Unofficial Preview Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows v Tigers grand final. They are that far ahead it's not funny. Only possible threat is Swans beating Crows, but unlikely.
We are that far off them it's not funny. As to why that is is up for debate. I hope we can turn it around but I'm certainly not confident.
I think the players are trying hard. I think strategically we are off the mark.

This is the Tigers who have put up plenty of stinkers this year. Yep, they looked really good last night for a quarter or so, but so do we. I wouldn't necessarily tip us to beat them, but I definitely don't think they're so far ahead of everyone else.

Adelaide is a different story.

I turned over to the game with about 10 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter when it was 27-26 or some similar low scoring encounter. Turned off and the Tigers went beserk in the last.

Seriously what the hell?
Dusty is what happened! Great display by the team, but awesome display by Dusty. When he came up to look through our facilities a couple of years ago I thought hell no. Now I wish we had signed him!

This is the Tigers who have put up plenty of stinkers this year. Yep, they looked really good last night for a quarter or so, but so do we. I wouldn't necessarily tip us to beat them, but I definitely don't think they're so far ahead of everyone else.

Adelaide is a different story.
I think everyone is underestimating them. There structure and pressure is superb. They have arguably been the most consistent team this year.

I think everyone is underestimating them. There structure and pressure is superb. They have arguably been the most consistent team this year.
They've gotten smashed twice by more than we've lost at all this year. Three losses to teams who didn't make finals, including the Dockers. Plenty of games where they couldn't shake off the worst teams - North, Suns, Lions and Blues. I'd agree on the consistency - they've consistently in the range of a two goal loss to a six goal win (almost) regardless of opposition.

HOWEVER they are also arguably the form team of the last month, and now they're are only two wins from a premiership. That shouldn't be undersold.

I think their year as a whole has been underwhelming but we've already seen a very recent case of what getting top form at the right time means so I don't plan on underestimating them. They can clearly beat anyone on their day - I'm just not convinced they've shaken the ability to also lose to anyone on their day.

They've gotten smashed twice by more than we've lost at all this year. Three losses to teams who didn't make finals, including the Dockers. Plenty of games where they couldn't shake off the worst teams - North, Suns, Lions and Blues. I'd agree on the consistency - they've consistently in the range of a two goal loss to a six goal win (almost) regardless of opposition.

HOWEVER they are also arguably the form team of the last month, and now they're are only two wins from a premiership. That shouldn't be undersold.

I think their year as a whole has been underwhelming but we've already seen a very recent case of what getting top form at the right time means so I don't plan on underestimating them. They can clearly beat anyone on their day - I'm just not convinced they've shaken the ability to also lose to anyone on their day.
Not sure how you can say how their season has been underwhelming. They finished third. No one expected them to make the eight. They had a great season. All teams have unexpected losses throughout the year.
They lost a few games by less than a kick when they were in front with a minute to go.
What's more important though is they play a brand that suits September and they will be playing their prelim and gf on their home deck in front of 70000 of their home fans.

Not sure how you can say how their season has been underwhelming. They finished third. No one expected them to make the eight. They had a great season. All teams have unexpected losses throughout the year.

You were putting them up for "the most consistent team of the year" and "that far ahead it's not funny". I'd argue that only Adelaide has met that standard and if that's the standard we're comparing them to, their season has been underwhelming. That's what I referring to, not how they've gone compared to initial expectations.

We play anything like we have the last few weeks and it wont matter who we play. We will lose.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Oddly the last thtee games includes a win again West Coast. We can lose the Semi, but in my view if we bring the game we played Thursday night we beat either of them. Remember the Crows recently flogged Port.
Richmond at the G however is a whole different story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad bad bad result. !!! Eagles are the best at rebounding from defence. If Leon doesnt change something quick west coast will chop off every bomb into the forward line we do and rebound before we know what hits us

And davis better not be injured as kennedy will be the difference

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bad bad bad result. !!! Eagles are the best at rebounding from defence. If Leon doesnt change something quick west coast will chop off every bomb into the forward line we do and rebound before we know what hits us

And davis better not be injured as kennedy will be the difference

We have them covered at home I think.

Hmmm...who's up for a trip to the G in a couple weeks if we get past the Weagles....

Skimmed through that also, would have been pretty cynical about it had we not been forced to sit amongst dogs supporters during the PF, not an experience I'd care to repeat.
Stick together and add the security number to contacts would be my recommendation, it is published to ensure behaviour like that is policed out.

Hmmm...who's up for a trip to the G in a couple weeks if we get past the Weagles....

I will go. Even their supporters warn me 90k plus Tigers fans at a PF will be more feral than 30k odd on a rainy Sunday afternoon were. They were fine though
:D Just hope I get a seat near the exit like last tine and a room at the same hotel. It's one block downhill running the gauntlet.

hello
we are from Perth and my kids are huge gws fans. We are going over to melb for next week and hoping for some gws members who aren't using their barcodes for the gws v rich game. I need 4 tickets. please let me know if you can help. thank you
Hmmmm Perth based Richmond supporters in disguise I see

Remove this Banner Ad

Back