Analysis FINALS! - Who and where will we play?

Now we're made finals what are your expectations?

• Runners up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight set exit (lose QF, lose SF)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My guess is that we beat Freo and Brisbane upset West Coast which has us getting revenge on West Coast at the G.

No way there’ll be a repeat of what happened last time. We’ll go straight to the Prelim.
This would be good.

Scenarios in-order of preference:

1) Collingwood V WCE at the MCG - I think we could dominate them through the midfield. No Nic Nat or Gaff. If Cox plays, he would keep McGovern honest.

2) Collingwood V Hawks at the MCG - it should probably be scenario 1, but just nervous because recently we have played poor against the Hawks. I can see us beating them as long as we don’t let Tom Mitchell off the chain. They don’t have many KPF’s either.

3) Collingwood V WCE at the Optus - they say Optus is similar sized to MCG. Also, we play there this week. Like many have previously mentioned, it’ll be nice to get the travel out of the way in the first week. Still think we can beat WCE in Perth. No Nic-Nat & Gaff helps.

4) Collingwood V Richmond at the G - only reason this is option 4 is because I would like to play them in the prelim instead. Just because we will have more of our team back by then, and I rather knock them out than have to verse them again.

5) Collingwood V Melbourne at the G -
Melbourne is the team I least want to play these finals. They’re just very dynamic. The sort of team who can really turn it on a given day.

I would love another crack at west coast at the G with potentially Treloar and Goldsack back in the side
Personally, I think if Cox had played, Mcgovern/Hurn wouldn't have killed us. Treloar/Sack would be the icing on the cake.

Lions would have to be a serious chance to knock eagles off ,no Gaff, Kennedy,Nicnat would have to make a difference .

No disrespect, but no. It would be one of the upsets of the year.

We have been without NicNat and Kennedy for large stretches of the year and still managed to beat sides better than Brisbane (both home and away). Shuey and Yeo are better midfielders than whoever Brisbane put on the park in an equivalent position, our backs are better, and last week showed that we can kick 90+ points missing our 2 primary forwards.

The only thing going Brisbane's way this week is the chance of rain.

Not saying that they cant win, but if they did it would be against massive odds and we would probably have to play the worst we have all year.

No disrespect, but no. It would be one of the upsets of the year.

We have been without NicNat and Kennedy for large stretches of the year and still managed to beat sides better than Brisbane (both home and away). Shuey and Yeo are better midfielders than whoever Brisbane put on the park in an equivalent position, our backs are better, and last week showed that we can kick 90+ points missing our 2 primary forwards.

The only thing going Brisbane's way this week is the chance of rain.

Not saying that they cant win, but if they did it would be against massive odds and we would probably have to play the worst we have all year.
WCE losing to the Lions is unlikely. However it’s worth keeping in mind they got within 7 points against 3rd (Pies) and pumped 5th (and most likely 4th placed after the weekend Hawks) on their home deck.

Back