Game Day Finals Week One: Brisbane Lions vs Richmond Tigers @ The Gabba, Friday Oct 2, 7:50pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
brisbane-v-richmond-the-gabba-afl-fw1.jpg

Edit: I disclaim bad uses of MS Paint, this was posted in my name without my knowledge...

Edit: You are free to do as you will with the OP. As I said in the mods board, please update the OP with game info. - Chief.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we win this, it will give the boys enormous self belief to go all the way.
If we win tonight, we send Richmond into the Port Adelaide side of the finals draw and they need to play them in Adelaide in the Preliminary if they win their Semi-Final. That is a massive handicap. Winning tonight means we avoid the same fate. Instead we get a home Preliminary and a home Grand Final. We can do this!!

Win this and we get a home prelim against teams we should beat. Lose and we have an incredible challenge in Port in Adelaide (assuming we win next week). The high road or the low road. It's up to us.

GO LIONS!

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
Go Lions! History making day.

Been watching the 2001 final series where players lifted and started that marvellous run. To win we need players to make history, to make the night theirs and I wonder who it will be.

Go LIons

Oct 8, 2018
Hobart
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Tassie Devils, Tasmania JackJumpers
Brisbane, through sheer chance of a pandemic, have had an armchair ride to the top four this season with bulk home games and plenty of time in their own beds.
(article)

Oh wow! Hold the phone! We’re only in the top four because of a pandemic!

Who knew the pandemic started way back in March 2019 🙄

It’s not officially game day until Sausages has mulled up, punched a couple of cones and given the day his imprimatur with one of his uplifting posts. Come on man! We are waiting.

royboys4eva

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It’s not officially game day until Sausages has mulled up, punched a couple of cones and given the day his imprimatur with one of his uplifting posts. Come on man! We are waiting.

Come on mate it would be way to early for sausages ! He won't be out of bed for a few hours I'm guessing.

Squizz89

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Wouldn't mind seeing Robbo line Dusty up at the first bounce with a nice hip and shoulder (legally of course, we want the best players out there, which is why in a way I'm disappointed Lynch isn't out there).

Yes, granted it might fire Dusty up, but it also might fire us up too, and will let him and the rest of the Richmond team know that he's actually in for a game tonight as opposed to the last however many, where he seems to just do whatever he likes against us.

We need to do something different with him, otherwise you may as well give him his 25 & 4 goals now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back