Finals: yeah or nah?

Will we make Finals?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday's result doesn't really change the permutations too much as most of us pencilled in the L before the game. The winner of Friday's dogs vs tigers will play finals.

Wouldn't just assume we beat the Saints at Marvel. It's not like we thrashed them at the G in Cotchins 300th, the result was still in play with 2 mins to go.

even if we make the first round only, it will be good xp for the kids.
Sunday's game was a great sign for our growth as a team and where we need to improve, probably our best performance of this year. Who knows from here.

Wouldn't just assume we beat the Saints at Marvel. It's not like we thrashed them at the G in Cotchins 300th, the result was still in play with 2 mins to go.
You're right Banzai as we have this knack of keeping inferior opposition in the game until the end. It's all up in the air still and destiny mainly in our own hands.

Sunday's game was a great sign for our growth as a team and where we need to improve, probably our best performance of this year. Who knows from here.

I thought we were much better the first time round against Melbourne. We kicked poorly for goal that night, but atleast we kept creating chances even in the last. They also had Oliver that night and we had Ryan in the ruck and not Soldo. This time we completely fell away leaving a very one sided inside 50 count.

I thought we were much better the first time round against Melbourne. We kicked poorly for goal that night, but atleast we kept creating chances even in the last. They also had Oliver that night and we had Ryan in the ruck and not Soldo. This time we completely fell away leaving a very one sided inside 50 count.
i think we lost it at selection this time around, but yes you may have a point there.

i think we lost it at selection this time around, but yes you may have a point there.

I dont like our selection, certainly of our forward line, but the midfield is still where the game is being won or lost. We pretty much never get 4 quarters out of our midfield and our bad quarters are really bad. I wouldn't start Taranto in at many center bounces. Start Dusty in, with Taranto forward and then swap them in general play. Hopper and Prestia however are complete liabilities if we aren't winning the clearances anyway.

lmao yeah the umpires didnt do anything 🤦🏻‍♂️

I dont like our selection, certainly of our forward line, but the midfield is still where the game is being won or lost. We pretty much never get 4 quarters out of our midfield and our bad quarters are really bad. I wouldn't start Taranto in at many center bounces. Start Dusty in, with Taranto forward and then swap them in general play. Hopper and Prestia however are complete liabilities if we aren't winning the clearances anyway.
NOW WE ARE TALKING, I'm thinking the same, Taranto to go up forward of the centre for obvious reasons, Dusty and Shai in the centre.
Prestia does have some moments of brilliance though, but i think its close to time for him considering how much his body had to deal with.

Cats could quite easily only win 1 more game for the season so we may only need 2 wins to get in.

quite possibly. I tend to just pick the winners based on form, home ground and ladder position etc. The main thing is though, we win those 3 games. If we do, we almost always end up 8th as most of the remaining games for our direct challengers are "8 pointers" - which means someone has to lose & those 2 teams literally just swap spots. Its pretty wild exercise. 80% of outcomes have us 6th-8th, AS LONG as we in against Roo's, Saints & Dogs.

quite possibly. I tend to just pick the winners based on form, home ground and ladder position etc. The main thing is though, we win those 3 games. If we do, we almost always end up 8th as most of the remaining games for our direct challengers are "8 pointers" - which means someone has to lose & those 2 teams literally just swap spots. Its pretty wild exercise. 80% of outcomes have us 6th-8th, AS LONG as we in against Roo's, Saints & Dogs.
They’re all tough games for me bc we have this tendency to play at the level of our opponents. We have lost our killer instinct.

Im factoring in that if we are good enough to beat the dogs at Marvel, than the Saints are a much easier proposition. Plus i feel that the saints have been getting progressively worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Vassp and banzai for recognising the true issue with our team. The midfield is a turtle colony with mostly poorly skilled plodders so it doesn’t matter how good our FL is they’ll have no hope as the opposition will generally have first use at the stoppages.
umpires are running the turtle colony too

We are a good team atm. I think we can win 3, dogs being the toughest game.

It really is an EF, with Nank and Short back in we’ll get it done imo.

Stick those umpires up you arse as i'm over them. ;):mad:The club puts up with them so it's partially their fault.
Just can't be bothered hearing us whinge about the cheats, but minibus backed them so we have to wear it.
seasons over m8

umps/afl wont let us make finals

Thinking about this, the kids we played in last years final 2023 has been a disaster for. MRJ was great that night, as was Sonsie. Cumberland and Gibcus both struggled but had played well previously.

Thinking about this, the kids we played in last years final 2023 has been a disaster for. MRJ was great that night, as was Sonsie. Cumberland and Gibcus both struggled but had played well previously.
yeah, but kids are nearly always up and down.

Seasons over boys, we're cooked. I wasnt impressed with last weeks performance at all. We're plucky and i love that we have a crack, but we were over matched. Plus seeing sides wallop sides a week after weve struggled against that same opposition says it all. Everyone talking about how badly saints are travelling, yet were 40 points up in the 1st quarter against the side we barely got over the line against. We're just not very good. No chance of winning this week or playing finals

Seasons over boys, we're cooked. I wasnt impressed with last weeks performance at all. We're plucky and i love that we have a crack, but we were over matched. Plus seeing sides wallop sides a week after weve struggled against that same opposition says it all. Everyone talking about how badly saints are travelling, yet were 40 points up in the 1st quarter against the side we barely got over the line against. We're just not very good. No chance of winning this week or playing finals
one word umps

Saints nearly/should have lost to both Coke and Lolnorf but got an armchair ride from the umps in both matches. If they make finals they'll get annihilated

Here's my prediction:
With us losing against Melbourne and Port.
We absolutely must win against Bulldogs or else we're done.
Adelaide, Bulldogs, Geelong all just need one "upset" win to jump ahead of us. If two of them manage that, we are done.

View attachment 1759454
What happens if we lose against dogs but somehow won the final 3 matches? Zero chance of making it in that case or still some chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back