AFLW Finals Week 1: Qualifying Finals

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pies lost the plot in the end. Cant say you can blame them too much. Would have felt the world was against them with the last couple of weeks events. Hard not to get cranky and disillusioned.

Lions on track, and if you think they go into the game against Melbourne as underdogs, well, fine, because that's how they like it.

keepswimming

Debutant
Jul 28, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Good season girls, 8 other teams would have loved to get that far. Its a pleasure following you.
At least Davidson didnt score who is the most amnoying player in the comp by far. Go Dees

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
Good season girls, 8 other teams would have loved to get that far. Its a pleasure following you.
At least Davidson didnt score who is the most amnoying player in the comp by far. Go Dees
Seriously, you're a Suns supporter and by the looks of your post not loving a QLDer making their mark?

Please, I'm laughing. The QLD supporters can be so fickle.

Go Lions, Brisbane Lions!

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
They're unquestionably the form side. They'll need to win away next week (and potentially the week after that if the Crows get through), but that won't bother them.
It isn't just being the 'form' side. They have had to fight for every inch all along.

I do believe they are a better team than the hyped from the start Demons.

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
It isn't just being the 'form' side. They have had to fight for every inch all along.

I do believe they are a better team than the hyped from the start Demons.

Agreed, they've had to battle hard, but their last few matches in particular have been immense.

Ever since their narrow loss to Melbourne they've looked as good as I've ever seen an AFLW team look.

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Agreed, they've had to battle hard, but their last few matches in particular have been immense.

Ever since their narrow loss to Melbourne they've looked as good as I've ever seen an AFLW team look.
You're right but your team is the 1 to beat, can afford to be magnanimous :)

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
You're right but your team is the 1 to beat, can afford to be magnanimous :)

Let's just say I'm nervous about it :p The Crows played their best footy early on when they faced the top teams, much less convincing as of late. And they've shown a concerning lack of ability to score big scores.

In order to win we'll have to hold either Brisbane or Melbourne to a low score which is a hell of a task in their current form.

Back