawthorn cheer squad block?? And m3 on the mcg map is category 7?? What does the -1 mean? Very confused!
Could they mean M31 (which are category 3 seats)?

Where did you find them ?
Outside the ground ?

I got my ticket by ballott as a Dockers member in 2013. Its one thing getting the ticket but its another thing getting to the Eastern States (by either plane, rail or car). I couldn't afford the travel flights unfortunately and wasn't willing to drive that far to go see a game of footy.

Oh ok cool!! So not with the hawthorn cheer squad??!! where does it say that m3 at the back is cat 3 please?

Oh ok cool!! So not with the hawthorn cheer squad??!! where does it say that m3 at the back is cat 3 please?
It doesn't exactly , I'm just basing it on the map (and you being charged category 3) , and your row number "HH"- HH is behind A-Z and AA to GG so would be towards the back of that section (means a little more elevation i.e. being able to see other parts of the ground a little better )
http://mcg.org.au/~/media/files/mcg/general/mcg_seating_plan_2015_afl_grand_final-p.pdf?la=en

Mine is "-2", so I assume it is the back of the block it is attached to.

I reckon if a block is split into a number of pricing categories then the block number by itself is the front category. Then if it is "-1" then it is the next category from the front. And "-2" is the next (3rd) category.

So in my example I am right at the back of my block (which is the 3rd category assigned to the block).

Made this up the other day from the 2015_seating_map.pdf, but showing prices. Good printing size.

25k0e8x.jpg

Go to www.ticketek.com.au login to My Ticketek then click on Transaction History.
Got four tickets together in M3, is this the West Coast cheer squad block?

From the map I saw, the category 7 part of that block is the Hawthorn cheer squad. We got section M3-1 which I've been told is at the back of that block and cat 3 - cost $340 each. Not happy with the seats but at least we will be there.

For confirmation re: ballot, you need your Ticketek account number but can search in here:

Successful: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/content/pdf/AFL/WEST_COAST_SUCCESSFUL_LIST_FINAL.pdf

Unsuccessful: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/content/pdf/AFL/WEST_COAST_UNSUCCESSFUL_LIST_FINAL.pdf

I unfortunately was on the 2nd document...

Where is that linked on the Ticketek site? Not saying not legit, obviously is (hosted on their server) but that's wicked investigative skills unless I'm blind or something lol. Was just looking for something like this :)

Crunching numbers it seems there were 4230 successful registrations, 2259 unsuccessful registrations (6489 total) so a 65.18% chance to be successful? Per registration not per barcode.

Last edited:

The dash is just there to signify different section (and possibly different price point).

It's not just for the grand final. From about row CC (I think, that's off the top of my head), it's considered "Level M undercover" and from the AFL's perspective, despite the fact you're 30 rows back, being undercover makes it a higher category of seating than being in the front row.

You'll be fine man - Bay 3 row HH is going to be a great spot. Good luck to you!

(I don't know how many people here are familiar with the MCG - but I'm there every week, so feel free to ask any similar questions and I'll try to answer them.)

----------

I actually have a question of my own - are there any cheer squad members who can tell us what end the our cheer squad will be at? Given this was a member ballot, I can't imagine they'd be putting blocks of Eagles fans behind the Hawks cheers squad. It would make much more sense - and hopefully it's more likely - that the Eagles cheer squad is at the Punt Road end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is that linked on the Ticketek site? Not saying not legit, obviously is (hosted on their server) but that's wicked investigative skills unless I'm blind or something lol. Was just looking for something like this :)

Crunching numbers it seems there were 4230 successful registrations, 2259 unsuccessful registrations (6489 total) so a 65.18% chance to be successful? Per registration not per barcode.

I am guessing an average of 3.5 seats per registration. Which is the 15k successful seats and 7900 unsuccessful (using your estimates of the registrations)

Those with experience of the G - how would you describe Q53 Row KK (back of block)?
(either way - glad to be just going!)
I sat around there for the 2011 Hawks/Pies prelim, more towards the front of the block though. Thought the seats were great tbh, really surprised me as I expected them to suck.

I am guessing an average of 3.5 seats per registration. Which is the 15k successful seats and 7900 unsuccessful (using your estimates of the registrations)

We had 75 pages and Hawthorn list was 93 pages. Lots of roadtrip car fulls? ;)

Those with experience of the G - how would you describe Q53 Row KK (back of block)?
(either way - glad to be just going!)

I'll wave to you - same block but row MM! Oh well - I'm there!

We had 75 pages and Hawthorn list was 93 pages. Lots of roadtrip car fulls? ;)

I'll wave to you - same block but row MM! Oh well - I'm there!

Yeah - looks like they must have a lower average of seats requested per registration.

So - there is at least 2 rows behind me. Not at the very back then!

How are people going for accommodation in Melbourne?

I'm just trying to come up with a back up plan in case something goes wrong with the AFL membership sale (ie. if the full members take them all), and I'm really just trying to get a sense of how much "contra value" there is in my guest room in the inner northern suburbs if people are having problems.

I guess the issue is that I can only really fit one, maaaaaybe 2 people, and I doubt anyone would've only bought 2 tickets and then have one for sale.

(Of course, I don't expect that 2 nights accommodation is equivalent to a GF ticket, but I feel like it's a good start if the hotels are full.)

Upon reading the Hawthorn board it looks like the Hawthorn cheer squad is in M33 - the other end of the ground.

Not sure to be honest... not going to reveal any sources but thought it might prove useful for those wanting confirmation.

EDIT: Link now public: http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/n...-ballot-results?camefrom=EMCL_783927_33264817

Last edited:
I potentially have two seats available. One adult and one concession both at cost price as I would rather more Eagles supporters get in and not have to gouge everyone like the bloody airliners. They are cat 3, front of the top tier. Pm me for details and I will confirm availability by the end of the day with you.

After checking my credit card balance all day and my ticketek ticket wallet - to find no changes... This morning I decided to give it one more shot and forlornly to check my Ticketek transaction history.... 5 SEATS!!! Block M4 near the boundary!!! Yes!!!!

They didn't in my ticket wallet because I haven't picked them up (doh) and my credit card "funds available" had changed in my bank account, it just didn't show up in the app.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back