Finals Week 2 Discussion

Doesn’t work when they can’t generate any forward momentum. No clearance and no rebound atm. We still leak more goals than this even when our mids are on top lol.

No doubt either of these sides would smash us.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
GWS lucky to come away with that, but well done. Finally a game worth watching (or at least part thereof).

Mumford was shocking, though. Absolutely toasted by Martin who was carrying an injury. Probably should've stayed retired. Not much point having a walking free against out on the paddock.

Charlie_s123

Premium Platinum
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
And the GWS supporters are going nuts at Blacktown RSL!!

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
GWS lucky to come away with that, but well done. Finally a game worth watching (or at least part thereof).

Mumford was shocking, though. Absolutely toasted by Martin who was carrying an injury. Probably should've stayed retired. Not much point having a walking free against out on the paddock.

Still not sure why he came out of retirement, honestly would have been better drafting the best available ruck and playing him all year.

Charlie_s123

Premium Platinum
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just saw the replay for the winning goal by GWS, that was one of the most blatant throws ever! Brissy fans must be spewing.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Geez I love watching Greene play. Was awful against the Pies last year in the semi, reckon he'll come out eye gouging even more players than normal this week.

He is a gun player, plays on the edge though.
I have a feeling he will be a handful for the pies next week.

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Awesome game - I wonder if GWS can knock off collingwood - I actually think they are in with a shot

They swallowed everything. What I would give for a defence like that.
Get May, Lever and Hore on the park together fully fit and it'll look similar. Hope Frosty stays. GWS have a very tall backline but it works so well.

I think so too, just afraid to say it out loud! I feel like the Dees are out to prove me wrong sometimes.
That being said GWS midfield works harder defensively. Like I said earlier our midfield probably has better clearance ability (all time stuff) but while we’d never get smashed like GWS did our defence is always under way more pressure when the ball does go back in their because we also have an all time worst defensive midfield setup.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Geez I love watching Greene play. Was awful against the Pies last year in the semi, reckon he'll come out eye gouging even more players than normal this week.
I don't have many favourite Oppo players left but he's one. Sorta bloke an mate youd love to play with

Back