Preview Finals Week One: Brisbane Lions vs Richmond Tigers @ The Gabba, Friday Oct 2, 7:50pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
The liiioooons chant that went up 15minutes after the last elimination final in 2019 was spine tingling.

We’d lost and were out if the finals and a hell of a lot of people had left, but those left raised a massive sound in appreciation while the players were still on the ground.

One of the best sporting moments I’ve been in.
Yeah that was pretty special. Was appreciation for what still was a fantastic season from the boys despite dropping out in straight sets.

Yeah that was pretty special. Was appreciation for what still was a fantastic season from the boys despite dropping out in straight sets.

We were out of finals but that moment felt like the biggest win since our glory days. We were well and truly back and 2020 has proved that.

Mar 20, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I just hope Fagan gets all the boys together in his home theater, warms up the VHS player and shows them Predator, like Lethal did in 2001.

tenor.gif

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Yep, I understand that, I wasn't really commenting on noise level, it was more the emotional feel/vibe that was going around that night v Richmond, the love/applause that Chris Fagan got as he walked towards the bench just before bouncedown was amazing.
Yeah, I know exactly what you are saying.

The fact that the PA system seemed to have broken down pre game actually added to the atmosphere rather than detract from it.

The crowd made its own atmosphere and it was electric.

Even though we lost quite comprehensively in the end, that buzz before the game was a very special moment for me in my many memories of following the Bear/Lions

The over the top frenzied "crowd morivation" by that screaming chick over the PA a week later when we played the Giants had the opposite effect as far as I'm concerned. I thought it'd a flattened the crowd and made it harder for us to really get into the game.

The reality is that anyone who payed a not insignificant amount of their hard earned to go to see our boys play in an elimination S/F didn't need any more "motivating" to get behind them.

So why all the screaming, urging and yelling pre game to "MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!" And "GET BEHIND THE BOOOYZZZZ BRISBANE!!!! , BLAH BLAH!!!!????

I think it's infantile and in and quite insulting

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Queensland premier announces today there will be 75% Capacity allowed at stadiums from today

So what's that mean, 25K or so for the final? Can't wait.
Not sure , but didn't we get around 36000 last year's final , so 75% is 27000.
That's a good size crowd for the gabba.
Starting to get nervous with the codes and stuff for tickets.
By the 2nd game last year it was easy peasy , that was a whole year ago, hope I don't stuff up.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Not sure , but didn't we get around 36000 last year's final , so 75% is 27000.
That's a good size crowd for the gabba.
Starting to get nervous with the codes and stuff for tickets.
By the 2nd game last year it was easy peasy , that was a whole year ago, hope I don't stuff up.
Me too mate I've got the pressure of buying tickets for my group as I am the "expert"

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The changes come in at 1am 1/10/20 so our game v Richmond the next day will have the increased figure

I believe the new total allowed will be 30,000. A figure announced by Gil for the Grand Final
Gabba capacity still listed at 42,000 but realistically it is about 38,000 plus
So, 75 % of 38,000 = 28,500
I believe Ticketmaster will be told to work out a 30,000 selling figure with 1 seat between groups and see what can be sold.
The Richmond game will then give the AFL some incite on how to sell 30,000 for the GF.
This game may very well be the one to sell out depending on how other results fall during finals

However their needs to be some positive marketing & promotion to take place to ensure this crowd figure happens

Still lots of people believe their is no point trying to get tickets as limited capacity to footy games. Also a lot of seniors will resist going due to health concerns.

Tickets on sale Monday with game on Friday so not much time to convert people into attending and paying increased $ for a final

Largest crowds at the Gabba[edit]
SportDateCrowdEvent
Concerts4-5 March 201765,000Adele Live 2017
Rugby League9 July 195446,355Ashes Test Match: Australia vs England
International Cricket15 January 200638,8742006 KFC T20I: Australia vs South Africa
Australian Football7 September 201937,4782019 AFL Qualifying Final: Brisbane Lions vs Richmond
Rugby Union30 June 200137,4602001 British and Irish Lions tour to Australia: British and Irish Lions vs Australia
Association Football23 September 200037,3322000 Olympic Football (men's) Brazil vs Cameroon
Domestic Cricket (Big Bash League)5 January 201835,5642017–18 BBL Season: Brisbane Heat vs Perth Scorchers

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Still lots of people believe their is no point trying to get tickets as limited capacity to footy games. Also a lot of seniors will resist going due to health concerns.

Tickets on sale Monday with game on Friday so not much time to convert people into attending and paying increased $ for a final
Surely a Friday night final vs Richmond will have no trouble at all selling out despite the above. Just from my own personal experience I've had a number of mates try and hit me up for tickets - lots of keen casuals.

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Can members purchase additional tickets for non-members on Monday?

From what I have seen in the media and email, looks like it's member tickets only from 9am to 1pm. Then general public onsale will open.

Which sucks because I want to sit with a few mates, but looking very unlikely since they are not members.

snooplions

Club Legend
Dec 2, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
From what I have seen in the media and email, looks like it's member tickets only from 9am to 1pm. Then general public onsale will open.

Which sucks because I want to sit with a few mates, but looking very unlikely since they are not members.
Yeah that was the impression the email and other info gave me. Would be disappointing but completely understandable.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Good to hear that Harro passed his fitness test today so good to go for next week.✅

Whoever plays on him might try and run him around a bit. Probably has to stay close to goals and switch opponents with Dizzy for whoever goes up the field.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Whoever plays on him might try and run him around a bit. Probably has to stay close to goals and switch opponents with Dizzy for whoever goes up the field.
Don't see Harris or Fages instructing a change in the way Harris usually plays, if he's fit to play he plays as per normal.

Leppa stepped away from assistant coaching role strange timing

He knew Brisbane were about to pants the Tigers so he's doing the only sensible thing - jumping ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back