Finals venues

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 1, 2007
around the corner
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well we are nearing the half way mark of the season and just wondering where players, supporters would think each division should play the finals series this year.

I know some grounds have not come up to flash but some grounds are in fantastic condition.

Well we are nearing the half way mark of the season and just wondering where players, supporters would think each division should play the finals series this year.

I know some grounds have not come up to flash but some grounds are in fantastic condition.

Div 1 has to be at Springy. The ground is by far the best in the competition.

Div1. MCG
Div2. Telstra Dome
Div3. Doveton
Div4. Any parkland use bags as goals

If the SFL take the $$$$ and preferences to certain clubs out of it it should be.
Div.1.-Springvale
Div.2.-Cheltenham
Div.3.-Clayton

Still can't work out how Mordi got the Div.1. finals with the putrid rooms/social facilities they have.Springy by far have the best overall package to offer the SFL.

If the SFL take the $$$$ and preferences to certain clubs out of it it should be.
Div.1.-Springvale
Div.2.-Cheltenham
Div.3.-Clayton

Still can't work out how Mordi got the Div.1. finals with the putrid rooms/social facilities they have.Springy by far have the best overall package to offer the SFL.
Finals should be played at Div 1 Chelt
Div2 Springvale
Div 3 Heatherton

Why Chelt, explain the great surface, excellent parking and extensive covered spectator areas!!

Lets face it Springy is num 1 but i got a feeling they made it hard for the SFL to hold finals there Chelt is a very user friendly ground where it is easy to watch the game and parking aint a big problem as for Cover will we need it? I think the rain wont be around come september

Finals should be played at Div 1 Chelt
Div2 Springvale
Div 3 Heatherton

Koach, please!!!! You have a lot to say, but sometimes I wonder.
Heatherton as a Div3 or anything other as a finals venue...are you kidding?
Where in any footy comp would the second ranked team be rewarded with a portable classroom as a changeroom facility for a Grand final?

mate, just try to think before you post!
heatherton will never host a final series while they offer facilities such as this:eek:

chelts surface is very poor and i know a good surface trust me the koach has spoken
Again why Chelt? The only reason I can think of is $$$. Will the league choose $$$ over a suitable venue? And will it hurt the reputation of the league? Injuries on poor surfaces, lack of crowds at unsuitable venues!!

Richard, I think that the VAFA has a mortgage on TBO.

I agree though, it would be a fantastic venue for Div 1 SFL.

FWIW, No way the finals will be at Chelt. Whilst the ground has improved over the past few weeks its still one of the worst surfaces in the comp. If the surface was up to scratch it would be a great venue as the atmosphere would be excellent (just as it was when all the Federal league finals were there) and its central for most people. Only other issue is having finals at a ground where the home team is involved. That wouldn't be fair to the other clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richard, I think that the VAFA has a mortgage on TBO.

I agree though, it would be a fantastic venue for Div 1 SFL.

FWIW, No way the finals will be at Chelt. Whilst the ground has improved over the past few weeks its still one of the worst surfaces in the comp. If the surface was up to scratch it would be a great venue as the atmosphere would be excellent (just as it was when all the Federal league finals were there) and its central for most people. Only other issue is having finals at a ground where the home team is involved. That wouldn't be fair to the other clubs.

GF div 3 should be played at where ever the hammers want to play it.

Koach, please!!!! You have a lot to say, but sometimes I wonder.
Heatherton as a Div3 or anything other as a finals venue...are you kidding?
Where in any footy comp would the second ranked team be rewarded with a portable classroom as a changeroom facility for a Grand final?

mate, just try to think before you post!
heatherton will never host a final series while they offer facilities such as this:eek:

Ha Ha ok so i was kidding i would honestly say Chelt sprigvale and Clayton would be the best three

Haven't clayton taken their front fence down? If so they won't hold finals coz too many people would get in without paying and they lose valuable revenue. Saying this they could also easily put the fence back up

Is there any reason why the SFL couldn't get Morrabbin for Divvy 1 Finals? Logistically it would just be a mater of wheeling in a few catering vans and of course its all fenced off, it makes sense considering the SFL offices are still there. Plus the surface is preety handy.

Is there any reason why the SFL couldn't get Morrabbin for Divvy 1 Finals? Logistically it would just be a mater of wheeling in a few catering vans and of course its all fenced off, it makes sense considering the SFL offices are still there. Plus the surface is preety handy.

SMUU28 i guess you would be concerned where the finals are gonna be played as your team is knocking on the door:D Sorry cheap how is old Dandy going SMUU28?

Tried a few years ago, small crowds (maybe lost in the bigger venue)

SMUU28 i guess you would be concerned where the finals are gonna be played as your team is knocking on the door:D Sorry cheap how is old Dandy going SMUU28?
Fine. Thanks for asking. Just trying to establish why an AFL training venue/previous AFL ground isn't utilised if at the leagues disposal, thought it was a reasonable question.....:confused:

We played a praccy match there this year, they're doing renos all over the place so i don't think it'd be that good unless everything was finished, compared to Clayton or Springy.

Just thought I would go through the pro's and con's of each venue listed on the SFL site as a possible Div 1 Finals Venue...

Clayton (9%)
Pros: Good facilities. Great burgers.
Cons: Lack of parking. Surface is terrible (bug went through it). Very small ground.

Mordialloc (24%)
Pros: Good sized ground. Surface is fairly good. Lots of parking in surrounding streets. Good atmosphere. Good viewing ground. Central location.
Cons: Little shelter. Rooms aren't as good as other venues. Home team will most likely be involved.

Cheltenham (12%)
Pros: Good facilities. Central location. Great atmosphere. Parking is adequate (streets and around ground).
Cons: Surface is poor. Ground isn't overly big. Not alot of shelter. Home team will be involved.

Heatherton (5%)
Pros: Surface is good (was last time i saw it). Good sized ground.
Cons: Poor facilities. Parking would be an issue. Middle of nowhere.

Springvale (50%)
Pros: Pretty good facilities. Great burgers. Excellent surface. Big ground. Parking.
Cons: People don't like going there. Viewing isn't great. Atmosphere is only average. Wind tunnel.

Every ground has its ups and downs. I would like to see if we can get Trevor Barker Oval or even the Junction Oval. I think both are the property of the VAFA but it doesnt hurt to ask the question.

Just thought I would go through the pro's and con's of each venue listed on the SFL site as a possible Div 1 Finals Venue...

Clayton (9%)
Pros: Good facilities. Great burgers.
Cons: Lack of parking. Surface is terrible (bug went through it). Very small ground.

Mordialloc (24%)
Pros: Good sized ground. Surface is fairly good. Lots of parking in surrounding streets. Good atmosphere. Good viewing ground. Central location.
Cons: Little shelter. Rooms aren't as good as other venues. Home team will most likely be involved.

Cheltenham (12%)
Pros: Good facilities. Central location. Great atmosphere. Parking is adequate (streets and around ground).
Cons: Surface is poor. Ground isn't overly big. Not alot of shelter. Home team will be involved.

Heatherton (5%)
Pros: Surface is good (was last time i saw it). Good sized ground.
Cons: Poor facilities. Parking would be an issue. Middle of nowhere.

Springvale (50%)
Pros: Pretty good facilities. Great burgers. Excellent surface. Big ground. Parking.
Cons: People don't like going there. Viewing isn't great. Atmosphere is only average. Wind tunnel.

Every ground has its ups and downs. I would like to see if we can get Trevor Barker Oval or even the Junction Oval. I think both are the property of the VAFA but it doesnt hurt to ask the question.

Great breakdown but at a guess I think the finlas will played on the same grounds as last year , except divvy 3 where the clays ground is a worry
I cant see the league changing for one year divvy 1, whether its Mordy or Springy it will be windy. Although we havent played there yet the word is Springvale is like carpet?????

Great breakdown but at a guess I think the finlas will played on the same grounds as last year , except divvy 3 where the clays ground is a worry
I cant see the league changing for one year divvy 1, whether its Mordy or Springy it will be windy. Although we havent played there yet the word is Springvale is like carpet?????

Our mob played on springy's surface last weekend and it looks in great shape.

Best it's been in years I would say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back