Fixture Finals Week 1 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood v Melbourne
Brisbane v Port Adelaide
Carlton v GWS
St.Kilda v Sydney

Pies and Lions at home too strong.
I'll go Carlton on the assumption it is at the MCG. Think they play better at the G.
Sydney to wipe the floor with the Saints.

Nice to see the salt continue for two weeks straight, lmao

Enjoy your off season champ. :)

If saints don’t get to host their game at marvel, will that finally end the argument about cats getting a final at their s**t little stadium?
A Saints GWS final wouldn't sell out Marvel so there's no need for it to be at the MCG so more people can go.

Then again maybe Stkilda want it at the MCG.

Maybe check the games before posting winners

All the Vic finals will be MCG. Only if they had to play two on Saturday would there likely be a move to Docklands.
Its a stretch but maybe St Kilda v GWS could be at Docklands, being a small Vic club against a lesser supported non-Vic club, but there's no need to not play at the MCG.

Bold prediction.

Wouldn't both the Demons and Pies be equally at home at the MCG or is the home vs away interchange bench/change rooms etc a big variable?

Edited.

Flashscore is usually reliable but their ladder was different 20 minutes ago to what it is now.
Someone led me up the garden path there.

Won't change any of my picked winners. Blues to bounce back, both home QF teams to win and the Saints to lose badly.

A Saints GWS final wouldn't sell out Marvel so there's no need for it to be at the MCG so more people can go.

Then again maybe Stkilda want it at the MCG.
45K at Marvel is 10 times better than 45K at the MCG so it would be nice there to be honest

But the MCC have alot of power and there's might be some quota that needs to be met

Collingwood
Port
Carlton
StKilda

The hardest game to pick is the Collingwood Melbourne game, but I think McCrae's coaching is what will get Collingwood over the line

Port will beat Brisbane at the Gabba, Brisbane will fold under the pressure as they normally do in finals.

Carlton at the MCG with 80k blues fans, free kick Carlton will be in full force.

StKilda's to get over GWS they'll run all over them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If St.Kilda vs GWS isn't at Marvel then that venue will never, ever host a final again.

Considering Geelong were able to host Fremantle at GMHBA in 2013, that should be enough of a case for the Saints to present.
2 big factors now.
  • these days the AFL does Thursday night finals
  • that year there were 4 finals in Victoria.

With Thursday night finals you can easily do one each on Thursday/Friday/Saturday at the MCG. Sucks though

History suggests 5th vs 8th is always the last game to be played, except in 2021 for some reason. Thats evidence enough for me to suggest Carl V Syd sat night.

Thurs 7.25pm Lions v Port @ Gabba
Fri 7.50pm Pies v Dees @ MCG
Sat 3.20pm Saints v GWS @ Marvel
Sat 7.25pm Blues v Syd @ MCG

Best format - allows for maximum rest for top teams going into both week 2 and week 3.
That would be nice but apparently the Pies want Thursday night. Maybe they’ll swap those QFs around but historically, QF losers don’t get two days more rest than the EF winners.

they should just let the top side pick it's time slot then go from there down the list
Pretty much. Considering no team will be given a two day break over anyone and the Pies want Thursday night, I’d accept their request and go:

Pies v Dees Thu night MCG
Blues v Swans Fri night MCG
Saints v GWS Sat arvo Marvel
Lions v Port Sat night Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Back